PDA

View Full Version : Running order for the Pace Ward / MLRSS @ Oulton Park

mechell
11-08-2011, 11:34
:)

John@EvoBreakers
11-08-2011, 11:35
me and peeler stealer together :)

I like being next to liddy he brings lots of tools :)

peeler
11-08-2011, 11:57
Please can I be moved, my ears won't be able to handle it.

spud26
11-08-2011, 12:06
can't wait now :-)

corky_79
11-08-2011, 12:33
Please can I be moved, my ears won't be able to handle it.

At least you know what you have to do to beat him on the final run :smthumbup

His car is very light.

Light doesn't = fast here.

This is your chance to beat the shandy drinking fairy pal :mhihi:

Stallion
11-08-2011, 16:12
What time does it start & finish guys

thetyrant
11-08-2011, 16:22
TVR should be good to watch, it was at Ingliston :D , that guy aint shy of the loud pedal :D

Looking forward to spinning of randomly and hope Markmec misses me on his way past :mhihi:

Ian

thetyrant
11-08-2011, 16:23
What time does it start & finish guys

According to the info pack......

08:45 Driver Briefing
09:15 Sighting lap compulsory for all drivers
09:30 Practice Runs Start
12:00 Lunch
13:00 Competitive Runs start
16:30 Event closes and trophies awarded
(Timings are approximate)

Stallion
11-08-2011, 16:26
Cheer bud :thumbup:

whitti_uk
11-08-2011, 17:28
Woohoo... Number 22 in order, in happy with that to watch first :) the anticipation will be crazy though :D

thetyrant
11-08-2011, 17:29
Woohoo... Number 22 in order, in happy with that to watch first :) the anticipation will be crazy though :D

You will have a blast fella :D....just take it easy to begin with and learn the track and grip levels (or lack of it) :)

Cheers
Ian

super rover
11-08-2011, 17:35
if i could finish in a similar postion to my start postion id P1$$ my pants ,paul in front john behind

just swoppin the bonnet ,the wifes said im taking it to seriously screwing the carbon one on ,and loading the van

daft as it seems im more nervous for this than i am of ANY rally ive done in years

BradGT
11-08-2011, 17:38
Great, first on track and only just got the thing repaired:lol:

kenny1
11-08-2011, 17:41
I can't wait for my passenger rides. I will be pestering the lot of you! :lol:

Dicky
11-08-2011, 17:43
cant wait for this:smthumbup

Dicky
11-08-2011, 17:43

jump in Kenny :smthumbup

kenny1
11-08-2011, 17:47
jump in Kenny :smthumbup

Thanks mate.:D

neverneverman
11-08-2011, 17:56
All loaded ready to ,well it still on the trailer from Harewood and TOTB..

super rover
11-08-2011, 17:56

i wanting a ride in with you to see where i could be ,and you can jump in mine if you want to remind you where you came from :smthumbup:crackup:

kenny1
11-08-2011, 18:01
i wanting a ride in with you to see where i could be ,and you can jump in mine if you want to remind you where you came from :smthumbup:crackup:

I'm just coming to watch now mate.:blah:

super rover
11-08-2011, 18:33
if i can get just 2 thing out of the day ,1 ,a good laugh and 2 ,having the combined MLR brains to see if they can find my lack of boost

4G63EvO
11-08-2011, 18:43
All the best guys.

Jon.

Si B @ HEL
11-08-2011, 18:50

As this man said, I can see more than a few names I'd love to jump in with.

Starting with the very kind KenX who's taking me up to the event to spectate.

I'll bring my HD camcorder, so if anyone wants some in car vids let me know and we'll set the thing up in your car :smthumbup

Anyone else able to offer passenger rides in exchange for teas / coffees or whatever....?

John@EvoBreakers
11-08-2011, 18:53
As this man said, I can see more than a few names I'd love to jump in with.

Starting with the very kind KenX who's taking me up to the event to spectate.

