PDA

View Full Version : factory sunroof

mouton
16-01-2001, 20:44
my mates 6 has factory roof and has been told this is rare,anyone else got one ?

JapTech
16-01-2001, 21:27
Factory sunroof is really rare on the EVOs..
Mainly because of the weather and enviroment is Japan , sunroof is not essential and could be a headache..

Developed city like Tokyo, Osaka...etc are kind of polluted ....especially during summer time it's burning like 30 over degrees of temperature.

Hence you don't see to many Jap import with factory sunroof fitted...

CK EVO
16-01-2001, 21:40
It is very ture [img]http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/happy1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle ><!--e1-->

CK EVO

Blowdog
16-01-2001, 23:18
I had a sunroof on my previous VI, they were only available on a handful of the initial cars that were released. They were then deemed cost inefective and ditched in favour of the cheaper shells.

Cem

Dennis the Menace
17-01-2001, 13:31
My Evo-5 has a factory fitted glass sunroof. I had a choice when I bought my car. Obviously I chose the one that has a sunroof. Mind you the opening is really small but then is a small car.

Evilution
17-01-2001, 16:34
My Makinen has a sunroof too!

Kevin.

victor
10-02-2001, 21:38
When I asked R/Art about a sunroof on my E. 6 was told they did not offer them as they had had a lot of problems with leaks. I must say I have never missed having one and to be honest how often do you use them!

Woody
11-02-2001, 20:30
A thought just ocurred to me! My Makki has Air Con as I am sure is standard on other vehicles, this being the case why do you need a sunroof????? Just a thought![img]http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/tonguewink1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle ><!--e5-->

Heave Ho Six
11-02-2001, 22:46
To let the sun through the roof?
Personally I have never seen the point of 'em anyway. They leak, increase drag open or closed, decrease shell stiffness and let the sun bleach the interior if you don't have a shade. If you are desperate for a sun roof get a convertible if not open the window!