PDA

View Full Version : 8mr

evomr_320
10-12-2009, 18:39
My brother is very interested in going to view this 8MR http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1388449.htm can anyone confirm if this car used to be owned by an lad called Abead from Birmingham as i'm pretty sure it is as recognize the number plate ....

grayw
10-12-2009, 18:42
Not that it really matters but I would check it's an FQ car (UK) as described, most start with a registration prefix of WX.

Ifty_Evo9MR
10-12-2009, 18:55
Gray that isn't a UK car its an import. I know the lad who used to own this and indeed he is from Birmingham. If any more info is required by the OP PM me.

Ifty

evomr_320
10-12-2009, 18:59
Gray that isn't a UK car its an import. I know the lad who used to own this and indeed he is from Birmingham. If any more info is required by the OP PM me.

Ifty

Yes was about to say why is the lad advertising it as a FQ an then saying it was imported ?????

I've had a few PM's already about the car since i put the post up , going to give TRL a call tomorrow about it as i want to know for sure if they actually built the engine

Ifty_Evo9MR
10-12-2009, 20:34
No they did not mate,if it is the engine my mate had forged out. It was a local mechanic in Birmingham who knows his stuff, he also works on my car. If the engine is the same as the one I am thinking of then nothing to worry about. IIRC the car was running around the 530 mark