I'll bring my HD camcorder, so if anyone wants some in car vids let me know and we'll set the thing up in your car :smthumbup

Anyone else able to offer passenger rides in exchange for teas / coffees or whatever....?

some passanger rides available in mine for some footage :)

Si B @ HEL
11-08-2011, 18:56
some passanger rides available in mine for some footage :)

Now that I'll deffo be up for, be good to go in something properly nippy, hope your ACD mapping is up to Glass surfaces / frozen lake conditions as Paul has described it :smthumbup

It's not a hi tec set up by any means, but it works and is stable - tripod, an a load of giant zipties :lol: Looks Heath Robinson, but hasn't let me down yet :D

I'm also available for any spannering assistance anyone needs - simple jobs only though, I'm not a fan of engine swaps, hence my latest one taking 6 months so far :crackup:

Wheel changes etc, or brake bleeding etc, I'm your man :mhihi:

John@EvoBreakers
11-08-2011, 19:03
Now that I'll deffo be up for, be good to go in something properly nippy, hope your ACD mapping is up to Glass surfaces / frozen lake conditions as Paul has described it :smthumbup

It's not a hi tec set up by any means, but it works and is stable - tripod, an a load of giant zipties :lol: Looks Heath Robinson, but hasn't let me down yet :D

I'm also available for any spannering assistance anyone needs - simple jobs only though, I'm not a fan of engine swaps, hence my latest one taking 6 months so far :crackup:

Wheel changes etc, or brake bleeding etc, I'm your man :mhihi:

make sure you come and introduce yourself mate :)

peeler
11-08-2011, 19:11

John is the gay looking one :smthumbup

Si B @ HEL
11-08-2011, 19:19
John is the gay looking one :smthumbup

That's fine as long as it's just how he looks :lol: Don't want any mid bend touchy feely please John :lol::lol:

How about you Steve, are you bringing the 3, and does that have a passenger seat I might be able to jump in ;) I'd accept a ride in the 5RS or even the Q7 as long as you plan to throw one of them about a bit?

peeler
11-08-2011, 19:22
Ill be in the 5 mate, youre welcome to jump in :smthumbup

I will be in the bay next door but one to the :gay: 1 :)

Si B @ HEL
11-08-2011, 19:34

Merci buckets, and will do :smthumbup

Ill be in the 5 mate, youre welcome to jump in :smthumbup

I will be in the bay next door but one to the :gay: 1 :)

Thank you muchly, I'll look forward to that :smthumbup

Should be easy enough to find then, I'll look for the John's car and his race support team - both pictured here right?

http://www.carolinescars.co.uk/admin/uploads/1305204117_DSCF2158.JPG

And the man himself:

http://awesomeracesuit.com/Suit%20Colors/solaris%20pink2.png

peeler
11-08-2011, 19:59
:crackup::crackup:

phil-sparky
11-08-2011, 20:09
i'm hoping to come down to spectate too, will be good to meet a few of you that i havent already and from the videos ive watched it looks a good laugh:lol:

markmec
11-08-2011, 20:20
I will try!! :eek:

:lol:

:smthumbup

TVR should be good to watch, it was at Ingliston :D , that guy aint shy of the loud pedal :D

Looking forward to spinning of randomly and hope Markmec misses me on his way past :mhihi:

Ian

whitti_uk
11-08-2011, 20:30
My seat is free for most laps... Could do with afew tips :) I have just seen that suction mounted camera pods aren't allowed, so that's my makeshift in-car camera setup screwed lol... So your welcome in mine too if you want to Vid a lap for me :D ... I will probably be the slowest and facing the wrong way the most lol.

I see alot of you guys have tools, trailers, mechanical expertise etc... I am clueless lol, just rolling up in car and hope the car goes ok. If anyone would like to help checking y car over at any point it will be appreciated.

super rover
11-08-2011, 20:38
whitti uk

just ask bud ,ive allsorts in my van ,and more than willing to share if needed

whitti_uk
11-08-2011, 21:11
whitti uk

just ask bud ,ive allsorts in my van ,and more than willing to share if needed

Appreciate that mate :smthumbup

junglismassive
11-08-2011, 22:00
Can you add me to the list please I've just payed and got my confirmation ;)
Now am just trying to decide which car to bring S204 or spec c R205. :confused:

Is there any chance of me hitting anything?

peeler
11-08-2011, 22:05
Can you add me to the list please I've just payed and got my confirmation ;)
Now am just trying to decide which car to bring S204 or spec c R205. :confused:

Is there any chance of me hitting anything?

