PDA

View Full Version : * * * MLR Pace Ward Sprint Series 2011 - Round #5 OULTON PARK * * *

Pages : [1] 2

Darin
25-07-2011, 02:38
Round 5: OULTON PARK

After the roaring success of MLRSS Round #4 at Ingliston last Saturday, the Pace Ward MLR Sprint Series moves back down to the North West of England and the full tarmac rally circuit at Oulton Park, infamous for it's less-than-grippy surface but guaranteed to produce the highest possible grin factor . . . if you like 'sideways' you'll love Oulton! :D

The Course:
http://www.lancerregister.com/mlr_images/forum/Oulton Park 09.jpg

Date:

Saturday 13th August 2011

Capacity:

55 cars across 5 classes
Runners List; Drivers, Cars and Classes (http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=372545)

Practice and Competitive Runs:
As always we'll aim to give all drivers a minimum of 10 runs on the day with a possible maximum of 16 available (depending on time etc)
Everyone is welcome and there are four Evo classes and a Guest class for all other drivers

Oulton Park Sprint Timetable:

08:00 - Registration
08:45 - Driver Briefing
09:15 - Sighting lap
09:30 - Practice runs start
09:00 to 12:00 - Scrutineering
12:00 - Lunch
13:00 - First Timed Runs start
16:30 - Event closes and trophies awarded

Tyre Support:

Steve Harkness Tyres will be attending the Oulton Park Sprint, so if you have any tyre queries or orders, please contact Steve direct on 07734 798142

Trophies and Points Table:

Trophies for all class winners and overall FTD will be presented after the final run
The Class and Overall Leaderboards will be updated asap after the event
Additional awards will be presented from Kleers for 3 fastest cars, and Ross Sport for fastest car running a RossSport turbo kit

Bookings:

On a first come first served basis.
Please visit the MLR Shop (http://www.lancerregister.com/store_category.php?id=18) or call us on 08451 25 26 23. Places cost 129 for the day
"50/50" bookings should be registered by calling the MLR number above. Places are subject to availability up to the maximum number of runners (ie: full bookings will take priority) and offered in order of registration.
Please note Cancellation Policy here (http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=135902)

Regs and Additional Info:

To remind yourselves of the Rules, Regs and Classes, just click here (http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=350411)
The noise limit is 105dBA (static)
Passengers can register on the day (front seat only)
All bookings will receive a PDF info pack via email the week before the event
Pace Ward will be on hand to deal with any insurance queries, or call them on 01782 286311 now

Pix from 2009 (cos I like them!) courtesy of Rich Sams; Lee5, AndyF_RSX (waving!) and Gwadd . . . all a little sideways :lol:
http://www.lancerregister.com/mlr_images/forum/OP 2009 - Lee5.jpg
http://www.lancerregister.com/mlr_images/forum/OP 2009 - AdnyF.jpg
http://www.lancerregister.com/mlr_images/forum/OP 2009 - Gwadd.jpg

Baz25
25-07-2011, 06:49
I'm liking the look of that course :naughty::naughty:

Cryptwalk
25-07-2011, 07:56
Great track this, loads of fun as its more about car control. :smthumbup

I'll be there as its quite local, I might even run if I still have my car. :D

I have particular fond memories of this, last run, oulton park, battling with Lee5 when he was a little thinner and used to be able to drive... Of course I beat him on the run, whilst going sideways flipping him the bird as he took this pic... :lol:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/Cryptwalk/V111MR/sprintoulton.jpg

Good times.

spud26
25-07-2011, 08:25
Can't come soon enough!. It's my first sprint so any advice is welcome :-)

Regards Chris

corky_79
25-07-2011, 08:43
Oh I can't wait for this one :D

My favourite sprint every year :naughty:

Tom@AutoTorque
25-07-2011, 09:32
Can't make it. I really wanted to do this one. :(

AndyF_RSX
25-07-2011, 09:50
Were my R888's really that bald last year :eek: They were still on the car until a month or so ago :D

Won't be there in the 3 this year so might only be around as a spectator given what happened last time I took my road car on a MLR sprint...

Andy

corky_79
25-07-2011, 09:51
Were my R888's really that bald last year :eek: They were still on the car until a month or so ago :D

Won't be there in the 3 this year so might only be around as a spectator given what happened last time I took my road car on a MLR sprint...

Andy

:crackup::crackup:

You are welcome to a passenger lap in mine if you are feeling brave/suicidal :mhihi:

InsBro
25-07-2011, 10:00

Andy

PHEW!

lol

super rover
25-07-2011, 17:07
im planning one haveing a crack at this as well ,ive said it more than often enough ive no real excuse to be fair

FQ360 NICK
25-07-2011, 17:44
Just paid :smthumbup

Hope it's as good as silverstone. Are there any facility's available for spectators to use like at silverstone , in case of bad weather.

markmec
25-07-2011, 17:49
Looking forward to this one..

My favourite track on the calender! :D

killin1
25-07-2011, 17:50
Looks a good track,is there anything to hit should one find himself off the black stuff?

markmec
25-07-2011, 17:52
Only a bit of Armco. :mhihi:

At least you wont be going that fast! :lol:

:smthumbup

Looks a good track,is there anything to hit should one find himself off the black stuff?

steven peaple
25-07-2011, 18:22
bring it on:D shell darin can you let us know which hotel you guys are staying at (same as last year as ive not booked a place to stay yet) cheers

KenX
25-07-2011, 20:17
Booked and paid for and looking forward to a passenger ride with Corky!

neverneverman
25-07-2011, 20:36
Can't wait ! This is just a great laugh ....

killin1
25-07-2011, 20:48
Whats a good grp b lap time for this?

corky_79
25-07-2011, 21:12
Whats a good grp b lap time for this?

Varies massively on how slippy the track is on a given day.

When I last did it in 2009 the fastest class 2 car was 1 min dead with the winning time a high 56 second lap.

In 2010, the fastest class B car did it in 1 min 20 with the winning time 1 min 16.

junglismassive
25-07-2011, 22:29
I've never done a sprint before how does it compare to a trackday and if i were to enter what group would I be in. My car only has a decat exhaust and remap.

Immy

Judley
26-07-2011, 05:49
Going to be on holiday for this one but should be ready for Snetterton :naughty:

J@Y
26-07-2011, 07:12
Just paid :smthumbup

Hope it's as good as silverstone. Are there any facility's available for spectators to use like at silverstone , in case of bad weather.

Not really anywhere to hide here no. Just a little hut but you'll be lucky to get in there or see aything from there.

I've never done a sprint before how does it compare to a trackday and if i were to enter what group would I be in. My car only has a decat exhaust and remap.

Immy

You should be in class A as long as your not running more than 1.7 bar, but check the regs to be sure.

It's a good laugh, it's not as much track time as an open pit trackday but the competitive spirit can make it more fun. And you still get a fair bit of track time for your money tbf.

