PDA

View Full Version : Get your places booked up for Lydden ASAP or.......

John@EvoBreakers
06-06-2011, 06:55
Guys if you dont get your place booked we run the risk of not having enough people to make this happen,,,

Darin postponed the last sprint and everyone moaned like hell. so heres your oppertunity to not let it happen a second time in a row...

To simply click on this link http://www.lancerregister.com/store_category.php?id=18#/ then click add to cart and enter your details,,, it really is as easy as that...

K
06-06-2011, 07:29
The bigger picture worse than just this one being cancelled!

mechell
06-06-2011, 09:16
Guys if you dont get your place booked we run the risk of not having enough people to make this happen,,,

Darin postponed the last sprint and everyone moaned like hell. so heres your oppertunity to not let it happen a second time in a row...

To simply click on this link http://www.lancerregister.com/store_category.php?id=18#/ then click add to cart and enter your details,,, it really is as easy as that...

:wave:

This sprint will not be cancelled or postponed regardless of the amount of runners. It needs a lot more runners to break even :cry: but we are still running it.

The bigger picture worse than just this one being cancelled!

Unfortunately yes K...... the bigger picture isn't looking great for next year at this rate :(

K
06-06-2011, 09:21
:wave:

This sprint will not be cancelled or postponed regardless of the amount of runners. It needs a lot more runners to break even :cry: but we are still running it.

Unfortunately yes K...... the bigger picture isn't looking great for next year at this rate :(

From an outsider looking in it's a shame, I appriciate the effort that goes into the series and its a shame that it's just gone the way it has but I can see why it's gone the way it has everyone wants to win or atleast have a chance to and the route it has taken only allows a few this is no reflection on the MLR's staff you's do a grand job.

mechell
06-06-2011, 09:26
From an outsider looking in it's a shame, I appriciate the effort that goes into the series and its a shame that it's just gone the way it has but I can see why it's gone the way it has everyone wants to win or atleast have a chance to and the route it has taken only allows a few this is no reflection on the MLR's staff you's do a grand job.

Not sure what is going on at the mo tbh... it seems to be across the board that folk just don't want to do anything, shows etc are all the same - very slow going, even the regional meets are down and they are all free (apart from fuel)

Hopefully people will get their motivation back to get out and 'do' things and meet folk soon :)

4G63EvO
06-06-2011, 09:26
Come on lads, get your self booked.

Jon.

K
06-06-2011, 09:30
Not sure what is going on at the mo tbh... it seems to be across the board that folk just don't want to do anything, shows etc are all the same - very slow going, even the regional meets are down and they are all free (apart from fuel)

Hopefully people will get their motivation back to get out and 'do' things and meet folk soon :)

honestly I can't remember the last meet I went to possibly Rallyday

D2
06-06-2011, 09:43
Would love to but its just waaaaaayyyy too far away!! :)

monkeynuts1
06-06-2011, 09:48
honestly I can't remember the last meet I went to possibly Rallyday

other than rallyday all the shows are the same :yawn:do the tour one year next years are very simular :bored:

but the sprints are completly differant :smthumbupcannot understand the downturn though unless the original hardcore people have just moved on shame really coz the series is one of if not the best in the country :D

Cam&LadyL
06-06-2011, 09:48

+1 :smthumbup P.s sorry missed your call yeaterdat mate, was tucked up in bed asleep....ill:wallbang::cry:

Just dont think people have the money at this moment and time, currant climate and all that. A shame but as Mechell said even the horrendous Fuel costs at the pumps dont help either tbh.

Dusty Floor
06-06-2011, 12:45
other than rallyday all the shows are the same :yawn:do the tour one year next years are very simular :bored:

but the sprints are completly differant :smthumbupcannot understand the downturn though unless the original hardcore people have just moved on shame really coz the series is one of if not the best in the country :D

I agree, up north the local msa events are very low in entries aswell! sign of finances this year and sometimes blaming rules and regs is an easy way out for many! But on a little better note at the local autocross event 30% of entries were 1st timers aged between 16/17yrs so it might mean that some younger people are starting to come up into different types of motorsport!! Heres hopeing!!!

I would be at Lydden but at Doune hill Climb the same weekend sorry

corky_79
06-06-2011, 12:47
I have resorted to PM'ing people now :mhihi:

Get booked up :smthumbup

Does Brinsley still have his car, and also Deenohunt?

They both hale from the South.

mechell
06-06-2011, 12:49
I have resorted to PM'ing people now :mhihi:

Get booked up :smthumbup

Does Brinsley still have his car, and also Deenohunt?

They both hale from the South.

Brin does, but pretty sure Deeno sold his some time ago.

K
06-06-2011, 12:55
Brin does, but pretty sure Deeno sold his some time ago.

not much left in brins car i had a fair bit of it

Blood Speed
06-06-2011, 13:08
The Mlr is a cracking forum with a wide range of Meets,competitions and events...something for everyone.
But for the Sprints in this case to survive along with the other events, folk need to get away from the trend of power means everything.
The Tuners and traders wont like me saying this but if folk spent less on power upgrades, which often becomes more with unreliability..breakages ect, and more on using the car then all these events would be thriving.

There is money being spent, the traders are all very busy, so folk need to find a balance of spending on the car and having enough to left to spend on using it in what ever form.
Better to spend 2k on competing in some sprints, track days ect than 5/10 k on engine then can't afford to run it.
Iv'e said this time and time again on diff Threads but i just get shot down.

The Sprints are a real easy and affordable way of getting a taste of Motorsport competition .
As Mechell says, all these events are in serious trouble if we the members don't turn this around.

corky_79
06-06-2011, 13:11
The Mlr is a cracking forum with a wide range of Meets,competitions and events...something for everyone.
But for the Sprints in this case to survive along with the other events, folk need to get away from the trend of power means everything.
The Tuners and traders wont like me saying this but if folk spent less on power upgrades, which often becomes more with unreliability..breakages ect, and more on using the car then all these events would be thriving.

There is money being spent, the traders are all very busy, so folk need to find a balance of spending on the car and having enough to left to spend on using it in what ever form.
Better to spend 2k on competing in some sprints, track days ect than 5/10 k on engine then can't afford to run it.

The Sprints are a real easy and affordable way of getting a taste of Motorsport competition .
As Michele says, all these events are in serious trouble if we the members don't turn this around.

I pretty much agree with all of that, except it is 'Mechell' ;)

spirit
06-06-2011, 13:18
Got to say I have to agree that it's the whole financial situation people are in that is probably having the biggest effect.

As someone who tries to go to the Ring twice a year, I have noticed that with the Euro rate drop and the increases in fuel costs etc, that trip is probably 50% dearer that it was just 3-4 years ago. This has had a massive effect for me personally on attending other events etc.

Even our local Jap meets (monthly), that used to attract 50-100 cars regularly, are now lucky to attract 10-20 !

No doubt there are many other factors, but money must be the biggest issue. Maybe people are just keeping any spare cash they have "just in case" rather than blowing it on their cars ?

Northy 8
06-06-2011, 13:22
It's just the sign of the times
Simple as
If there is no call for it then like any other business it's goes under
Don't try and threaten folk with this n that
Put people right off
Certain folk ruined it then cry that the series may go
Makes me ****

mechell
06-06-2011, 13:24
It's just the sign of the times
Simple as
If there is no call for it then like any other business it's goes under
Put people right off
Makes me ****

Who's threatening folk Paul :confused:

monkeynuts1
06-06-2011, 13:28
This thread will go the same way as the rest someone trying to drum up a bit of support and the others laying the boot in :shake:

Northy 8
06-06-2011, 13:41
Mechell
Not aimed at the mlr or you
More members

mechell
06-06-2011, 13:49
Mechell
Not aimed at the mlr or you
More members

Ahh cool :D thought I'd written something that was coming across all wrong. :handsup:

killin1
06-06-2011, 13:51
would love to but its just waaaaaayyyy too far away!! :)

+1

Northy 8
06-06-2011, 14:13
I must admit I would of done it but far to many miles if not in the series

corky_79
06-06-2011, 14:14
I must admit I would of done it but far to many miles if not in the series

Do it anyway.

Be a good crack.

It's a lot further for me.

johnd
06-06-2011, 14:18
Put people right off
Makes me ****

+1:smthumbup

and Lydden is just too far away

Lee5
06-06-2011, 14:45
Darin is offering half a day for free, for those that have never it before and it looks like that isnt even work.

Alan (Bloodspeed), looks like you could be right, people are building these cars then cant afford to run and maintain them.

I cant believe its 100% to do with money, I was at Silverstone this weekend and I would say it was pretty busy, also I have show booked this month which I have struggled to fill, only needed 15 cars at 5 for driver and passenger so not exactly expensive, it just seems people dont want to take part in anything anymore :confused:

Lee

monkeynuts1
06-06-2011, 15:30
Darin is offering half a day for free, for those that have never it before and it looks like that isnt even work.

Alan (Bloodspeed), looks like you could be right, people are building these cars then cant afford to run and maintain them.

I cant believe its 100% to do with money, I was at Silverstone this weekend and I would say it was pretty busy, also I have show booked this month which I have struggled to fill, only needed 15 cars at 5 for driver and passenger so not exactly expensive, it just seems people dont want to take part in anything anymore :confused:

Lee

Hi Lee over the weekend I looked back over the last 5 years worth of entries and tried to work out where the person went and other than the odd single entry most of the guys have sold and moved on .

big buck builds have not helped IMHO as said whats the point in having all the whistles and bells with no money to run the thing.

Maybe we are the victim of our own success got too big and imploded we listened to what guys wanted curcuit wise and got better venues but they are further away so you cannot win .

Cars maybe became faster so we went to safer places and do these cost more to run?I would think so.

Is it time to turn out the lights :confused:

K
06-06-2011, 16:45
Hi Lee over the weekend I looked back over the last 5 years worth of entries and tried to work out where the person went and other than the odd single entry most of the guys have sold and moved on .

big buck builds have not helped IMHO as said whats the point in having all the whistles and bells with no money to run the thing.

Maybe we are the victim of our own success got too big and imploded we listened to what guys wanted curcuit wise and got better venues but they are further away so you cannot win .

Cars maybe became faster so we went to safer places and do these cost more to run?I would think so.

Is it time to turn out the lights :confused:

So much sense in that post I could have wrote it myself

FQ360 NICK
06-06-2011, 16:57

Lee

Lee money is playing a big part in people not sprinting, been told this by many members but obviously they are not going to post up they are skint.
I for one had to pay 10k extra last year on derv just to run my Truck.
That's 10k out of my play pot straight away, There are far more important things in life than sprinting cars and i think people have started to realise this.
It's a shame really because the MLRSS is great and i will be doing more later in the year as i need to give Corky a head start :crackup:

Trackman
06-06-2011, 16:59

As Michele says, all these events are in serious trouble if we the members don't turn this around.

Pretty much agree with you Alan,but I think some people are put off the sprints because of the big HP cars and big builds.I know it's all separated by the classes,but maybe some don't see it that way.I don't see it as motorsport I just see it as having fun in the car.Getting my new clutch fitted this week so will book my place soon,looking forward to some fun in the car:D

Rafkoo
06-06-2011, 17:36
I'll give it a go at the 50/50 rate thing..... :smthumbup

PM sent.

KNOXVILLE
06-06-2011, 18:32

This :smthumbup

MotoIntrest
06-06-2011, 18:35
its sooo hard to get people involed. i've found 3 main reasons

1. money, people don't have the cash
2. worried and scared about breaking their car
3. convinced track days give you more time and won't even attend.

I have a lot of evo drivers numbers and have been ringing, PM'ing and texting people to the point of being a pest as i'm sure Rafkoo will confirm ;) (my only sucess so far :lol:)

I've offered to give members a free spare set of wheels and tyres and fit them for the sprint but they still haven't signed up :(

MotoIntrest
06-06-2011, 18:38
Getting my new clutch fitted this week so will book my place soon,looking forward to some fun in the car:D

good man was wondering if you were going to make it :smthumbup

PDQ
06-06-2011, 19:15
I cant drive for toffee but having a go at MLRSS because it seems friendly, and when I balls up and make a knob of myself at least I've tried to use my car for sort of what it was designed for and it is alot cheaper than most other stuff I wanted to do.

I'm trying Lydden local to me, if I enjoy it I will do more of them.

Rafkoo
06-06-2011, 19:20
I have a lot of evo drivers numbers and have been ringing, PM'ing and texting people to the point of being a pest as i'm sure Rafkoo will confirm ;) (my only sucess so far :lol:)

Far from a pest mate - I sometimes need a nudge in the right direction.... :smthumbup

corky_79
06-06-2011, 19:38
I cant drive for toffee but having a go at MLRSS because it seems friendly, and when I balls up and make a knob of myself at least I've tried to use my car for sort of what it was designed for and it is alot cheaper than most other stuff I wanted to do.

I'm trying Lydden local to me, if I enjoy it I will do more of them.

Willing too bet that you do better than you expect to.

You are more than welcome to catch a couple of passenger laps with me if you like.

Not sure you will learn anything though :mhihi:

james_c
06-06-2011, 19:57
its sooo hard to get people involed. i've found 3 main reasons

1. money, people don't have the cash
2. worried and scared about breaking their car
3. convinced track days give you more time and won't even attend.

I've offered to give members a free spare set of wheels and tyres and fit them for the sprint but they still haven't signed up :(

Certainly is a nice offer.

Maybe if I hadn't seen the mess of an Evo at Coombe id feel differently. Should have kept my Astra and run in G. Being in the throws of buying a new home isn't helping either.

Don't give up on the masses though. One of the reasons I've 'defected' from MK2 Astraa over to here is the friendliness and regularity of meets etc. In my last marque dedicated club there were only a couple of hundred of the things not on sorn! We only got good attendence 1 show a year.

GUM EVO
06-06-2011, 20:23
Certainly is a nice offer.

Maybe if I hadn't seen the mess of an Evo at Coombe id feel differently. Should have kept my Astra and run in G. Being in the throws of buying a new home isn't helping either.

Don't give up on the masses though. One of the reasons I've 'defected' from MK2 Astraa over to here is the friendliness and regularity of meets etc. In my last marque dedicated club there were only a couple of hundred of the things not on sorn! We only got good attendence 1 show a year.

you mean mine? 3 weeks and it was sorted.... sprint speeds are kept low by chicanes etc so in the case of an off most likely to have minimal damage. i was very unlucky but the club provide insurance too:smthumbup

corky_79
06-06-2011, 20:25
you mean mine? 3 weeks and it was sorted.... sprint speeds are kept low by chicanes etc so in the case of an off most likely to have minimal damage. i was very unlucky but the club provide insurance too:smthumbup

Well, what Gum means is that Pace Ward offer a specific sprint insurance package that you can take out.

Didn't want people thinking that insurance was included mate :smthumbup

GUM EVO
06-06-2011, 20:27
Well, what Gum means is that Pace Ward offer a specific sprint insurance package that you can take out.

Didn't want people thinking that insurance was included mate :smthumbup

Yeah cool could be miss understood your right... the club provide insurance at additional cost:smthumbup

monkeynuts1
06-06-2011, 20:28

In The 5 years I have been involved I can only remember 1 total write off and maybe 3 offs like Gums so I would say its Safe :D

How many offs are there at track days where you have speed and ability differances and mobile chicanes to deal with .

At a sprint you are only trying to better your time not dodge other peeps on track so you can go only as quick as you want to .

Lee5
06-06-2011, 20:41
In The 5 years I have been involved I can only remember 1 total write off and maybe 3 offs like Gums so I would say its Safe :D

I worked it out the other day, in total over the 5 years there has been 15000 runs and when you look at the failures and the off's the ratio is very very low and very safe to take part :smthumbup

Lee

monkeynuts1
06-06-2011, 20:46
I worked it out the other day, in total over the 5 years there has been 15000 runs and when you look at the failures and the off's the ratio is very very low and very safe to take part :smthumbup

Lee

Quite Correct Lee and as I said when compaired with track days how many offs do you hear about which are never the drivers fault but maybe because they get more track time the feeling is better value for money :confused:But in the end to run a quality and safe meeting it dont come cheep :shake:

K
06-06-2011, 20:53
I know of 3 total write offs at sprints I was never at!

monkeynuts1
06-06-2011, 20:57

:confused:

mechell
06-06-2011, 20:57

I know many more at trackdays / races you were never at too :D doesn't mean that it's going to happen...

Please try to be a little more positive, we are trying to encourage people to try something new here - not put them off for life, just because 'someone' had an accident - you are just as likely to have an accident on the road than at a sprint or a trackday.

corky_79
06-06-2011, 20:58
I did a trackday at Oulton and there were 2 write offs and 5 or 6 offs/smashes.

In one afternoon.

Sprints are miles less risk as the chances of other cars being involved is eliminated.

If you start off slow and learn the track and build your speed gradually, you will find the limits without pushing them and therefore there is no reason why you should get it that wrong that you damage the car.

Gum was unlucky that was all.

monkeynuts1
06-06-2011, 20:59
Please try to be a little more positive, we are trying to encourage people to try something new here - not put them off for life, just because 'someone' had an accident - you are just as likely to have an accident on the road than at a sprint or a trackday.
:smthumbup......................correct:D

peeler
06-06-2011, 21:02
:confused:

He's been taking the same happy pills as Northy :D

monkeynuts1
06-06-2011, 21:03

who me or "K":confused:

K
06-06-2011, 21:05
I know many more at trackdays / races you were never at too :D doesn't mean that it's going to happen...

It's not un positive it the truth things can happen and someone said they only knew of 1 total write off and that's not true by no means! Let's not pretend the circuits are lined with cotton wool....

james_c
06-06-2011, 21:09

I'm pretty sure it was yours. Happened just after I got there.

Glad it was sorted out ok and no injuries :thumbup:

I'm not really afraid of the risks of racing, I just don't need the hassle of anything going wrong right now.

I used to have a car worth 2k and didn't worry about track day cover when I did one and raced it at Santa Pod a lot. My Evo is worth considerably more and I would get the insurance cover. Just don't have the readies at the moment.

Also, ive driven the car a sum total of around 400 miles since i've had it, all of it on normal roads. I'm just not used to it enough, I'll push it and then be a risk to myself.

I'll take part in others to come, will be a shame if thats not to be.

monkeynuts1
06-06-2011, 21:09
It's not un positive it the truth things can happen and someone said they only knew of 1 total write off and that's not true by no means! Let's not pretend the circuits are lined with cotton wool....

I think I was making a valid point to a guy who thought it was dangerous:D and TBH I still think its only 1:smthumbup but it does not matter because we are not here to argue the facts just try to drum up interest :lol::lol:

FQ360 NICK
06-06-2011, 21:53

Yeh Northys still paying for is unhappy spill :smthumbup

Jacko4RS
06-06-2011, 22:29
I think I was making a valid point to a guy who thought it was dangerous:D and TBH I still think its only 1:smthumbup but it does not matter because we are not here to argue the facts just try to drum up interest :lol::lol:

Didn't Ken (BHP) in his red 9 and Raeturbo white 4 both write off there cars at one of the sprints in Wales? plus Keith Michaels insurance dude total his? But all of these were pushing extremely hard, no one was forcing them to, it was their choice, therefore with correct self control ;) sprints are very safe indeed, I know of a few guys who have had cars beaten up on track days through no fault of their own :(

Blood Speed
06-06-2011, 23:56

Again negativity coming into the discussion,
Just to put things into perspective, A guy in know was coming on last months Ring Spa trip, has done loads of track events...but decided to go on another trip last week with some friends as he wanted to watch some Gt racing at Spa then onto the Ring.
Within one hour of arriving he was involved in a head on RTA, both cars totalled and all were injured, ranging from back injury, broken ribs and his mate has broken Sternum.
Accidents can happen whatever one's doing.

Trackman
07-06-2011, 08:51

Lee

You need to get out more mate :crackup:

Keith

K
07-06-2011, 08:55
Didn't Ken (BHP) in his red 9 and Raeturbo white 4 both write off there cars at one of the sprints in Wales? plus Keith Michaels insurance dude total his? But all of these were pushing extremely hard, no one was forcing them to, it was their choice, therefore with correct self control ;) sprints are very safe indeed, I know of a few guys who have had cars beaten up on track days through no fault of their own :(

you are correct and mr fox not so long ago.

And I agree with the statement after the risk stands with the drivers right foot

corky_79
07-06-2011, 09:24
you are correct and mr fox not so long ago.

And I agree with the statement after the risk stands with the drivers right foot

Yes, but if you are going to turn the traction control off in an M3 on a wet circuit with Andy's ability (and BMW track record), then there is only going to be one outcome :crackup:

His doesn't count.