Depends if you can drive or not :lol: plenty to hit

What's a s204?? And r205 ? Some form of scooby :confused:

junglismassive
11-08-2011, 22:33
Depends if you can drive or not :lol: plenty to hit

What's a s204?? And r205 ? Some form of scooby :confused:

S204 blue printed 2.0l STI engine carbon fibre recaro bucket seats full STI suspension overhaul including strut braces dampers springs wish bones rose joints rollerbearing twinscroll turbo forged aluminum wheels etc comes with all the trimmings special edition Jap model only, 400 were made Theres about two in the UK.

http://www.rsportscars.com/subaru/2006-subaru-impreza-s204/

Spec c R205

Quickest production Impreza to date Blue printed 2.0l STI engine Full STI suspension overhaul 6 pot brembos @ the front 4 pot @ the rear full STI suspension overhaul again forged aluminum alloys etc only one in the UK ;)

http://www.supercars.net/cars/3785.html

peeler
12-08-2011, 06:01
Nice,Sounds like they both should be up to the job.

Si B @ HEL
12-08-2011, 06:18
My seat is free for most laps... Could do with afew tips :) I have just seen that suction mounted camera pods aren't allowed, so that's my makeshift in-car camera setup screwed lol... So your welcome in mine too if you want to Vid a lap for me :D ... I will probably be the slowest and facing the wrong way the most lol.

Sounds good to me, I'll come out for a lap with the camcorder :lol:

PFC
12-08-2011, 07:45
I see alot of you guys have tools, trailers, mechanical expertise etc... I am clueless lol, just rolling up in car and hope the car goes ok. If anyone would like to help checking y car over at any point it will be appreciated.

Just rolling up is fine. Don't need anything else. Set of class legal tyres on board, a few tools to swap them and a lid to cover up yer noggin. Check yer oil, water and tyre presurres and off ya go.

If yer car can't manage 16 or so runs then it would last long on the road anyway:)

PFC

whitti_uk
12-08-2011, 08:01
Cool... I will b using the tyres already on car as I haven't got a spare set yet but understand the little traction and only 16 runs won't be too brutal on the life of them.

I have my wheels set at a torque setting of 105nm... Is that about right? And what tyre pressure is best? Thanks guys

3600magic
12-08-2011, 08:12
Has the email info been sent out yet?:smthumbup

thetyrant
12-08-2011, 08:15

Yes it went out monday, well thats when i received mine.

Shell and Darin will be travelling today i would think but if you drop them a quick pm with your email you might get them before they leave.

Cheers
Ian

mechell
12-08-2011, 08:15

Yep - just sent again to you :) (bt address??)

3600magic
12-08-2011, 08:17
Email just recieved. Thanks Shell.:smthumbup

mechell
12-08-2011, 08:21
Yes it went out monday, well thats when i received mine.

Shell and Darin will be travelling today i would think but if you drop them a quick pm with your email you might get them before they leave.

Cheers
Ian

:smthumbup Leaving in a bit :D

thetyrant
12-08-2011, 08:22
:smthumbup Leaving in a bit :D

Crikey your up already! :mhihi: ....have a good trip (sleep) ah thats why your up early as you get to sleep on the way :mhihi:

Ian

corky_79
12-08-2011, 08:43
Cool... I will b using the tyres already on car as I haven't got a spare set yet but understand the little traction and only 16 runs won't be too brutal on the life of them.

I have my wheels set at a torque setting of 105nm... Is that about right? And what tyre pressure is best? Thanks guys

Not sure on the torque setting, but the tyre pressure is something you fathom during practice.

Trial and error will find the best pressure for your car/tyres.

I'll give you a hand with it on the day if you like.

markmec
12-08-2011, 08:55
120nm I torque my nuts too! :D

corky_79
12-08-2011, 09:06

Kinky sod

whitti_uk
12-08-2011, 09:50
Not sure on the torque setting, but the tyre pressure is something you fathom during practice.

Appreciate that mate, what pressure shall I start off with as a good starting point? Gonna go to Tescos and do them lol

Isn't 110 max? I'll go with 120 if that's what you do :)

corky_79
12-08-2011, 09:54
Appreciate that mate, what pressure shall I start off with as a good starting point? Gonna go to Tescos and do them lol

Isn't 110 max? I'll go with 120 if that's what you do :)

Don't set them now :mhihi:

Do it when you get there.

Or are you taking the car on a trailor?