AndyF_RSX
26-07-2011, 07:21
For those of you who are interested in how slippy it is have a look at my video from last year that shows a number of different cars trying to negotiate the first few corners and the hairpin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCKXp-ZDst0

Andy

corky_79
26-07-2011, 11:48
Also, this one books up very quickly, so if you want to enter I would sort it out very soon to avoid disappointment.

By far the most popular sprint in past years.

And to those that have entered, remember to bring both parts of your driving licence as the circuit asked to see them in 2009. (not sure about 2010 as I didn't go).

spud26
26-07-2011, 12:36
Also, this one books up very quickly, so if you want to enter I would sort it out very soon to avoid disappointment.

By far the most popular sprint in past years.

And to those that have entered, remember to bring both parts of your driving licence as the circuit asked to see them in 2009. (not sure about 2010 as I didn't go).

Thank you on the driving licence :smthumbup

killin1
26-07-2011, 15:11
For those of you who are interested in how slippy it is have a look at my video from last year that shows a number of different cars trying to negotiate the first few corners and the hairpin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCKXp-ZDst0

Andy
:eek:

markmec
26-07-2011, 16:17
Some of my vids from Oulton last yr. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV8YL4xs59g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH35OJ_ogo8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrs9tDUpUo0

GUM EVO
26-07-2011, 16:45
Funds are a bit tight for me so I may miss this one aswell... The fact its like a drift circuit and all slippery does not really appeal to me. But I bet its a good way to learn your car and how to control it in tricky conditions.

FQ360 NICK
26-07-2011, 17:25
Has anyone got any in car footage.
Can't see me doing a lap without a spin :lol:

liddy
27-07-2011, 20:50
booked and payed for

thetyrant
27-07-2011, 20:56
Should be there in the mazda for this one :)

Ian

steven peaple
28-07-2011, 17:26
guys ive buggered up there are no rooms left for the premier inn in northwitch near oulton park if any body has a double room booked and need someone to share costs ,il buy you your meal and drinks for the evening:eek:
ps i dont smell snore or bite if any one can help cheers my moblie number 07970 079485 cheers steve

super rover
01-08-2011, 19:10
CRUMBS this is less than 2 weeks away and the banters all but disapeared

is there a list of runners and riders anywhere

thetyrant
01-08-2011, 19:20
Booked it today, going to be a lot of sideways from me i think :D

Cheers
Ian

thetyrant
01-08-2011, 19:25

Runners list here (http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=372545) :)

Ian

mechell
01-08-2011, 19:45
guys ive buggered up there are no rooms left for the premier inn in northwitch near oulton park if any body has a double room booked and need someone to share costs ,il buy you your meal and drinks for the evening:eek:
ps i dont smell snore or bite if any one can help cheers my moblie number 07970 079485 cheers steve

Steve - there are a few Prem Inns in the area, all relatively close, and lots of B&B's too.

corky_79
01-08-2011, 20:19

Rick, all you need to know is that I will be there and therefore the one to beat pmsl.

super rover
01-08-2011, 20:20
Runners list here (http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=372545) :)

Ian

cheers ian

ive just posted a few bits ive had for sale the cash is there im just waiting to see if there happy with them and the deals all done

ive a HUGE list of jobs to do ,flipin eck ive even to finish MAKING my back bumper ,nevermind painting it and fit it

whitti_uk
01-08-2011, 23:21
Is there really Armco to hit? I am excited yet still alittle nervous. Has anyone come off causing big damage on car at this track?

Need to renew my roadside recovery... Which is likely to pick me up off track?

Any tips on day would be sweet :)

thetyrant
02-08-2011, 06:43
Is there really Armco to hit? I am excited yet still alittle nervous. Has anyone come off causing big damage on car at this track?

Need to renew my roadside recovery... Which is likely to pick me up off track?

Any tips on day would be sweet :)

Yes there is Armco and plastic blocks to hit! but just take it easy and get to learn what your car feels like sliding around and dont push to hard and you will be fine :) The surface is like nothing else you will of driven on expect maybe ice!...great fun but pretty low speeds because of this :D

Breakdown wise not many companys will come out if car is damaged or in a ta race track, im with AA that used to recover from circuits but not anymore :(...Pace ward offer one that does though, or just get someone to take you out of circuit before ringing etc if with aa etc.

Cheers
Ian

markmec
02-08-2011, 16:07
Come on people, not long to go for this now which could be considered the best circuit on the calender. :D

Its a good day out, and muchos fun to be had on the ultra slippy surface. :mhihi:

GET BOOKED!! :lol:

super rover
02-08-2011, 16:09
IF ANYONES worryed about breaking down and not getting home DONT im only 45 mins from oulton i will be trailering my car ,if its back in 1 peice ,id be more than able to whip my car home and get back to take someones car home for them all id ask is the fuel which any evo will do less to the gallon than the van any way so you wouldnt lose out

my van is more than capable of pulling any evo its what i own a van for so its not an issue

seriously if you are worryed i will help out ,

steven peaple
02-08-2011, 18:33
cheers shell found a place;) me being a tit

FQ360 NICK
02-08-2011, 18:43
IF ANYONES worryed about breaking down and not getting home DONT im only 45 mins from oulton i will be trailering my car ,if its back in 1 peice ,id be more than able to whip my car home and get back to take someones car home for them all id ask is the fuel which any evo will do less to the gallon than the van any way so you wouldnt lose out

my van is more than capable of pulling any evo its what i own a van for so its not an issue

Thanks for that :smthumbup

Hosey^
03-08-2011, 10:13

:smthumbup nice one fella.

Im booked and paid for... wooo hooo!! :D

corky_79
03-08-2011, 10:14

Excellent Rick :smthumbup

The AA can have a rest that weekend then :crackup:

InsBro
03-08-2011, 10:30

Excellent!!

CPP are only 20 mins away to

whitti_uk
03-08-2011, 10:56

That's great mate, very kind of you to offer that to everyone and certainly helps with peace of mind :)

Got my helmet for my birthday today... Woohoo.

Is there somewhere my missus can watch and spectate? Can helmets be hired so I can take her out? Any other missus's going?

whitti_uk
03-08-2011, 10:58
Could do with calling Pace Ward again for an insurance quote. They called me the other week, then I called back and spoke to someone who was less interested and didn't get back to me :(

AndyF_RSX
03-08-2011, 11:04
That's great mate, very kind of you to offer that to everyone and certainly helps with peace of mind :)

Is there somewhere my missus can watch and spectate? Can helmets be hired so I can take her out? Any other missus's going?

Lots of good spectating parts Whitti... and I might even see if I can persuade my missus to come along as well.

Andy

mechell
03-08-2011, 11:09

I doubt very much we will have any helmets to hire on the day - but Oulton might, best to give them a call to be certain though.

Could do with calling Pace Ward again for an insurance quote. They called me the other week, then I called back and spoke to someone who was less interested and didn't get back to me :(

Give Dan or Jonathan a call - it's not like them to be uninterested, they are usually spot on!

