PDA

View Full Version : EVO 6 Needed for Group Test this Sunday

ScoobyNews
19-01-2001, 15:59
Hi all

Due to a cancellation we are looking for at least 1 EVO 6 (and preferably an RS as well) to represent the Lancer camp in our group test at Bruntingthorpe this Sunday.

The cars in attendance include...

22B
P1
UK Impreza
WRX
BMW M Coupe
Honda Integra Type R
M5
Westfield

The test will be as follows...

- 1/4 head to head straight line race (NO agressive launching allowed, just brisk start) - Driven by the owners of the car.
- 10MPH - 100MPH run (with state of the art speed measuring equipment) to log 10 - 60, 30 - 70, 50 - 90 (Driven By Simon de Banke)
- 3rd gear acceleration test 30 - 70 (Driven by Simon de Banke)
- Short Handling Circuit (Driven by Simon de Banke)
- General Handling appraisal (Driven by Simon de Banke)

Car sympathy and safety will be the HIGHEST priority. Simon de Banke is an experinced test driver / rally driver and will NOT abuse your car.

The article will appear on the ScoobyNews CD and will include video footage and photography by Josh Levy (Pro Motorsports Photographer).

Please let us know if you would like to get involved... scoobynews@scoobynet.co.uk

howardb
19-01-2001, 16:28
I presume SDB is at a loose end this Sunday and decided it would be a good idea to 'borrow/test' other peoples cars?

I'll be looking for owners of Diablo's, F1's and 550's to bring their cars to my estate, where I will be happy to drive them and take pictures, as a momento of their (cars) day out.

Offers?

Simon de Banke
19-01-2001, 16:48
hmmm

thanks for that.

I'm doing for free (as an enthusiast) what I normally get paid for.

Thanks for your support.

Regards

Simon

Heave Ho Six
19-01-2001, 16:50
Whats the point we all know what will come top. Scoobynews and an Evo wins, that is about as likely as EVO mag saying an Impreza is crap.

Simon de Banke
19-01-2001, 17:02
hehe [img]http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/happy1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle ><!--e1-->

I can assure you there will be absolutely NO biased opinions at all. I test all sorts of cars and have to be completely neutral. I also know that the EVO is a superior car to the Scoob in a number of ways (not everything though)...

I think the big surprises will come from the Integra R (being incredibly competent, dispite 2WD, no turbo, etc) and the M Coupe which is a stunning car...

But...

It is not designed as a which is best article, it is more of a discussion of the differences. We do not need to please a particular company because they are giving us some kind of sweetner, we can tell the absolute truth, and intend to.

The EVO was one of the first cars we decided to include in the test as it is so clearly a rival to the Impreza. It would be a shame to have to exclude it from this test IMHO.

All the best

Simon
Feel free to contact me directly if you prefer on simon@drivingtechniques.co.uk

TonyC
19-01-2001, 17:13
He,he Simon, are you sure you wouldn't like my Evo 1 instead. On standard, skinny tyres I can promise you much sideways hilarity [img]http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/Happy.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >
Anyway, I'm suprised you have time when you're always chatting on the World Sports Cars game discusion forum instead of working [img]http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/Happy.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

TonyC

Martin Stirling
19-01-2001, 18:40
Where is Bruntingthorpe?? I might be interested if it's not too far. I live in the Ascot (Berks) area. I have a GSR VI.

MS

Simon de Banke
19-01-2001, 18:55
Hi

Bruntingthorpe is in Leicestershire

I would estimate about 45 mins up the M1 then about 15 mins cross country (not sure of distance from ascot to M1.

I think there are a couple of people travelling up from the Ascot area, so let me know and I'll get you in touch with them.

There is a chance that the weather may blow the whole thing anyway now. If it snows heavily it will turn into a big photoshoot and a I will have some time to give some limit handling coaching to those that want it. But we'll have to wait and see.

Best regards

Simon

blackevo6
25-01-2001, 17:51
Simon,

Are you the same Simon at Don Palmer course driving a sonic blue WRX? I may be interested to let you drive my car after seeing how you drove around at MIRA. (EVO6 GSR)

Provided I survive this Saturday at Oulton Park track day organized by SIDC.

Lawrence
(sales@mightycomputers.co.uk)

Rock & A Hardplace
25-01-2001, 19:39
OK OK

What spec of E6 do you need (should it be standard) or are mods allowed? Could be interested if it in the pm. Sorry Simon never heard of you - so if you DO drive our cars AND there are any problems - OFFS', mecahnaicals etc, whose insurance covers?

If you cannot answer then I guess I'm out! Should be interesting - still fancy an M5 - must do the lottery!

SHORTY
26-01-2001, 00:20
A good friend of mine has a M3 coupe ,de limited 170mph |PLS|.
But he admired the sheers acceleration capability of My E4.
Watch the 2 wheel spin and the EVO driver at 1/8 th mile looking in the rear mirror picking his teeth.

Simon de Banke
26-01-2001, 12:54
sorry chaps...
Sunday was called off in the end due to the snow. I ended up just giving some impromptu limit handling coaching to those that turned up...

We will be re-arranging, but will probably miss this issue now. [img]http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/Sad.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

blackevo6
Yes that's me. Thanks for the kind words [img]http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/Happy.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

Rock and amp; A Hardplace
Insurance... depends on the day. You would not have been covered unless you arranged this seperately. This was all clearly discussed in the emails to the group that attended, and could be arranged through Egger Lawson who know me very well and my exemplary track record for zero damage, so there would be no problem at all.

Thanks again chaps

Speak soon

Simon

blackevo6
26-01-2001, 13:31
Simon,

let me know in future if you ever need to test out an EVO 6. The following url is for you
www.takakaira.com/aerokits/zerosports/newage.html to share with your fellow scoobies owners.

latest kit for your scoobies.

Lawrence