YHPM

whitti_uk
12-08-2011, 12:00
Don't set them now :mhihi:

Do it when you get there.

Or are you taking the car on a trailor?

YHPM

I'm driving it there :) thanks mate

corky_79
12-08-2011, 12:02
I'm driving it there :) thanks mate

Dropping the pressures and then driving it on the road is a bad idea mate.

Takes 5 minutes.

I have a decent guauge and electric pump that you can borrow :smthumbup

corky_79
12-08-2011, 12:57
Just noticed that there is a tomcat on the list.

Isn't that one of those mad Bowler type off road 4 x 4 things?

If so, perhaps a good idea to tell him you can't go off road accross the grass :crackup:

spud26
12-08-2011, 13:23
It should sound good though, always nice to here a v8.

thetyrant
12-08-2011, 13:40

If so, perhaps a good idea to tell him you can't go off road accross the grass :crackup:

Thats what they were at Ingliston :) despite me speculating they were going to be rover 220 tomcats beforehand :mhihi:

Ian

Baz25
12-08-2011, 16:25

I'm just glad i'm before him as at Ingleston there was sh** and sod's all over the track after they had gone through!!!

kenny1
12-08-2011, 17:04
By the way what tyres is everyone using? Full wets seem to be best but I hear gravel tyres are the ones to have.

S.t.u
12-08-2011, 17:26
Iam useing these http://tyresnowchains.co.uk/images/tyre-chains.jpg

Banni_evo
12-08-2011, 18:02
Coming down for a watch Tomoz, look forward to seeing some decent laps :smthumbup

junglismassive
12-08-2011, 18:11
Cant wait for tomz should be a good laugh never done a sprint before.

corky_79
12-08-2011, 18:13
Cant wait for tomz should be a good laugh never done a sprint before.

This isn't like any other sprint :D

And it certainly will be a laugh, I just hope it is dry.

Not bothered about the track being wet, just annoying if it is raining.

kenny1
12-08-2011, 18:25
Forecast looks good.

It's been a long time since I had a passenger ride with you Corky. I can't wait.:)

Hosey^
12-08-2011, 18:36
You will have competition for slowest lap of the day mate... ;-)

I'm running the same. Turning up in my road car, road tyres, and just having some fun. Never been on a track in my own car so bit nervous (never had a problem when it was a rented car ;-) )

I'm at the ramada in Crewe now and having a beer to steady my nerves :-)

I will probably be the slowest and facing the wrong way the most lol.

junglismassive
12-08-2011, 18:52
This isn't like any other sprint :D

And it certainly will be a laugh, I just hope it is dry.

Not bothered about the track being wet, just annoying if it is raining.

Yeh I know how you feel, I hope it's not raining as I was planning on breaking some records :D

whitti_uk
12-08-2011, 19:52

I'm running the same. Turning up in my road car, road tyres, and just having some fun. Never been on a track in my own car so bit nervous (never had a problem when it was a rented car ;-) )

Just pm'd you mate. Glad there are afew of us newbies... It is all quite daunting but the help from the guys has made it feel alot more relaxed and can't wait now, more excitement than nerves. Let's hope we don't slow people down behind us lol. Catch you tomorrow buddy

KenX
12-08-2011, 19:55

:eek::eek::eek:

peeler
12-08-2011, 19:58
Just pm'd you mate. Glad there are afew of us newbies... It is all quite daunting but the help from the guys has made it feel alot more relaxed and can't wait now, more excitement than nerves. Let's hope we don't slow people down behind us lol. Catch you tomorrow buddy

Everyone is there to help out mate, it's a great atmosphere any problems just ask.

pastymaster
12-08-2011, 19:58

You're the first person I've ever known stay there. Is that the one next to McDonalds?

I'm sure you'll enjoy it tomorrow :)

Hosey^
12-08-2011, 20:01
. Let's hope we don't slow people down behind us lol.

Haha. Is there some sort of forfeit if you get overtaken... Noone wants us walking round the paddock in mankinis/with **** out/in drag.... Trust me!!! :D

Hosey^
12-08-2011, 20:05
You're the first person I've ever known stay there. Is that the one next to McDonalds?

I'm sure you'll enjoy it tomorrow :)

Haven't seen a mcdonalds. :/
Looks like its pretty new and it's not far from the train station.
It's currently full of the blue-rinse-brigade tho, thought we had come to the wrong place at first... Wasn't here to play bingo...!

Should be a good crack tomorrow!!

pastymaster
12-08-2011, 20:17
Haven't seen a mcdonalds. :/
Looks like its pretty new and it's not far from the train station.
It's currently full of the blue-rinse-brigade tho, thought we had come to the wrong place at first... Wasn't here to play bingo...!

Should be a good crack tomorrow!!

How did you miss the McDonalds? It shares the same car park ;) :) I think there is a car rental place next to it too.

It is relatively new though, I can remember them building it a few years back.

Apparently the curry is nice there, although I've never been myself. It might not be wise though if you're suffering with the nerves as it is :crackup:

corky_79
12-08-2011, 20:18
:eek::eek::eek:

Those coilovers and sticky tyres should give you a fair old advantage.

So my aim is to try and get close to your time :smthumbup

KenX
12-08-2011, 20:33
Running my road wheels to save wear on the Ad08's for a couple of track days coming up..... Puts me in class C tho (265's) We can still compare times tho, shame we're adjacent in the running order, was looking forward to a ride in the Waltzer:lol::lol::lol:

PFC
12-08-2011, 20:40
Just loaded the car up, there looks to be too much room left:confused:

Just wondering what I've forgotten:o

I know I haven't put me sarnie box in the car yet but I'm pretty sure it doesn't take up that much room:D

PFC

neverneverman
12-08-2011, 20:44
Where is every one ? I'm here ready to go...

And it's raining ..

milk
12-08-2011, 20:47
just noticed my names on the list, wont be making this as cars in bits.:blah:
did pm mechell a while ago to let you know.

corky_79
12-08-2011, 20:53
Running my road wheels to save wear on the Ad08's for a couple of track days coming up..... Puts me in class C tho (265's) We can still compare times tho, shame we're adjacent in the running order, was looking forward to a ride in the Waltzer:lol::lol::lol:

Miss one of your practice runs then, you get 8 which is more than enough :smthumbup

You may win Class C, you only have Baz and Brad to beat :crackup:

Si B @ HEL
12-08-2011, 20:59
Anyone got a tripod they can bring with them for me to borrow? Lent mine out and not got it back, so will be hard filming the in car stuff without it (not sure if you can carry a handheld camera, and the footage would be pants! :lol:)

So, anyone with a tripod they can bring?

corky_79
12-08-2011, 21:06
They are really fussy about filming.

I think Cameras have to be mounted properly and not using suction cups or on windscreens.

KenX
12-08-2011, 21:27
Sorted Si, see you at 5am :)

S.t.u
12-08-2011, 21:37
Where is every one ? I'm here ready to go...

And it's raining ..

Bacon butty at 7.30 please Paul:smthumbup

Si B @ HEL
12-08-2011, 21:42
Sorted Si, see you at 5am :)

Result, excellent :smthumbup

I've also stolen the battery off my 6 to go in the Focus I'm using tomorrow, so flat battery dramas should be sorted :lol:

See you nice and early :D

neverneverman
12-08-2011, 21:42
Stopped raining now. See you in The morning.

junglismassive
12-08-2011, 22:05
See you guys in the morning ;)

Hosey^
12-08-2011, 22:09

How did you miss the McDonalds? It shares the same car park ;) :) I think there is a car rental place next to it too.

It is relatively new though, I can remember them building it a few years back.

Apparently the curry is nice there, although I've never been myself. It might not be wise though if you're suffering with the nerves as it is :crackup:

Haha I was focused on finding the bar so may have missed the surrounding landmarks...
Besides with 2 women in the car it was hard enough getting here without throwing myself from the moving vehicle anyway, I was just glad to arrive in one piece ;)

Definately no curry for me..!!!! Fryup in the morning to sort the day out...! ;)

Hosey^
12-08-2011, 22:13
Stopped raining now. See you in The morning.

Are you running the evo I watched you run at Prescott??

See you all at 8am :)

whitti_uk
12-08-2011, 22:19
Catch you all there guys! Woo hoo can't wait :naughty:

KenX
13-08-2011, 03:53
Setting off now, weather looks ok! See you all later!

BHP
13-08-2011, 04:24
Have a great day guys, and have loads of fun !!

speed junkie
13-08-2011, 04:36
Enjoy the day guys