Lots of good spectating parts Whitti... and I might even see if I can persuade my missus to come along as well.

Andy

Cool - yeah tell her she has to come along - been ages!!! :D

corky_79
03-08-2011, 11:10

Yes, there is a small raised standing area that overlooks the track.

And yes my Mrs is going :smthumbup

whitti_uk
03-08-2011, 11:57
Cheers everyone :)

Would a motorcycle helmet do for passenger?

corky_79
03-08-2011, 11:58
Cheers everyone :)

Would a motorcycle helmet do for passenger?

Yep :smthumbup

JonathanW@PaceWard
03-08-2011, 12:52

PM'd :smthumbup

markmec
04-08-2011, 21:54
Anymore people looking for a great day out on the skid pan? :mhihi:

corky_79
05-08-2011, 08:24
This is by far the best sprint on the calendar as you have the most level playing field.

All down to car control. (and tyres)

whitti_uk
05-08-2011, 10:33
I'm gonna get murdered lol... New to the car control bit and I have very worn Falken 452's :D

thetyrant
05-08-2011, 10:38
Come on peeps get booking, dont leave it too late!!!....we need bookings now to ensure this goes ahead!

Cheers
Ian

whitti_uk
05-08-2011, 11:52
Is there a chance of it being cancelled? I'd be so gutted. Got my missus to buy me my helmet for this and everything. Come on peeps... I am as noob as they come lol

mechell
05-08-2011, 11:56
Is there a chance of it being cancelled? I'd be so gutted. Got my missus to buy me my helmet for this and everything. Come on peeps... I am as noob as they come lol

Nope - don't fret, it is still going ahead :D

Baz25
05-08-2011, 12:06
Anymore people looking for a great day out on the skid pan? :mhihi:

I've just paid up so now there WILL be some entertainment value :crackup::crackup:

corky_79
05-08-2011, 12:16
I've just paid up so now there WILL be some entertainment value :crackup::crackup:

You may even manage to overshadow me on there :mhihi:

steven peaple
05-08-2011, 19:32
come on south west peeps get booked up trust me once you have driven this circuit you will be hooked:D

KenX
05-08-2011, 20:21
This is by far the best sprint on the calendar as you have the most level playing field.

All down to car control. (and tyres)

Thats you screwed then:lol::lol:

Or did you buy some tyres............

corky_79
05-08-2011, 20:32
I have matching tyres.

Not very good ones, but they match.

Sideways is the way forward with this one Ken ;)

KenX
05-08-2011, 20:51
Hope they're better than your Lydden tyres, I could hear them squealing even when it was ****ing down:smthumbup

Or was that Ross on his passenger ride....:crackup:

corky_79
05-08-2011, 21:05
Hope they're better than your Lydden tyres, I could hear them squealing even when it was ****ing down:smthumbup

Or was that Ross on his passenger ride....:crackup:

The rears are the same :eek:

Just bought some the same for the front, so probably twice as bad :mhihi:

And yes, could well have been Ross screaming :crackup:

I had more grip the last time I did Oulton than I did at Lydden :o

Lee5
05-08-2011, 22:09
Just seen this thread, great 1st car pic :)

http://www.lancerregister.com/mlr_images/forum/OP%202009%20-%20Lee5.jpg

I love Oulton Park its a great leveller of power, when we 1st did it myself and Cryptwalk where top of the tree in 380 bhp cars.

I might even do a lap in Jeep to see how it goes on the rally stage :lol:

Get it booked, best track by far.

Lee

Hosey^
06-08-2011, 11:24
come on south west peeps get booked up trust me once you have driven this circuit you will be hooked:D

I am booked ;) see you there :D

markmec
06-08-2011, 15:05
I might have pursuaded a newcomer to Oulton.. :mhihi:

Will be a 50/50.

super rover
06-08-2011, 20:39
WO HOO

ive booked HONESTS SERIOUS DEFO

oh P00H what have i let myself in for ,i suppose i better get the car sorted now

BradGT
06-08-2011, 20:44
Will be booking in on monday
Car all repaired and geometry checked today
Should of left it smashed up for this round as can see a few spins going on, ha ha:D

KenX
06-08-2011, 20:51
Fair play mate, car was a bit of a mess last time I saw it!

BradGT
06-08-2011, 20:54
Tell me about it, looking all good again now and ready for some more fun:naughty:

Gary @ APT
06-08-2011, 20:58
gutted im going to miss this one but committed to rally at marham with tony and emma hewitt have fun guys

super rover
06-08-2011, 21:02
if anyones wanting to borrow a helmet to give passenger rides i will more than likly stick a couple of spares in my van

just ask

spud26
07-08-2011, 17:41
Will all the info be coming in the post this week?

FQ360 NICK
07-08-2011, 17:42
Will all the info be coming in the post this week?

Email mate :smthumbup

chaz83
07-08-2011, 18:36
might take a ride up for this after my service. will bring my helmet if someone dont mind giving me a passanger lap or 2 :coolsm:

whitti_uk
07-08-2011, 18:43
Less than a week away... Can't wait! Hope it stays dry, as it will be slippery enough for me :D

chaz83
07-08-2011, 18:55
whitti, if it rains you will get more traction mate

whitti_uk
07-08-2011, 19:20
How's that work? Saw a video of a white Tommi crash into some plastic blocks and ripped rear skirt off... Hope that isn't me on Saturday lmao

chaz83
07-08-2011, 19:25
its like a really dusty surface mate and its that that causes you to slide about. bit of rain absorbs the dust and make the surface slightly cleaner ;)

corky_79
07-08-2011, 19:30
whitti, if it rains you will get more traction mate

:crackup:

Wrong !

If they think it it is too grippy they get the bowser out and wet it.

Go on youtube and watch some of the vids when it is wet.:eek:

Personally, I hope it is wet as it will be **** funny.

corky_79
07-08-2011, 19:33
its like a really dusty surface mate and its that that causes you to slide about. bit of rain absorbs the dust and make the surface slightly cleaner ;)

You're on fire tonight dude.

The surface is a mixture of concrete and glass.

When they polish it with a modified road sweeper with buffers, the glass element of the surface becomes slippy.

The dust is from the concrete and just **** the car up.

chaz83
07-08-2011, 19:36
2 years ago i had better traction when wet....so go figure :confused:

Gary @ APT
07-08-2011, 19:37

maybe the rain had tyre softner in it!!

chaz83
07-08-2011, 19:39
i had already bladdered them in tyre softner now you mention it gaz :D Proper stunk car out on way up, had to drive with the windows downto avoid getting 'high' lmao

mechell
07-08-2011, 19:41

:lol:

Deffo not grippier (is that a word?? :handsup: ) in the wet, as Corky said - they will bowser it if it starts to get to grippy :D

markmec
07-08-2011, 19:44
I thought the bowserisation (:mhihi:) was done if they heard too much tyre squeal?

