PDA

View Full Version : Greetings! (and EVO questions)

EVO-Envy
04-11-2000, 20:31
Just wanted to greet everyone on this list and say how awesome it is that I finally found a site with great information about Lancer's! The EVO VI is my dream car. Unfortunately I live in the U.S., so it doesn't look like I will ever be able to buy one here, but I just ordered information packages from U.S. Customs regarding importing cars from other countries... http://www.ltregister.com/graphics/TooHappy.gif <!--e13--> I am very interested in importing an EVO to the states, mainly for use at the track. I was hoping that people here could help me answer some questions.

1. Has anyone here successfully imported an EVO VI to the U.S.?

2. What models of the EVO VI have the left-hand drive (RS, GSR, etc.) and where can they be purchased? (I know these are available in Germany)

3. Could someone list a brief summary, or direct me to one on the web, of the differences in the available EVO VI models?

4. How great is it to be able to drive such a wonderful car!?!

That last question really reflects my nickname on this bulletin board, doesn't it?

Anyhow, its nice to know that we are *finally* getting the Impreza WRX over here in the states, although they waited until the terribly ugly new model, which is a shame. If my Lancer pursuits are in vain, I will most likely buy a WRX. I currently drive an Impreza 2.5RS, which needs a LOT more power, and I used to drive an Integra Type-R, until my friend totalled it! (don't let others drive your precious automobiles).

Thanks again,

Daniel

SteveC
05-11-2000, 20:20
Dan,

Can't answer all your questions, but just read some of the comments on this board to find out what people think about Evo's (In a word, Yabbadabbadoo..)

Re: the comparative specs, I think are some reasonable tech details on www.rallycars.com

Have not heard about anyone taking Evo's stateside unfortunately.

Steve.

EVO-Envy
06-11-2000, 04:31
Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.

-Daniel

chrishfq300
02-05-2010, 18:18
bump for possibly the oldest thread on the MLR :lol::lol:

yes i am :bored:

Stallion
02-05-2010, 19:35
bump for possibly the oldest thread on the MLR :lol::lol: