Darin
23-03-2010, 03:08
MLR500 REGULATIONS

Date: Saturday 25th September 2010
Venue: Blyton Autograss Circuit, Gainsborough, Lincs, DN21 3PE

Teams:

Entries are limited to a maximum of 20 teams
Teams must have a minimum of 3 people and a maximum of 5 people
A minimum of 2 people in each MLR team must be MLR members at the time of registration and the event
A minimum of 3 people in each team must be drivers and named
All teams must appoint a Team Captain who will be the point of contact for the team and responsible for liaising between the team and the MLR
The number of non-MLR teams is restricted to a maximum of 10 teams until 31st July 2010. If places are available after this date they can booked by a non-MLR team
If the number of registered teams exceeds 20, the first 20 teams to book will be guaranteed a place. The remainder will be added to a reserve list in order of their initial registration, and offered a place if/when one becomes available

Cars & Car Preparation:

All cars must be Mitsubishi models and be worth no more than 500 once the car has been prepared
All Mitsubishi vehicles are eligible with the following exceptions; Shogun/Pajero derivatives, L200, L300, Delicia, people carriers, any 4x4 Turbo Mitsubishi cars & any Mitsubishi commercial vehicles
All cars must be 10 years old or more, ie: registered prior to September 2000
A fire extinguisher (powder or foam, minimum 1kg capacity) must be securely fitted to the floor in the front passenger footwell, or rollcage, and be within easy reach of the driver
A rollcage, race seat and harness can be fitted without being included in the overall vehicle cost
The engines fitted to the cars must remain as the same type and capacity as fitted when new
The original fuel tank, battery position and bodywork must be retained
The battery must have a solid cover securely fitted to ensure the terminals cannot come into contact with anything which could create a short or any further damage
Exhaust systems can be modified but must remain below 105dba, not run inside the car or protrude outside the bodywork
The windscreen must be retained, but side windows can be replaced by polycarbonate / perspex
Interiors can be removed but full dashboards must be retained and have a working speedo, trip & mileometer
All lights and exterior mirrors must be removed, although two rear brake lights must be fitted in the rear window aperture so they are visible by all following cars
Airbags must be disabled or disconnected
There are no restrictions on tyres
No additional nudge / bumper bars are allowed. This is a non contact event
Cars do not need to have an MoT or road tax, but in such cases must be trailered to the event
Performance modifications are allowed, but all mods must be declared and included in the overall value of the vehicle
Cars can be painted, decorated and themed, but any additions must be securely fixed. No additional lights with glass lenses can be fitted
Any car can be purchased by anyone for 500 after the event has finished

Scrutineering

All cars will be scrutineered to ensure they are safe to drive on the circuit. This will include fuel & brake lines, battery, seat belts, rollcages and harnesses (if fitted), tyres, lights, mileometer calibration, fire extinguisher fitment & general condition
All cars will be assessed to ensure that they are generally considered to be worth no more than 500. Any cars considered to be worth substantially more than 500 will be refused entry, and your fee retained
The Scrutineers decision is final
If Teams have any queries regarding eligibility (of any car, part, modification etc), they should ask for advice and confirmation from, DaveG, Lee5, Mechell or Darin

Event Timetable:

09:30 – 10:00: Team Registration / Allocation of Team Numbers
10:00 - 10:30: Drivers Briefing & Wristband
10:30 – 11:30: Practice
11:30 – 12:15: Qualifying
12:15 – 13:00: Lunch break
13:00 – 17:00: MLR500
18:00 – Late: Party

The Event:

All team members – drivers and mechanics - must go to the MLR500 marquee to “sign-in” on the day, BEFORE 10am and complete an Indemnity Form and obtain a wristband. Latecomers will be excluded
Only team members with wristbands, marshalls and the event organisers are allowed in the paddock during practice, qualifying and the MLR500 event
All team drivers must attend a driver’s briefing. A driver's wristband will be issued after the briefing
All drivers will be required to keep their arms, legs and hands covered at all times. Race suits are advised.
All drivers must wear a helmet and seat belt (or harness) when in the car
Once briefed there will be a one hour practice session where all drivers must complete a minimum of 3 sighting laps to gain a feel for the car on circuit
All drivers will be given a wristband after they have completed their practice laps. No drivers will be allowed to take part in the MLR500 event without the correct wristbands
The Qualifying session will run one car at a time and will consist of one lap from a standing start. Any driver can be allocated by their team to set the qualifying time.
No passengers will be allowed in the cars
There must be a minimum of SIX driver changes during the event. If a team does not complete the full number of changes they will not be eligible to win the MLR500. These will be recorded by a marshall and it is the teams responsibility to ensure this has been observed and recorded by a marshall
Drivers must drive for a minimum of 15 minutes in the car after each driver change
Speed limit in the pit lane, refuelling area and paddock is 5mph. Any cars considered to be breaking the speed limit will incur a time penalty of 2 minutes which will be taken in the Paddock after the refuelling, driver change, or car repair has been completed
Car engines must be switched off during all driver changes and refuelling
Refuelling must be completed in the refuelling area only. This area will be signed.
Refuelling must be by 20ltr ‘jerry cans’ with the proper spout or funnel to avoid spillage
No fuel pumps are allowed for refuelling
Only the driver is allowed to refuel the car – no other team members are allowed in the refuelling area
Driver changes and car repairs must take place in the team area in the paddock
The MLR500 event, pit lane and paddock will be marshalled throughout the day
No form of car-to-pit radio or telephone communication is allowed

Safety:

This is predominantly a non contact event and will be run with safety as the paramount concern
Although we understand that some cars will come into contact with each other, all drivers are expected to drive to ensure this remains at a minimum
Any drivers seen ‘ramming’ or perpetually hitting other cars will be black flagged and sent to the sin bin for 5 minutes.
If the same car regardless of the driver, is sent to the sin bin 3 times that team will be excluded from taking any further part in the event.
Observe the pitlane and paddock speed limit of 5mph at all times

Trophies:
As soon as the results have been confirmed the trophies will be awarded in the MLR500 marquee to;

The Winning Team
Favourite MLR500 Car

MLR500 Party:

The party will start at approx 18:00 in the MLR500 marquee. There will be a bar open throughout the evening and a great selection of hot and cold food available. The band will be playing several times during the party.

Post Event:

All cars must be removed from the venue after the event – whether on the Saturday night or the Sunday immediately after.
Any personal belongings, rubbish etc must be removed from the venue.

Costs:

2010 entry fees are 295 per team
Tickets for the MLR500 party will be available separately at 5 each
Spectator entry to the event is free

Bookings:

Team entries can be paid via the MLR Shop (http://www.lancerregister.com/store_category.php?id=13), or by calling 0845 12 526237 with a credit card
If a team pulls out after paying the entry fee but there is a team willing to take the place, 70% the entry fee will be refunded AFTER the reserve team has booked. If there is no reserve team waiting the booking fee will be forfeited

Force Majeure:

If the event is unable to go ahead for any reason beyond the Organisers control, and an alternative date cannot be found or agreed as viable, any monies not used to fund the event will be redistributed evenly across the teams.

These rules are subject to change and any changes will be issued via the MLR500 category on the MLR Forum

Confirmed Teams So Far!!!

sider
Raj_UK
Lenghtmeister
TBS
Neverneverman
ESC3
ESC1
ESC2
MSOC1
MSOC2
Kent Scoobies
John@evobreakers
John@evobreakers 2
ChrisW!

John@EvoBreakers
23-03-2010, 10:19
Darin is there any exceptions to the signing on the day before?

craneboy
23-03-2010, 10:22
John, It's missing a comma (i think), so it's before 10am on day of race.

Cheers,

Andy

John@EvoBreakers
23-03-2010, 10:27
LOL i figured that out now hehehe

kins
23-03-2010, 10:28
Andy are we doing this? If yes we need to find a Timmi 2.:naughty:

John, It's missing a comma (i think), so it's before 10am on day of race.

Cheers,

Andy

craneboy
23-03-2010, 10:31
Yes, PM me and Kes.

I'm a llittle busy with new project though.......

Cheers,

Andy

mechell
23-03-2010, 11:36
Have added a list of the teams so far to the first post, let me know if you need/want to change the team name :D

Lee5
23-03-2010, 17:26
Have added a list of the teams so far to the first post, let me know if you need/want to change the team name :D

Who is calling themselves Southern Softies, they need my permission first before doing that tho we did spell Softies different :lol:

Lee

Sider
23-03-2010, 17:34
Even more time for us to sit and watch the others after we have retired early then :shake::crackup::crackup::crackup:

AutoEvo
23-03-2010, 19:45
Brilliant!

Lengthmeister
22-05-2010, 10:27
what wheels fit a mitsubishi colt other than those off of another mitsubishi colt????

not looking for styling modifications here,just plain old ****ty wheels:D

miller_63
09-07-2010, 10:24
Im really tempted with this.

/runs off to find a team

neverneverman
09-07-2010, 13:06
Its the best laugh you'll have for a long time!!
Get some mates and get it booked!

ChrisW!
09-07-2010, 13:28
How do we register a team?

Lengthmeister
09-07-2010, 16:17
Chrisw HERE YA GO !! (http://www.lancerregister.com/store_category.php?id=13#/) about 7 items down the page:smthumbup

ChrisW!
09-07-2010, 16:39
Chrisw HERE YA GO !! (http://www.lancerregister.com/store_category.php?id=13#/) about 7 items down the page:smthumbupthanks dude, just got to check the diary and if it's all clear i'll get booked in :smthumbup

mechell
12-07-2010, 11:12
sider
Raj_UK
Lenghtmeister
TBS
Neverneverman
ESC3
ESC1
ESC2
MSOC1
MSOC2
Kent Scoobies
John@evobreakers
John@evobreakers 2
ChrisW!

14 teams now - c'mon need a few more :D

Will need to put team names in soon too ;)

miller_63
12-07-2010, 15:00
looking forward to this!!

Sider
12-07-2010, 15:04
looking forward to this!!

Same here :smthumbup
Now I actually have a car :D

ChrisW!
29-07-2010, 11:31
sider
Raj_UK
Lenghtmeister
TBS
Neverneverman
ESC3
ESC1
ESC2
MSOC1
MSOC2
Kent Scoobies
John@evobreakers
John@evobreakers 2
ChrisW! - Team Tuna Motorsport

14 teams now - c'mon need a few more :D

speed junkie
29-07-2010, 21:25
Same here :smthumbup
Now I actually have a car :D

you've had that evo 10 for a while now :D

Lee5
29-07-2010, 21:37
Dont forget this part of the regs if you are thinking of doing the MLR 500............

The number of non-MLR teams is restricted to a maximum of 10 teams until 31st July 2010. If places are available after this date they can booked by a non-MLR team

So make sure you have booked your place.

Lee

Sider
01-08-2010, 05:32
Lol, funny man! :crackup::crackup:

you've had that evo 10 for a while now :D

AutoEvo
15-08-2010, 06:57
What are the regs for the helmet allowed for the MLR500?

Can you wear an open face helmet?
Is BS6658 sufficient or does it need a motorsport sticker?

mechell
15-08-2010, 17:46
What are the regs for the helmet allowed for the MLR500?

Can you wear an open face helmet?
Is BS6658 sufficient or does it need a motorsport sticker?

Hi Steve

What ever you want Hun... long as it's not a bike helmet (as in push bike ;) )

mechell
15-08-2010, 17:47
sider
raj_uk
lenghtmeister
tbs
neverneverman
esc3
esc1
esc2
msoc1
msoc2
kent scoobies
john@evobreakers
john@evobreakers 2
chrisw! - team tuna motorsport
gareth_evo5

14 teams now - c'mon need a few more :d

15 :)

mechell
16-08-2010, 12:53
sider
Raj_UK
Lenghtmeister
TBS
Neverneverman
ESC3
ESC1
ESC2
MSOC1
MSOC2
Kent Scoobies
John@evobreakers
John@evobreakers 2
Tom.
gareth_evo5

16 now :D

ChrisW!
16-08-2010, 20:37
sider
Raj_UK
Lenghtmeister
TBS
Neverneverman
ESC3
ESC1
ESC2
MSOC1
MSOC2
Kent Scoobies
John@evobreakers
John@evobreakers 2
Tom.

16 now :D
Thats 15 mechell.
Is gareth_evo5 not allowed to play anymore?

gareth_evo5
17-08-2010, 09:50
I ^*&)(*&* hope so!!

G. :)

Lee5
17-08-2010, 09:51
I ^*&)(*&* hope so!!

Are you going to use Ross's old car or did he scrap it ?

Lee

mechell
17-08-2010, 10:15
I ^*&)(*&* hope so!!

ooppss sorry :o :D now added (again) :D:angel:

miller_63
17-08-2010, 10:26
If anyone is looking for a car pm me... i know of one thats cash sale agreed and is a flyer! North Yorkshire location.

gareth_evo5
17-08-2010, 11:10
Last years Rosssport car(the car was Mine, Lee (IWANT1) and Ross's) got weight in for scrap, not much left of it really. We had a HKS mushroom filter during the race, when we started stripping it, we found a large amount of dust/gravel inside the inlet flexi, so we think the engine had been running a air/fuel/stone mixture for much of the race, so was probably a 1.7litre engine by the end!!

We do have a new car, which will be revealed in good time!!

NB, we still have the air horns from last year :)

David
19-08-2010, 21:08
* All drivers will be required to keep their arms, legs and hands covered at all times. Race suits are advised.

Are driving gloves required this year?

Sider
20-08-2010, 05:01
My hands were covered last year.............in mud! :lol:

Lengthmeister
24-08-2010, 18:06
Hey shell,our car has a rear spoiler fitted to it as standard,is it ok to leave it on???

its not a shopping trolley handle like on evos but merely a small rubber affair thats bolted on in 3 places.

im sure it would be unfair of you to make me remove it as it was fitted on standard models and the ammount of downforce i would lose if it were to be removed would give everybody else an unfair advantage:crackup::crackup:

Sider
24-08-2010, 18:25
Are you sure that aint the mudflaps you're talking about Liam? :lol:

kenny1
24-08-2010, 18:25
Sider our team needs a proper name!

Sider
24-08-2010, 18:34

Oh, 'av you made a decision now? :lol:

"Young Guns" would be appropriate :D

kenny1
24-08-2010, 18:46
Oh, 'av you made a decision now? :lol:

"Young Guns" would be appropriate :D

Who else is in the Team? Have you asked Plip to be athe Team manager or even driver yet?

Darin
24-08-2010, 19:19
Are driving gloves required this year?

No not compulsory David, but we won't penalise you if wear them either!

Hey shell,our car has a rear spoiler fitted to it as standard,is it ok to leave it on???

its not a shopping trolley handle like on evos but merely a small rubber affair thats bolted on in 3 places.

im sure it would be unfair of you to make me remove it as it was fitted on standard models and the ammount of downforce i would lose if it were to be removed would give everybody else an unfair advantage:crackup::crackup:

I know you like playing with small rubber things Liam (well, so I've heard!) but if it's part of the original car you should leave it alone! :mhihi: Anyway, I suspect losing downforce will be the least of your problems :D

Darin
24-08-2010, 19:48
All,

Please be aware of this following revision in the rules:

"The battery must have a solid cover securely fitted to ensure the terminals cannot come into contact with anything which could create a short or any further damage"

Last year, thanks to a slight altercation with another vehicle, Neverneverman's bonnet came into contact with the battery and could have caused a fire - so this rule is to ensure this does not happen.

miller_63
24-08-2010, 20:17
All,

"The battery must have a solid cover securely fitted to ensure the terminals cannot come into contact with anything which could create a short or any further damage"

Last year, thanks to a slight altercation with another vehicle, Neverneverman's bonnet came into contact with the battery and could have caused a fire - so this rule is to ensure this does not happen.

I presume modern battery plastic cover caps will suffice?

Lee5
24-08-2010, 20:19
I presume modern battery plastic cover caps will suffice?

Can you post a picture, but if its the ones I am thinking of then yes as long as they cant just fall off :)

Lee

miller_63
24-08-2010, 20:26
Can you post a picture, but if its the ones I am thinking of then yes as long as they cant just fall off :)

Lee

Im picturing them tie wrapped on around the battery :smthumbup a nice expensive solution:)

Lengthmeister
24-08-2010, 21:26

The ****:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

i love ya really!!

Sider
25-08-2010, 05:03
The ****:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

i love ya really!!

Would have to be "The **** 2", after yourselves of course :D

Lengthmeister
25-08-2010, 05:10
Wel thats nice of you but someone alredy called us the ******s so you can have **** mate:smthumbup

Lengthmeister
25-08-2010, 05:19
No not compulsory David, but we won't penalise you if wear them either!

I know you like playing with small rubber things Liam (well, so I've heard!) but if it's part of the original car you should leave it alone! :mhihi: Anyway, I suspect losing downforce will be the least of your problems :D

BIG rubber things;), i suppose id better affix my spare landy battery tray atop of the colts one today then:mad:

Lengthmeister
25-08-2010, 05:20
And if anyone has a spare wheel or two for a colt can they get in touch.
cheers
Liam 07966061412

Sider
25-08-2010, 05:23
Wel thats nice of you but someone alredy called us the ******s so you can have **** mate:smthumbup

It's ok thanks, don't need it, Kenny has got his finking cap on and will come up with a good one :smthumbup (and more than likely a you tube clip to go with it :crackup:)

Sider
25-08-2010, 05:26
All,

I hear that Paul only did that as he produces a range of battery top covers (In crackle finish etc), they will be on show at next weeks Yorkshire meet at his place :lol:

Hils
25-08-2010, 12:21
Really looking forward to this now - had a good day on the car Sunday & everything is really looking & sounding good!

All girl team is nearly ready to kick some a**e!!:D

Lengthmeister
25-08-2010, 16:08
All,

I have an old baking tray that i ponced off my nan,iff i glue that on will it do:D

Barry P.
25-08-2010, 17:55
I have an old baking tray that i ponced off my nan,iff i glue that on will it do:D

I think that might have the same effect as Nevernevermans bonnet unless your Nan's baking tray is made out of plastic ;)

David
25-08-2010, 19:16

Lee

:crackup:

Lee - Is this the kind of thing? (red cover), If so, I have a couple (of hundred) spare if anybody wants one (or two). :angel:

http://shane.servicetechhelp.com/battery.jpg

Lengthmeister
26-08-2010, 05:03
I think that might have the same effect as Nevernevermans bonnet unless your Nan's baking tray is made out of plastic ;)

Its a wooden one barry,its been passed down the generations since one of my relatives made it in 2 AD,yes thats right 2 AD ,he was a nice bloke by all accounts but met a grizzly death,not to sure how but they found nail marks in his hands and feet,a couple of stab wounds,whip marks and what appeared to be thorn marks on his head:confused:

Sider
26-08-2010, 07:35
Its a wooden one barry,its been passed down the generations since one of my relatives made it in 2 AD,yes thats right 2 AD ,he was a nice bloke by all accounts but met a grizzly death,not to sure how but they found nail marks in his hands and feet,a couple of stab wounds,whip marks and what appeared to be thorn marks on his head:confused:

But when they went back for another look he had gone?

Sider
26-08-2010, 07:36
Lee - Is this the kind of thing? (red cover), If so, I have a couple (of hundred) spare if anybody wants one (or two). :angel:

That looks spot on, can you bring a few with you please? :smthumbup

Lengthmeister
27-08-2010, 05:14
Also do the brake lights have to be red ??

I ask as i`ve seen some perfect for the job but the come in blue or white light??

Sider
27-08-2010, 05:20
Also do the brake lights have to be red ??

I ask as i`ve seen some perfect for the job but the come in blue or white light??

Get white mate, and put some of those Quality Street wrapers over them. :smthumbup:crackup::crackup:

Lee5
27-08-2010, 20:38
:crackup:

http://shane.servicetechhelp.com/battery.jpg

Hi Dave,

Yeah they would be spot on as long as they are secured and can not come off, but can be gotten off just in case we do need to remove the terminal for safety.

Cheers
Lee

David
27-08-2010, 20:54
Hi Dave,

Yeah they would be spot on as long as they are secured and can not come off, but can be gotten off just in case we do need to remove the terminal for safety.

Cheers
Lee

Thanks for the reply Lee :smthumbup They fit the battery by two pins that go in the holes commonly found on the top next to the positive terminal.

That looks spot on, can you bring a few with you please? :smthumbup

No problem, Ill put some in the race car. :angel:

G3orgi3B
03-09-2010, 17:11
Quick question.

Is there a dB limit?

Lee5
03-09-2010, 17:15
Quick question.

Is there a dB limit?

I think 105dB if you can so no open exhausts as we did have one car like this and it caused a few problems.

Cheers
Lee

G3orgi3B
03-09-2010, 17:20
B******s, Project Tuna sounds awesome sans exhaust

ChrisW!
03-09-2010, 17:55
might be worth putting that in the regs then, we've now got to build a new system now.

SXPhil
03-09-2010, 19:30
Hang on a minute guys with respect

We can't start changing regs now !!!!

yellowvanman
03-09-2010, 19:32
I think 105dB if you can so no open exhausts as we did have one car like this and it caused a few problems.

Cheers
Lee

Lee, is this rule change 100% certain?
The ESC colt and many others had an open exhaust, last year without being excessively loud.
And as such we have just fabricated a similar system for this years car.

Sider
03-09-2010, 19:36
I think standard exhausts should be enforced :smthumbup

SXPhil
03-09-2010, 19:49
Even F1 doesn't change rules this close to the race

Sider
03-09-2010, 19:52
Even F1 doesn't change rules this close to the race

No, it usually makes them up after the event :lol:

SXPhil
03-09-2010, 19:55
No, it usually makes them up after the event :lol:

I can see the next rule Scooby Owners can't win 2 years in a row :crackup:

Sider
03-09-2010, 20:05
I can see the next rule Scooby Owners can't win 2 years in a row :crackup:

That's a given :mhihi:

SXPhil
03-09-2010, 20:12
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v418/SIDCALBUM/smilies/singaramaniz__yahoo.jpg

Sider
03-09-2010, 20:14
Don't cry, just do the event for the enjoyment :smthumbup:D

SXPhil
03-09-2010, 20:20
Oh we will enjoy it

Sider
03-09-2010, 21:37
Oh we will enjoy it

:smthumbup

We're just hoping not to be the first retieree :lol:

kenny1
03-09-2010, 21:39
:smthumbup

We're just hoping not to be the first retieree :lol:

...but we have 2 retired in our team?:lol::handsup:

Sider
03-09-2010, 21:48
...but we have 2 retired in our team?:lol::handsup:

Kenny the commedian :lol:

Don't let yer dad hear you :mhihi::crackup:

SXPhil
03-09-2010, 21:48
Pmsl

Sider
03-09-2010, 21:50
Pmsl

At Kennys driving I assume? :lol:

Got him some cushions so he can reach the pedals :smthumbup

kenny1
03-09-2010, 22:09
At Kennys driving I assume? :lol:

Got him some cushions so he can reach the pedals :smthumbup

:goingmad:

Sider
04-09-2010, 05:15
:goingmad:

Controlled aggression on the track Kenny :smthumbup:D

kenny1
04-09-2010, 09:12
Kenny the commedian :lol:

Don't let yer dad hear you :mhihi::crackup:

It's ok he doesn't know about this thread:D

Controlled aggression on the track Kenny :smthumbup:D

Yes...but not when we get to oulton....might give you a nudge for the above comments!:lol:;):handsup:

Darin
04-09-2010, 11:07
Quick question.

Is there a dB limit?

Hi G3orgi3B

The simple answer is yes - there always has been - but it's not superstrictly enforced as it would be say at Brands Hatch. However, Byton Autograss circuit have neighbours like everyone else and have rules they need to abide by for their events, and they ask that the cars taking part in the MLR500 are "sensible" when it come to noise as they cannot risk having any problems which may affect their major events. To my knowledge we've never had any noise issues, but running open exhaust systems isn't going to help - and we certainly can't have 15+ cars all running on track unsilenced or we risk being shut down - and I'm sure no one wants that as it will be the death of the event. :(

might be worth putting that in the regs then, we've now got to build a new system now.

Hi Chris,

We've never needed to before (which is why it wasn't there this year), but now it seems to be needed I have added a line in the Regs. (see below)

Hang on a minute guys with respect

We can't start changing regs now !!!!

Hi Phil,

It's ok - you're not changing them... we are! ;) I'm sure you'd agree that adding a relatively simple amendment in the Regs to ensure the event runs as it always has, isn't a show stopper??

Lee, is this rule change 100% certain?
The ESC colt and many others had an open exhaust, last year without being excessively loud.
And as such we have just fabricated a similar system for this years car.

Yellowvanman,

As I said above, we've never had a noise problem before, but we don't want one now and must respect that any problems we could create will cause repercussions for the Autograss Club - which can't happen - and also mean we wouldn't be invited back to run the event again. So it's really just a clarification rather than a change - common sense has to prevail so I've added the following line in the Regs.

Exhaust systems can be modified but must remain below 105dba, not run inside the car or protrude outside the bodywork

Cheers

Darin

SXPhil
04-09-2010, 12:19
Booo Hisssss

LOL

Fair Comment Darin ;)

Really looking forward to this now

G3orgi3B
04-09-2010, 12:46
Cheers for the clarification Darin :smthumbup

David
05-09-2010, 08:25
Other rule clarifications being discussed at the moment from the MLR HQ...........

http://www.lakshminirman.com/images/mlr.jpg

The items on the agenda are:

The total ban of the use of any green wheels.
All cars painted grey will have to carry 800 kg ballast on the roof.
All spectators will have to wear visible orange t shirts.
Any :mitsi: FTO lasting longer than 24 minutes of the race will be crowned the winner.

Team Dog orange t shirts (*not compulsory at the time of posting* for all spectators) are available.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z96/phodge_album/TeamDog.jpg

yellowvanman
05-09-2010, 15:34
Yellowvanman,

As I said above, we've never had a noise problem before, but we don't want one now and must respect that any problems we could create will cause repercussions for the Autograss Club - which can't happen - and also mean we wouldn't be invited back to run the event again. So it's really just a clarification rather than a change - common sense has to prevail so I've added the following line in the Regs.

Cheers

Darin

Ok, fully understand. Indeed after measuring the db of last years Colt, we would be quite happy for the db levels to be reduced further to say 100 db :utahere: :D

Sider
05-09-2010, 15:39
Other rule clarifications being discussed at the moment from the MLR HQ...........

Is that at the back of Darins house? :eek:

Arkwright
06-09-2010, 14:46
Scrapped my super hi flow extra 50hp homebuilt system as it was too loud 117dba. so now resorted to our original exhaust which sounds like a hoover :cry:
But did try the car at the weekend and I came too close to another car and it sucked it in and blew it out as dust and fluff. :D

Sider
06-09-2010, 17:41
it sucked it in and blew it out as dust and fluff. :D

There is always the chance of that once you go bagless :lol:

SXPhil
06-09-2010, 17:51
Is that at the back of Darins house? :eek:

Just the shed ;)

Sider
06-09-2010, 17:59
Just the shed ;)

:lol:

Arkwright
06-09-2010, 18:02
There is always the chance of that once you go bagless :lol:

Wife was with me. :confused:

Sider
06-09-2010, 18:06
Wife was with me. :confused:

I hope she aint looking now! :lol:

Arkwright
06-09-2010, 19:18
I hope she aint looking now! :lol:

I`m sure she`ll be along quite soon now :mad: LOL

Hils
09-09-2010, 15:39
I`m sure she`ll be along quite soon now :mad: LOL

Too ****in right she'll be alone soon...... keyboard hero!! :goingmad:

Still we'll let the driving do the talking shall we - Team Scooby Doo to win I say! :lol:

Sider
09-09-2010, 15:46
I think we will be "Team Ferrari", then we can do what we like and only suffer punative sanctions :smthumbup:lol:

Sider
09-09-2010, 15:47
Too ****in right she'll be alone soon...... keyboard hero!! :goingmad:

You chucking him out? :lol:

David
09-09-2010, 20:30
Still we'll let the driving do the talking shall we - Team Scooby Doo to win I say! :lol:

As long as your car isn't grey or has green wheels! (see updated rules) (http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=313878) :D

Hils
09-09-2010, 20:35
You chucking him out? :lol:

Genuine typo - but quite a good one - should keep him on his toes! :lol:

Car defo isn't grey, nor are the wheels green, more a delicate shade of lime! :D

Really looking forward to this - as are the other girls. Just remember your manners on the day boys - ladies first!! ;)

Sider
11-09-2010, 05:50
Genuine typo - but quite a good one - should keep him on his toes! :lol:

Car defo isn't grey, nor are the wheels green, more a delicate shade of lime! :D

Really looking forward to this - as are the other girls. Just remember your manners on the day boys - ladies first!! ;)

Aye, a gentleman always lets the lady come first, but that will be after the celebrations wont it? :D

Kenobi_RTOC
11-09-2010, 18:34
what wheels fit a mitsubishi colt other than those off of another mitsubishi colt????

not looking for styling modifications here,just plain old ****ty wheels:D

Old nissan bluebird wheels. Also Dahtsun 280zx wheels.

Its 4 x 114.3 fella. Ive got some 17s knocking about if ya keen. They are off a colt Blackhawk.

Lengthmeister
11-09-2010, 18:52
Old nissan bluebird wheels. Also Dahtsun 280zx wheels.

Its 4 x 114.3 fella. Ive got some 17s knocking about if ya keen. They are off a colt Blackhawk.

Cheers dude it a 4 x 100 , 56.6 bore by the way and i have some astra 4 studs for it.

Cheers though.

Liam

AndyH
15-09-2010, 09:27
QUOTE=Lee5;3555995]I think 105dB if you can so no open exhausts as we did have one car like this and it caused a few problems.

Cheers
Lee[/QUOTE]

Lol, we still had the cat fitted on our Galant last year, and we had to rev it hard just so everyone knew it was ticking over in scrutineering. :rotz:

So be warned, there is an existing link to not removing the cat and having terminal gearbox failure halfway through the race. :cry:[

AndyH
15-09-2010, 09:29
Cheers dude it a 4 x 100 , 56.6 bore by the way and i have some astra 4 studs for it.

Cheers though.

Liam

Rover wheels and VW wheels fit fine too.

SXPhil
15-09-2010, 09:47
QUOTE=Lee5;3555995]I think 105dB if you can so no open exhausts as we did have one car like this and it caused a few problems.

Cheers
Lee

Lol, we still had the cat fitted on our Galant last year, and we had to rev it hard just so everyone knew it was ticking over in scrutineering. :rotz:

So be warned, there is an existing link to not removing the cat and having terminal gearbox failure halfway through the race. :cry:

Did you make it halfway ????

:D

Looking forward to seeing you guys again

Hils
15-09-2010, 14:27

Meeeooowwww Phil - you'll be wanting a place on our team soon!

We are now ready to roll, with the final touches added last weekend -

Team Scooby Doo - All Girl Team! ;)

http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv121/digchs/MLR%20500%20Girls/hilssd016.jpg

The most important part...

http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv121/digchs/MLR%20500%20Girls/hilssd020.jpg

Can't wait to have some good clean fun!

AndyH
17-09-2010, 12:27

Just about halway :cry:

We're aiming to add some nuts and raisins to our chocolate gearbox this year in the hope that it will hold together better. :goingmad:

I wish we'd kept that car and fixed it TBH.

SXPhil
17-09-2010, 12:39
Lol

Hils
17-09-2010, 13:41
I wish we'd kept that car and fixed it TBH.

We girls were smart enough to buy the boys car from last year - and we're soooooo glad we did :lol::lol::lol:

AndyH
19-09-2010, 19:00
We girls were smart enough to buy the boys car from last year - and we're soooooo glad we did :lol::lol::lol:

And the added bonus is that you girls look better in it than they did :smthumbup

Love the switchgear BTW :coolsm:

AndyF_RSX
20-09-2010, 07:06
We're aiming to add some nuts and raisins to our chocolate gearbox this year in the hope that it will hold together better. :goingmad:You didn't fit one from a scooby did you??? :p

AndyH
20-09-2010, 17:05
You didn't fit one from a scooby did you??? :p

Shame on you!!!:eek:

Only A few early impreza's only had chocolate pistons. :lol:

No, the gearbox concerned must surely have been put together by Ford under licence!!

IWANT1
22-09-2010, 12:18
If anyone is wanting to spectate iam heading up early sat morning and have a spare seat!

kenny1
25-09-2010, 07:09
Suppose i better get out of bed and get my ass over there. :yawn:

Northy 8
25-09-2010, 07:15
yes kenny,,
See ya there around 10am

Lengthmeister
26-09-2010, 08:03
did you get there,i never saw ya:confused:

Northy 8
26-09-2010, 08:32
Yes mate
I saw you,,
I was there from 10am till 2pm,,
Looked a wicked laugh,,

kenny1
26-09-2010, 09:08
Yes mate
I saw you,,
Looked a wicked laugh,,

Why didn't you join in mate? I'm sure there were a few teams looking for drivers.

yellowvanman
26-09-2010, 09:13

The items on the agenda are:

The total ban of the use of any green wheels.
All cars painted grey will have to carry 800 kg ballast on the roof.
All spectators will have to wear visible orange t shirts.
Any :mitsi: FTO lasting longer than 24 minutes of the race will be crowned the winner.

Team Dog orange t shirts (*not compulsory at the time of posting* for all spectators) are available.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z96/phodge_album/TeamDog.jpg

So did we actually win again then? :D

Northy 8
26-09-2010, 09:56
Kenny,
Yes raj said i could of joined his team which was very kind,,
I did have a few jobs to do when i got back to be fair

kenny1
26-09-2010, 10:05
Kenny,
Yes raj said i could of joined his team which was very kind,,
I did have a few jobs to do when i got back to be fair

Priorities!

Much more fun than sprinting. They should make a proper track. That would be a laugh!

Lengthmeister
26-09-2010, 10:11
Yes mate
I saw you,,
Looked a wicked laugh,,

should have said hello you miserable git;)

Northy 8
26-09-2010, 12:38
I would of done but ended up knowing most people there
Thus ran out of time

Lengthmeister
26-09-2010, 18:55
I would of done but ended up knowing most people there
Thus ran out of time

oh ok then mr popular;)