Deffo not grippier (is that a word?? :handsup: ) in the wet, as Corky said - they will bowser it if it starts to get to grippy :D

corky_79
07-08-2011, 19:47

The grip levels are purely dependant on how much they polish it.

They can't polish it if it is wet.

Maybe they didn't manage to polish it as much when you went that year due to rain running up to the event.

chaz83
07-08-2011, 20:07
could well be corky mate. How about a lap or 2 on sat then? :)

Dicky
07-08-2011, 21:34

Hi Shell,

Can you add me on the list on this one please, cant wait :smthumbup

Thanks

mechell
07-08-2011, 22:11
Hi Shell,

Can you add me on the list on this one please, cant wait :smthumbup

Thanks

Will do Dicky - I'm not working this weekend, but will get to it tomorrow :D

corky_79
07-08-2011, 22:48
could well be corky mate. How about a lap or 2 on sat then? :)

Brave Man.:)

Ok

There are a few people I have promised laps to, so may have to just be one.

I may decide to run with passengers in the afternoon though, after I have done a run or 2 solo.

chaz83
08-08-2011, 09:49
Sound mate, nice one :)

Dicky
08-08-2011, 10:09
Will do Dicky - I'm not working this weekend, but will get to it tomorrow :D

Cheers Shell :smthumbup

Darin
08-08-2011, 14:01
The info pack for Oulton Park sprint has now been emailed along with the indemnity and registration forms, so please let me or Chell know if you haven't received it - along with a confirmation of your email address, and we'll send it out again.

Hopefully we'll see another 20+ entries this week, or we'll have time to introduce Round 5a and have a double header on the day!!

(BTW, yes that was a joke - unfortunately!) :cry: :confused:

Dicky
08-08-2011, 14:03
The info pack for Oulton Park sprint has now been emailed along with the indemnity and registration forms, so please let me or Chell know if you haven't received it - along with a confirmation of your email address, and we'll send it out again.

Hopefully we'll see another 20+ entries this week, or we'll have time to introduce Round 5a and have a double header on the day!!

(BTW, yes that was a joke - unfortunately!) :cry: :confused:

:mhihi:

mechell
08-08-2011, 14:30
I thought the bowserisation (:mhihi:) was done if they heard too much tyre squeal?

Anyway, Chell can you put Oldslider down as a 50/50 in his evo 3? :D

Have done (hope he knows :lol: )

What class?

spud26
08-08-2011, 15:20
Mine through thank you

Regards Chris

corky_79
08-08-2011, 15:23
I have received mine as well and cheers for the insurance reminder :smthumbup

Remember to bring both parts of your driving licence peeps

markmec
08-08-2011, 16:34
He is a messer, take him off the list.. :rotz:

I was working on his car all day saturday, he was keen to do Oulton today he said he cant go. :cry:

He would have been in "Gay" class with Kenny, but its neither here or there now. :blah:

Good news is, My car should be ready so I will be there!! :D

Have done (hope he knows :lol: )

What class?

S.t.u
08-08-2011, 18:54
I would join you but ive only got Bridgestone 0070's and you would just be waiting 10 minutes for me to complete a lap:D

Anyone have a cheap set of tyres that would be suitable prefarably in the northwest/lancs area?

Thanks,

Stu.

corky_79
08-08-2011, 19:04
I would join you but ive only got Bridgestone 0070's and you would just be waiting 10 minutes for me to complete a lap:D

Anyone have a cheap set of tyres that would be suitable prefarably in the northwest/lancs area?

Thanks,

Stu.

They will be fine. I'm on bridgestone as well.

if you don't mind moving up classes, hire some slicks from the tyre support.

super rover
08-08-2011, 19:12
yeah ians right NOTHINGs ideal buy all accounts the surface is like driving on ice

ive got 3 compounds which will be in the van im going to see whats what

S.t.u
08-08-2011, 19:13
They will be fine. I'm on bridgestone as well.

if you don't mind moving up classes, hire some slicks from the tyre support.

Corky,
what do they charge for tyre hire,could be an option:)

Si B @ HEL
08-08-2011, 19:25
Would love to enter this one, the track looks a right laugh to drive round :lol:

I love sliding about the place as well, but not got any working Evos currently :cry:

KenX has very kindly offered to take me to the event as a spectator, but I thought it was Sunday not Sat so may be working :mad:

No way I'm taking my Cossie round the track, I haven't worked out the sideways stuff in that, and it's too clean for abuse!

Might see some of you there
Si

corky_79
08-08-2011, 19:26
I think the slicks are 80-100 including fitting and then putting yours back on.

thetyrant
08-08-2011, 19:31

Thanks,

Stu.

As others have said dont worry about tyres even the very stickiest rubber struggles on this highly polished surface, just come along and have fun learning to control your car on a slipyy surface and improve your times as day goes on :)

Cheers
Ian

S.t.u
08-08-2011, 19:34
Thanks for that Corky,thats going to be the option i think:smthumbup

I will be on the guest list as i will be in a scooby:D

steven peaple
08-08-2011, 19:38
come on si get your ass up there and buy me a coffee:D

FQ360 NICK
08-08-2011, 19:42
Tyre problem solved just don't get in my way :lol:

super rover
08-08-2011, 19:48
just a QUICK one is the paddock on GRASS ,its just i wont jack my car up on the green stuff ive some boards i bung in the van if so

ta ric

steven peaple
08-08-2011, 19:53
yes mate

super rover
08-08-2011, 19:58
yes mate

cheers bud :smthumbup

Si B @ HEL
08-08-2011, 20:58
come on si get your ass up there and buy me a coffee:D

Will get you a greasy burger if you'll take me out for a bit sideways lapping :smthumbup

whitti_uk
08-08-2011, 23:47
Hi Darin / Shell - My dad has just told me he has recieved it... think it went to the 'bailang' email address that is for my club that he opens. My personal one now is lee.whitfield85@gmail.com :) Think my dad is printing it all off for me anyway.

Are you there on Saturday Darin - forgot all about the trophy... but can bring it with me :)

Darin
09-08-2011, 00:05
Are you there on Saturday Darin - forgot all about the trophy... but can bring it with me :)

Hi Lee,

Yep I'm pretty sure I'll be at Outon :D

Look forward to seeing you there . . . and I've updated you email address too! :angel:

Cheers,

Darin

John@EvoBreakers
09-08-2011, 07:57
I will be draging the car out the lockup today to give it the once over for Oulton.

I will be more than happy to give a few passanger rides if people want them.

I can be held responsible for and stains you leave on my seat though......

tyres,, check
Race fuel,, Check
Helmet,, yep peeler is coming
Gloves and boots,, check

Looks like im ready :)

Dicky
09-08-2011, 08:02
I will be draging the car out the lockup today to give it the once over for Oulton.

tyres,, check
Race fuel,, Check
Gloves and boots,, check

Nice one John, see you saturday :smthumbup

peeler
09-08-2011, 08:05

tyres,, check
Race fuel,, Check
Gloves and boots,, check

You must have a great sense of achievement this year JB :smthumbup I would also be so proud of myself if i won a series by running a race car in a road class, how many turbo's this season 4 out of 4 sprints, the future looks good :D

corky_79
09-08-2011, 08:44

tyres,, check
Race fuel,, Check
Gloves and boots,, check

Race Fuel will be a total waste of money at this one.

Your speedo will say you go about 80 mph, but I doubt you will get 50 mph on there.

InsBro
09-08-2011, 08:46
We may need 1 of these for the paddock

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7e/Boxing_ring.jpg

Then again

http://www.moretvicar.com/class/imageresize.class.php?FN=../sysimages/origimages/dty16wht-print_pr2195_2.jpg&W=198&H=200

corky_79
09-08-2011, 08:55
Something tells me John won't go for that :crackup:

S.t.u
09-08-2011, 09:19
Corky,do i have to be a paid up member of the mlr to get on this ?

corky_79
09-08-2011, 09:31
Corky,do i have to be a paid up member of the mlr to get on this ?

As in compete?

If so, if you have an EVO yes.

I think guests can enter if there is any space available without being members in non evo cars, but you are better sending a PM to Mechell or Darin to confirm it.

peeler
09-08-2011, 09:31
:lol::lol::lol: Its all good fun :)

But he does run A car less than 1200kg, close to 500bhp,stripped out to the max, we wont even go into the spec of the racing machine :lol::lol:

John@EvoBreakers
09-08-2011, 10:34
:lol::lol::lol: Its all good fun :)

But he does run A car less than 1200kg, close to 500bhp,stripped out to the max, we wont even go into the spec of the racing machine :lol::lol:

Go on peeler,, the bitterness is oozing from you.

Its not less than 1200kg either its 1225kg as weighed at 30-130. (with me out of the car)

I think you will find i am in the class that my car is specced for. I even put a standard boot floor back in due to popular demand and must say that really has slowed the car down. :rolleyes:

Im on my third turbo, the first one bent the shaft after all the testing we did on it throughout the winter boost spiking at 2.7bar, and last seasons sprinting. This was replaced with a new one but when i buzzed my engine there was some play in the shaft i wasnt happy about so changed it again. So unlike popular belief my car is hardly a turbo eater, i just prefer to edge on the side of caution.

You will be in Time Attack next year with Markmec showing everyone how its done mate im sure, and ill be here plodding along sprinting and hillclimbing, generally enjoying my car and developing it further.

Anyway its not over just yet,, theres plenty to play for with 3 rounds left,, you may get second spot slow boy :crackup:

corky_79
09-08-2011, 10:41

Great banter guys.

But I'm going to show you both how it is done at this one :mhihi:

I may end up doing it going backwards however :crackup:

peeler
09-08-2011, 11:08
Corky can you give me a hand reel this one in, its a big en :lol::lol:

JB no bitterness from me mate :) I'm more than happy with 2nd place in my road car ( thats a real road car for the class ) And really you dont have to explain yourself to me or anyone about the weight, spec or amount of turbo's you've eaten this year :moon:

Darin
09-08-2011, 11:08
I've just had a call from Steve Harkness to let me know they have a slight issue with one of their vans which has just gone pop! Steve's trying to resolve that now with help from Pirelli as is pretty sure he'll be at Oulton, but has asked if I can post up that if anyone wants tyres to please contact him asap so he can send them out to you; 07734 798142

Steve's going to keep me updated, so as soon as I have more info I'll post it here.

corky_79
09-08-2011, 11:13

:

Indeed tis a whopper :crackup:

John@EvoBreakers
09-08-2011, 13:04

JB no bitterness from me mate :) I'm more than happy with 2nd place in my road car ( thats a real road car for the class ) And really you dont have to explain yourself to me or anyone about the weight, spec or amount of turbo's you've eaten this year :moon:

I love it when you call me JB reminds me of jenson button :crackup:

S.t.u
09-08-2011, 13:26
As in compete?

I think guests can enter if there is any space available without being members in non evo cars, but you are better sending a PM to Mechell or Darin to confirm it.

Just as a guest,iam a subaru owner;)

mechell
09-08-2011, 13:47
As in compete?

Can't pm - non member ;)

Just as a guest,iam a subaru owner;)

Hi Stu

Yes - you are more then welcome to inter your Subaru in the guest class - give me a call on 0845 12 52623 if you fancy it :D

S.t.u
09-08-2011, 14:48
Can't pm - non member ;)

Hi Stu

Yes - you are more then welcome to inter your Subaru in the guest class - give me a call on 0845 12 52623 if you fancy it :D

Will do later love,neverneverman put me onto it :smthumbup

stu.

S.t.u
09-08-2011, 16:40
Ok booked on and payed,thanks Mechell:smthumbup

KenX
09-08-2011, 19:34
Looking at the runners list there's only a couple in class C, I may leave my road tyres (265's) on and enter this to make up the numbers...... OK to do this on the day?

GUM EVO
09-08-2011, 19:51
Looking at the runners list there's only a couple in class C, I may leave my road tyres (265's) on and enter this to make up the numbers...... OK to do this on the day?

What puts your car in class c ken? Stripped it?

KenX
09-08-2011, 20:14
Haha, 265 wide tyres I think.... goes off to check regs:naughty:

KenX
09-08-2011, 20:18
Yup, max 245 in class a and b.....
If it wasn't for the mod joker coming and then going I'd still be in class a but got coilovers now....:mad:

All down to ability not the car on this track................ So just doing it for fun now:smthumbup

GUM EVO
09-08-2011, 23:14
Ah I see... Mod joker was a joke so dont worry about that... The coilovers should leave you better off but I'm not so sure how these budget ones perform on track.

KenX
10-08-2011, 05:20
At Oulton they'll make b*&^r all difference! But maybe at a regular track the adjustability will help.... Without doing a side by side comparison I won't know but I've a couple of track days coming up so should see then....

corky_79
10-08-2011, 08:42
At Oulton they'll make b*&^r all difference! But maybe at a regular track the adjustability will help.... Without doing a side by side comparison I won't know but I've a couple of track days coming up so should see then....

The lack of roll should make a massive difference.

In my pics, my car always looks like it is about to roll over :crackup:

I've heard than X's aren't good at Oulton, but I don't know whether I believe it.

Weight seems to help IMO.

John@EvoBreakers
10-08-2011, 08:46
The lack of roll should make a massive difference.

In my pics, my car always looks like it is about to roll over :crackup:

I've heard than X's aren't good at Oulton, but I don't know whether I believe it.

Weight seems to help IMO.

Any excuse to eat more it seems :crackup:

corky_79
10-08-2011, 08:47
Any excuse to eat more it seems :crackup:

I wondered how long it would be :crackup:

Trouble is, I am losing weight atm. :confused:

John@EvoBreakers
10-08-2011, 08:53
I wondered how long it would be :crackup:

Trouble is, I am losing weight atm. :confused:

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup: Had a dump this morning have you?

