PDA

View Full Version : just wanted to say thank you

GAZ5EVO
25-09-2011, 07:41
hi guys thought it would be nice to say a few thanks yous

gwigga, uzibat, and motointerest for the passenger laps

motointerest again for all the time and hard work getting my car ready for snetterton

Darin, mechell and the rest of the crew for their hard work organising the sprint series

Kenny1 nice to meet ya

thank you to everyone who was there at snetterton, hopefully the mlrss will continue.

MotoIntrest
25-09-2011, 11:10
No probs mate we got there on the end. was determined you would make it along even though everything tried to stop it happening :lol:

GAZ5EVO
25-09-2011, 12:09
yeah wasnt the best time but got there and had fun :) ive now lost my voice typical lol

Tom's
25-09-2011, 17:39
Glad you had fun mate. I'm gutted we didn't get much track time as my times were tumbling.

Defo need a geo set up and better tyres next time.

Nice to put a few faces to names etc aswell.

Thanks everyone.

Evo_Jay
25-09-2011, 17:56
Glad you had a good day fella. Hope to see you at future events. :)

GAZ5EVO
25-09-2011, 19:22
im looking forward to next year.

tom's glad you managed to get your car sorted, when it came back into the pit area thought it was the bottom end gone by the sound but glad it was just the rad. how did ya missus take it?

Uzibat
25-09-2011, 20:50
You're welcome. :)

GAZ5EVO
25-09-2011, 20:54
:) was a good laugh, there is only two thing to change for next year, tyres and front brakes actually brake lines as well, and cat driver training ( uzibat recommendation)
and front tyres, glad i was only 2 seconds slower than rich. Need to believe more that my car will go round the corners faster even if it looks like im gonna go off the track lol.

MotoIntrest
25-09-2011, 22:30
:) was a good laugh, there is only two thing to change for next year, tyres and front brakes actually brake lines as well, and cat driver training ( uzibat recommendation)
and front tyres, glad i was only 2 seconds slower than rich. Need to believe more that my car will go round the corners faster even if it looks like im gonna go off the track lol.

you say that now but you'll always fond something else to add to that list :crackup: if your up for a CAT day I might come along as well.

You're welcome. :)

Check out the Sig ;)

Uzibat
25-09-2011, 22:45
Check out the Sig ;)

PMSL. I think Obama sums it up nicely for me here... ;)
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/11/03/obamafinger.jpg

MotoIntrest
25-09-2011, 23:07
Most unlike you that reply :rolleyes::crackup:

Angry gnome springs to mind pmsl

Uzibat
25-09-2011, 23:20
Dunno what you're on about. I never get wound up! ;)

corky_79
25-09-2011, 23:20
Why didn't you come over for that passenger lap?

I thought all of the newcomers did very well, and I was especially impressed by Uzibat's driving on her first ever sprint lap.

Hope to see you all and many others at future sprints.

kenny1
25-09-2011, 23:37
Nice to meet you too Baz. That track was awesome. Best ever I reckon.

GAZ5EVO
26-09-2011, 05:28
look at my sig lol think someone has giddy eyed over baz lol

was a awesome day, nice to talk to people that ive only spoke to on here

rich ill let you know about the cat driver training could be fun.

Uzibat
26-09-2011, 13:20
I thought all of the newcomers did very well, and I was especially impressed by Uzibat's driving on her first ever sprint lap.

Cheers Corky. Managed to shave more than 7 seconds off that first lap during the day as well so pretty happy with that. I still have no idea how to launch the damn thing though ! :)

Gaz> PMSL. You idiots... :mhihi:

GUM EVO
26-09-2011, 13:23
Cheers Corky. Managed to shave more than 7 seconds off that first lap during the day as well so pretty happy with that. I still have no idea how to launch the damn thing though ! :)

Try get a local tuner to put launch control on for you and it will help you loads:thumbup: I saw one launch near the end of the day which wasn't to bad... the cars a real minter by the way.

corky_79
26-09-2011, 13:30

It takes some getting used to as most people have never done a full bore launch unless they have done sprinting as you don't need to on the road.

Although, Kenny, the guy with the starlet, his mate and I were in my car looking for a pub to get some food and I got a bit stressed and did a random launch at a set of lights, on a slight bend and then nearly went the wrong way up a dual carriageway 400 yards later:crackup:

I didn't actually mean to launch it, which was the random part :mhihi:

GAZ5EVO
26-09-2011, 13:44
trying to think how i did my launch once or twice, think i find the biting point then blip the throttle as i go on the throttle again i bring the clutch pedal up and slam the throttle down. good fun when you do it thou lol waiting for a friend of mine to upload her vids of people launching, want to see how sideways mine went.

Uzibat
26-09-2011, 14:12
Yeah, I've never needed to launch it before as I've only ever done trackdays in it so it's not been an issue. Launch control would be interesting. Although I think I'd best have the money for a twin-plate ready if I get that! :)

the cars a real minter by the way.

Thanks :) Will hopefully get to speak to you at Teeside, presuming I make it up (really want to come along now!). Maybe I can even pinch a cheeky pax lap. :)

GUM EVO
26-09-2011, 14:29
Yeah, I've never needed to launch it before as I've only ever done trackdays in it so it's not been an issue. Launch control would be interesting. Although I think I'd best have the money for a twin-plate ready if I get that! :)

Thanks :) Will hopefully get to speak to you at Teeside, presuming I make it up (really want to come along now!). Maybe I can even pinch a cheeky pax lap. :)

Yeah no problem... Your right about needing a twin plate... Killed my stock clutch first day with launch control lol.

chaz83
26-09-2011, 14:35
Launch control is a waste of time. Every track could be different. Alan (bloodspeed) was getting frustrated as his launch control was a touch low and he bogged slightly. As a rule tho, providing it's dry, 5-5.5k on the revs and side step the clutch. Works for me ;) And again, wrong on a twin plate. I run an exedy single plate and didn't suffer any problems. Northy is too and he is anything but sympathetic ;)

My next clutch will be an ACT single I think ;)

GUM EVO
26-09-2011, 14:41
The way I was launching at snett was on the handbrake cause obviously we can't use launch... Having the 5speed in I think I needed to rev much higher than when I had a 6speed. My launches were terrible at snett but think that's because I got so use to LC and forgot how to get it just right without.

Tom's
26-09-2011, 14:44
I did 1 almost full bore launch for my last run. I'm just always paranoid my diff is guna go bang.

I love the way it makes me feel a bit dizzy lol. My mate hates me as his civic type r is boring now!

chaz83
26-09-2011, 14:47
Gum, deffo more revs needed with a 5 speed due to the ratio mate

GUM EVO
26-09-2011, 14:50
Gum, deffo more revs needed with a 5 speed due to the ratio mate

Will practice a bit before the next one lol! Good drive at snett by the way!

chaz83
26-09-2011, 14:58
Likewise. Thought I had it mate to tell you the truth. On my last run I just kept foot in until I spun on the right gander to see what the limits were.....needless to say I found them lmfao

Look forward to locking horns at teeside again

corky_79
26-09-2011, 15:02
I found it difficult to launch at snett as well, seemed to bog a bit and then off like a scalded cat :mhihi:

My last launch was probably 6k-7k and I nearly cut the corner as it caught me out :crackup:

GUM EVO
26-09-2011, 15:15
Likewise. Thought I had it mate to tell you the truth. On my last run I just kept foot in until I spun on the right gander to see what the limits were.....needless to say I found them lmfao

Look forward to locking horns at teeside again

I thought you had it too... If I had'nt gone out with Jamie you would have to be honest. It just showed me I was driving very nervously and that's due to the crash at CC. But one things for sure and that's teeside should be interesting especially with Jamie coming along with more power:naughty:

Uzibat
26-09-2011, 15:17
As a rule tho, providing it's dry, 5-5.5k on the revs and side step the clutch. Works for me ;)

Interesting - I was giving it much less revs - around 4k, probably a little over (not least because I was scared of it breaking!) with the theory that this would be roughly where the peak torque is. But I'm guessing the revs dip as the clutch comes up, so probably dropping me well below that. Or am I just randomly spouting nonsense now (entirely possible)? :)

Regardless, I think I'd need to grow much bigger balls (or indeed, balls at all if you're being pedantic ;)) to sidestep the clutch at 5-5.5k, especially on what I believe is a standard clutch. Sounds like fun though!

chaz83
26-09-2011, 15:26
At worst it will slip Hun. Think of the clutch as the fuse of the transmission. If everything is in good working order, it's the clutch that 'should' break first. I'll be on the same clutch at teeside :)

Gum, should be interesting with Jamie having more power for sure. He was still at about 360-370 at snett mate. But he can pedal that's for sure