AndyF_RSX
10-08-2011, 09:12

I went over a second faster after adjusting my coilovers at Oulton from looking back at some of the practice videos I'd taken.

As for the weight arguement between John and Corky then surely you're both so full of **** that you'll both be fine :p

Andy

corky_79
10-08-2011, 09:19
I went over a second faster after adjusting my coilovers at Oulton from looking back at some of the practice videos I'd taken.

As for the weight arguement between John and Corky then surely you're both so full of **** that you'll both be fine :p

Andy

So after you took the second off, that meant you were only 4 seconds behind me in my cut and shut Bodge mobile then Dr Fox :crackup:

AndyF_RSX
10-08-2011, 10:15
4 seconds.... where did you get that figure from? Oh sorry, I forgot about my 2nd point about you being full of ****... That's where you got it from :p

corky_79
10-08-2011, 10:25
I'm sorry Andy, my bad.

It was 2.37 seconds after you gained your second ;)

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=253681&highlight=MLRSS+leaderboards

9th place was quite respectable for me tbf.

The banter that day was great with you and Lee, mocking me and telling Hatty how you were both going to beat me.

You were both doing very well whilst I had it on low boost (1.2 bar or something) :crackup:

In fact, I hadn't realised that I had finished the last 3 sprints (9th, 10th and 12th)

Wish I had kept Bodge now :cry:

peeler
10-08-2011, 10:42

Andy

:lol::lol::lol:

AndyF_RSX
10-08-2011, 10:55
:lol::lol::lol:

As for John... last year I beat him in my Honda Accord :eek: :eek:

corky_79
10-08-2011, 10:57

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

You did better in that than the you did in the Proton though. I,m just glad the M3 never made it there :mhihi:

AndyF_RSX
10-08-2011, 11:04
:crackup::crackup::crackup:

You did better in that than the you did in the Proton though. I,m just glad the M3 never made it there :mhihi:

I'm tempted to take Su's 330 cabrio round there this year with the hood down and the wind blowing in my hair... Not sure she'll agree to it though :D

corky_79
10-08-2011, 11:13
I'm tempted to take Su's 330 cabrio round there this year with the hood down and the wind blowing in my hair... Not sure she'll agree to it though :D

You'll probably roll it and end up 5ft 9" with a very hunched back :crackup:

peeler
10-08-2011, 11:19

Everyone beat John last year at every round, ( then this year he cheated ) because he couldn't win fairly :lol::lol:

corky_79
10-08-2011, 11:26
Everyone beat John last year at every round, ( then this year he cheated ) because he couldn't win fairly :lol::lol:

whitti_uk
10-08-2011, 12:00
Any tips on handling the car round this track? Line to take when you expect backend to pop out or anything really? Just to run through in my head. I know afew of you guys will be taking me out which is cool and ate jumping in to help... Just wondered if there is any advice to take in now with braking, steering etc.

Looking forward to it :D

super rover
10-08-2011, 12:08
Any tips on handling the car round this track? Line to take when you expect backend to pop out or anything really? Just to run through in my head. I know afew of you guys will be taking me out which is cool and ate jumping in to help... Just wondered if there is any advice to take in now with braking, steering etc.

id have said the sighting lap should give you a basic line ,especailly if theres someone whos been there before does the lead car

other than that try and jump in with some one further up the start list for a better look

although you get enough practice runs in the morn ,just use them to get in to it ,i know i will ,rally face wont come out the bag untill after lunch

neverneverman
10-08-2011, 12:09
At the start just think your going to drive on a frozen lake .There are no real lines just the small strip of tarmac.. And if it rain it will be a wet frozen lake..

AndyF_RSX
10-08-2011, 12:12
Any tips on handling the car round this track?Yeah, we'll do a double drive in your car and I can show you how to slide and spin and you can then learn how not to do it :lol:

corky_79
10-08-2011, 12:12

It differs based on how polished/slippy it is on the day.

The track is designed to simulate a gravel rally.

So the apex is more polished and it gets less polished towards the edge of the track.

This basically means that if you cut the apex as you would on any other track, you will slide out towards the outside of the track where you will eventually find grip (this simulates the wheels digging in on a gravel track).

So in practice you just need to experiment whether going wider is quicker than tighter etc.

Once I have had a couple of laps to give me chance to get use to the track, get in with me and I'll try and show you what I mean :smthumbup

AndyF_RSX
10-08-2011, 12:14
Once I have had a couple of laps to give me chance to get use to the track, get in with me and I'll try and show you what I mean :smthumbup
Are you sure you'll still have a driveable car after a couple of laps :p

corky_79
10-08-2011, 12:27
Are you sure you'll still have a driveable car after a couple of laps :p

No :crackup:

But If he gets in the first one or two laps he may not like me very much afterwards :mhihi:

whitti_uk
10-08-2011, 13:31
Lmao. Cheers for that guys, can't wait!

markmec
10-08-2011, 19:05
Cant believe there is only 23 booked for this.. :rotz:

Possibly the most fun you could have in your evo!! :D

Its not too late too book, even turn up on the day and pay!

junglismassive
10-08-2011, 19:22
Does that mean more sprinting time for the chap who are going....how many spaces are there? think I might just come to this in my impreza and show you how it's done ;)

markmec
10-08-2011, 19:26
I would say so, max runs on the day so upto 16!

Spaces available, at a guess 20+

As for you showing us how its done, your more than welcome but I would leave the impreza at home and bring something more up to the challenge. ;)

Does that mean more sprinting time for the chap who are going....how many spaces are there? think I might just come to this in my impreza and show you how it's done ;)

corky_79
10-08-2011, 19:27
It means we are likely to get 16, which is the max.

It is restricted by the timing gear.

Yeah, bring the Scooby you'll love it and may get some bragging rights.

S.t.u
10-08-2011, 19:58

That will be two of us giving the lessons:mhihi:

markmec
10-08-2011, 20:04
:shake:

Have you seen corky's driving before? :eek:

corky_79
10-08-2011, 20:10
:rofl:

spud26
10-08-2011, 20:24
I've never met you corky but you seem to get some stick about your driving! Is it just jealousy?

Regards Chris

mechell
10-08-2011, 20:26
I've never met you corky but you seem to get some stick about your driving! Is it just jealousy?

Regards Chris

When you meet him, you will know why :lol::lol:

(sorry corkster ;) )

markmec
10-08-2011, 20:26
No its because he is crap!

Regards Chris

corky_79
10-08-2011, 20:29
No its because he is crap!

Yes, what he said :lol:

Although when in the same cars in controlled conditions i seem to recall being quicker ;)

markmec
10-08-2011, 20:31
It was because of your small (womens) feet being able to get to the pedals, I had to borrow some shoes to be able to drive it!! :lol:

Im sure you will beat me at outlon now, just to show me up.. :rotz:

Yes, what he said :lol:

Although when in the same cars in controlled conditions i seem to recall being quicker ;)

super rover
10-08-2011, 20:32
ANY WAY

the weather

what are we expecting

junglismassive
10-08-2011, 20:34

You in an Impreza to? :smthumbup

markmec
10-08-2011, 20:35
From metcheck..

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=CW6 9BW&day=3

Day From Until Temp Feels UV Rain Cloud Dir Speed Gust Weather
Sat 13 Aug 1:00 3:59 14 c 13 c 0 0.2 mm 73 % 8 mph 9 mph
4:00 6:59 14 c 14 c 0 0.4 mm 77 % 7 mph 9 mph
7:00 9:59 17 c 16 c 2 0.7 mm 60 % 10 mph 12 mph
10:00 12:59 17 c 17 c 3 1.4 mm 61 % 9 mph 11 mph
13:00 15:59 18 c 17 c 3 1.1 mm 80 % 8 mph 9 mph
16:00 18:59 18 c 16 c 2 2.1 mm 76 % 6 mph 7 mph
19:00 21:59 16 c 12 c 0 0.3 mm 45 % 5 mph 6 mph
22:00 0:59 10 c 10 c 0 0.3 mm 24 % 3 mph 3 mph

super rover
10-08-2011, 20:39
its RAIN then

peeler
10-08-2011, 20:41
its RAIN then

I got White clouds and dry from BBC weather

junglismassive
10-08-2011, 20:47
Is the circuit sprayed with grease and what sort of speeds do you reach?
I understand they use it as a drift course to

corky_79
10-08-2011, 20:53
It was because of your small (womens) feet being able to get to the pedals, I had to borrow some shoes to be able to drive it!! :lol:

Im sure you will beat me at outlon now, just to show me up.. :rotz:

My feet are size 12 you Spaz lol.

They didn't have shoes big enough for me ;)

I think your car may well handle a touch better.

Put road. tyres on and I will give it a go.

it has glass in the surface and they polish it.

Doubt you will do 50 tbh. Speed said 80 on mine in 2009 when I was doing about 30 lol.

FQ360 NICK
10-08-2011, 20:59
Never having done oulton whats the best way into it, is it sign posted off the A54 or do i need to follow some other signs

super rover
10-08-2011, 21:00

no grease ,as corky says just GLASS beads in the concerte ,

speeds arnt high but when you going SIDEWAYS ,30 mph is fast :crackup:

peeler
10-08-2011, 21:09

This ones not about speed, you will rarely going in a straight line :lol:

All about control, mucho fun

neverneverman
10-08-2011, 21:10
Anyone else staying at oulton?

Shell,, ar ewe using the same paddock area?

mechell
10-08-2011, 21:13
Anyone else staying at oulton?

Shell,, are we using the same paddock area?

You asking me!!??!! :confused: :lol: It was in the information pack Hun ;)

(I don't know, I didn't read it.... shush ;) )

junglismassive
10-08-2011, 21:15
Cheers guys going to book myself in now and get my mate to book in to.

Will pop this up over on Scoobynet see if anyone wants to pop along.

whitti_uk
10-08-2011, 22:10
Just read info pack and it says I should have a towing eye? Do TME's have one standard to tow off?

... Might sound dim lol... And expect more on Saturday :D

S.t.u
10-08-2011, 22:40
You in an Impreza to? :smthumbup

Yes white 2005 spec c :smthumbup

PFC
10-08-2011, 22:52
I'm in. Another class A runner.

PFC

spud26
11-08-2011, 07:42
Just read info pack and it says I should have a towing eye? Do TME's have one standard to tow off?

... Might sound dim lol... And expect more on Saturday :D

It's in the middle under on the front cross member, If you have a bigger intercooler you can't use it. I've had to use a fabric strap that comes out of a hole behind the number plate.

peeler
11-08-2011, 07:59
Just checking my fluids now, for my 6am start tomorrow.

Hey Johnboy have you got the race car ready ?? I'm just sorting my class B road car out, the one I'm driving to Oulton in with the family :mhihi:

spud26
11-08-2011, 08:14

Hey Johnboy have you got the race car ready ?? I'm just sorting my class B road car out, the one I'm driving to Oulton in with the family :mhihi:

whitti_uk
11-08-2011, 08:23
It's in the middle under on the front cross member, If you have a bigger intercooler you can't use it. I've had to use a fabric strap that comes out of a hole behind the number plate.

Cheers Chris :) so I don't have to do anything as long as intercooler is standard?

spud26
11-08-2011, 08:26
nope :-)

corky_79
11-08-2011, 08:35
Yes white 2005 spec c :smthumbup

Nice :coolsm:

whitti_uk
11-08-2011, 09:00
Phew lol :)

John@EvoBreakers
11-08-2011, 09:01

Your never transporting the family in it are you? you have crashed every race so far this season,,, but you seem confident on ice?

good luck in the road going cut and shut :smthumbup

peeler
11-08-2011, 09:18
maybe i should of checked the car before today :blah: front pads needed !!!

I'm not confident at all on this one, for me it was my least favorite but most fun if that makes sense !!!

As for taking the family in my ROAD car of course i will thats what ROAD cars are for inst it ???:lol:

John@EvoBreakers
11-08-2011, 09:23

I'm not confident at all on this one, for me it was my least favorite but most fun if that makes sense !!!

As for taking the family in my ROAD car of course i will thats what ROAD cars are for inst it ???:lol:

So your transporting your family in your road going cut and shut with no brakes,,, brave isnt the word id use. :crackup:

peeler
11-08-2011, 09:29
So your transporting your family in your road going cut and shut with no brakes,,, brave isnt the word id use. :crackup:

Cut n shut wow thats rich coming from you :crackup::crackup:

John@EvoBreakers
11-08-2011, 09:39
Cut n shut wow thats rich coming from you :crackup::crackup:

well explain why your rs weighs 1350kg? its a lamb in wolfs clothes :crackup:

Blood Speed
11-08-2011, 10:10

Nice one,
You pair,:googoo:

You wont need Pads Steve at 20 mph round there.
Have a good one, will see you at Snett...but wouldn't mind coming to Combe if your running the 3.

John@EvoBreakers
11-08-2011, 10:16
good luck peeler stealer

http://www.legendevents.co.uk/00images/MotorMayhem2.jpg

peeler
11-08-2011, 10:43
:crackup: nice 1

Alan yes I'll be at Coombe mate.

S.t.u
11-08-2011, 12:49
Nice :coolsm:

were in northwest,iam in eccleston,chorley.

corky_79
11-08-2011, 12:51

were in northwest,iam in eccleston,chorley.

Near Blackpool :smthumbup

FQ360 NICK
11-08-2011, 14:51
Never having done oulton whats the best way into it, is it sign posted off the A54 or do i need to follow some other signs

Well is it signposted of the A54.

corky_79
11-08-2011, 14:54
Well is it signposted of the A54.

Not sure Nick, I just follow the SAT NAV and she tells me when to stop :mhihi:

Shame I can't programme the sprint course in really :lol:

FQ360 NICK
11-08-2011, 15:01

Never been mate guess i better set off now :lol:

whitti_uk
11-08-2011, 15:01

I thought that the other day lol, all my Aussie woman would be saying is "if possible please do a u-turn", and I would soon fall out of love with her :mhihi:

corky_79
11-08-2011, 15:04
Never been mate guess i better set off now :lol:

Follow the other EVOs :mhihi:

peeler
11-08-2011, 15:15
Lucky i spotted the pads needed changing :eek:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o319/peeler_2006/photo-43.jpg

corky_79
11-08-2011, 15:17
Are they the ones that were in the 5RS?

If so, I think that may have affected the last few events :crackup:

spud26
11-08-2011, 15:26
You certainly got your moneys worth out of them!

peeler
11-08-2011, 15:26
Are they the ones that were in the 5RS?

If so, I think that may have affected the last few events :crackup:

:blush: yes mate just taken out today i only just noticed as i was changing the tyres:wallbang:, no wonder she kept locking up at Scotland :lol::lol: heres the rest !!!

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o319/peeler_2006/photo-44.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o319/peeler_2006/photo-45.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o319/peeler_2006/photo-46.jpg

corky_79
11-08-2011, 15:29
They look like they have come out of a Morris Minor and were the original pads that were fitted.

I think you need to keep an eye on important things like tyres, fuel in cars and brakes. :mhihi:

thetyrant
11-08-2011, 15:32
Crikey youve had the moneys worth ( and a bit more :) ) out of those pads!!!

CHeers
Ian

peeler
11-08-2011, 16:03
They look like they have come out of a Morris Minor and were the original pads that were fitted.

I think you need to keep an eye on important things like tyres, fuel in cars and brakes. :mhihi:

:lol::lol::lol: would you believe hey !!! fuel then this, think i should just hang the gloves up right now !

Lawf
12-08-2011, 08:07
Mechell I don't seem to have my info pack again. :confused: Checked junk and can't see it... could you sent me it again please? jasben34@hotmail.com

Thanks! :smthumbup

mechell
12-08-2011, 08:12
Mechell I don't seem to have my info pack again. :confused: Checked junk and can't see it... could you sent me it again please? jasben34@hotmail.com

Thanks! :smthumbup

I don't have a booking for you :confused:

mechell
12-08-2011, 08:22
Ignore me - spelt your name wrong - sorry, will send again now :)

Lawf
12-08-2011, 08:22
But I'm on the runners list?! :confused:

Not booked under my lads name, J@Y is it?

I don't have a booking for you :confused:

mechell
12-08-2011, 08:27
But I'm on the runners list?! :confused:

Not booked under my lads name, J@Y is it?

Ignore me - spelt your name wrong - sorry, will send again now :)

Sorry - re-sent

Lawf
12-08-2011, 08:29
Sorry - re-sent

Thanks Mechell :D

There still plenty of spaces left to book on arrival in the morning for the younger, better looking one? :rolleyes:

mechell
12-08-2011, 08:32
Thanks Mechell :D

There still plenty of spaces left to book on arrival in the morning for the younger, better looking one? :rolleyes:

Yep - there is still space :lol:

corky_79
12-08-2011, 08:52
I have printed off my forms and I am unsure whether to tick driver or passenger.

I start off driving, but very soon become a passenger :crackup:

John@EvoBreakers
12-08-2011, 08:53
Just finished loading up and will be setting off in about 5 mins,, see you all at the bar tonight :)

corky_79
12-08-2011, 08:56
Just finished loading up and will be setting off in about 5 mins,, see you all at the bar tonight :)

You'd be better calling ahead to make sure they have plenty of lemonade John.

We drink proper beer up here and they won't be used to shandy drinkers :mhihi:

JonathanW@PaceWard
12-08-2011, 09:15
Hello,

Just a reminder for all of our existing clients doing the Sprint tomorrow DONT FORGET to get some COVER!!

Call us no later than 17:30pm tonight on the office number 01782 286311 to get it sorted :smthumbup

Cheers
Jon

corky_79
12-08-2011, 09:24
And also don't forget your mot certificate and both parts of your driving licence.

thetyrant
12-08-2011, 09:47
Did they do noise testing at this venue last year ? cant remember if they did last time i did it in 2009, could do with knowing my new exhaust db level as got a day at super strict croft planned next weekend if noise level is ok.

Cheers
Ian

corky_79
12-08-2011, 09:48
Did they do noise testing at this venue last year ? cant remember if they did last time i did it in 2009, could do with knowing my new exhaust db level as got a day at super strict croft planned next weekend if noise level is ok.

Cheers
Ian

They didn't in 2009, not sure about 2010.

3600magic
12-08-2011, 09:59

Cheers
Ian

They did in 2010. But only the very loud.:smthumbup

corky_79
12-08-2011, 10:02
That rules me out at 82 Db :crackup:

thetyrant
12-08-2011, 10:12
They did in 2010. But only the very loud.:smthumbup

Ok cool thanks, I will find the man with the meter and get him to give me a test to i have a number, dont expect any problems with the 105 limit here but Croft is 88db!!!!!

Ian

Lawf
12-08-2011, 14:36
Ok cool thanks, I will find the man with the meter and get him to give me a test to i have a number, dont expect any problems with the 105 limit here but Croft is 88db!!!!!

Ian

I thought Oulton was 102 now... It was for bikes earlier this week anyway!

thetyrant
12-08-2011, 14:41
I thought Oulton was 102 now... It was for bikes earlier this week anyway!

Says 105 on info pack but of course that could just be a cut and paste, 102 is a good bit less than 105 as well due the scale Db uses!

Cheers
Ian

J@Y
12-08-2011, 15:14
Says 105 on info pack but of course that could just be a cut and paste, 102 is a good bit less than 105 as well due the scale Db uses!

Cheers
Ian

I know, I hope they're around tomorrow with the DB metre. I have a track day later this month and no idea if my exhaust will get through!

corky_79
12-08-2011, 15:16
They will be in the normal area I would imagine, so you may be able to go over to the main paddock and have your cars checked.

S.t.u
12-08-2011, 16:13
That rules me out at 82 Db :crackup:

96 db here:handsup:

KenX
12-08-2011, 20:06
You'd be better calling ahead to make sure they have plenty of lemonade John.

We drink proper beer up here and they won't be used to shandy drinkers :mhihi:

Got me flat cap and ferret:lol:

corky_79
12-08-2011, 20:14
If anyone that is going has a spare set of standard EVO X plugs I would be really grateful and will compensate on the day :smthumbup

DaveG
13-08-2011, 06:32
All the timing will be available live and online at http://www.lancerregister.com/sprint_results.php

Slightly damp and cloudy here at the moment. Hoping it will brighten up