PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on this TME? - Sc unthorpe

Volksdevil.com
12-11-2009, 13:58
Hello all,

I joined some time ago when i was considering an evo, but i went in a different direction. I have still been looking about for a standard car that may catch my eye, and i have come across this one. (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350213931929&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm38%26_nkw%3D350213931929%26_fvi%3 D1&_rdc=1)

As im still not overly familiar, I just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on it? Oh, and what tax bracket would it fall into?

From what i can gather, i need to check for plenty previous (Japanese) service history? Along with the usual body/mechanical checks.
Reading buyers guides etc, i get the feeling that the potential servicing and repair costs are on the high side as most are probably used in a spirited way?

I would be using one pretty sensibly, and servicing it myself (Oil changes etc) while having cambelts etc done either at the dealer or a friends reputable garage.

Just looking for anyones thoughts really. Im not really pushing or rushing to own an evo, but if something tidy/original comes up then i may well have a look at it.

Neil. :)

Makes
12-11-2009, 14:03
I had mine with 10k on the clock when imported, I had full mitsi service history done and kept it five years driving like miss daisy :D
Road tax is 200, If I were looking at that one I would want to know the ins and outs of its history as it is cheap.

Volksdevil.com
12-11-2009, 14:12
Thanks mate. That's one thing that concerns me, as there is no mention of service history.

Also, is it normal for colour coded door handles and no stickers/graphics on the TME?

Neil.

Makes
12-11-2009, 14:37
:DI think thats just a buyers option, I have seen a Tommi all in red including rear spoiler with red handles too, belonged to Evoholix off here.

I made sure I had all invoices as well as the stamped mitsi book :smthumbup
Fussy biatch that I am though

K
12-11-2009, 14:38
Thanks mate. That's one thing that concerns me, as there is no mention of service history.

Also, is it normal for colour coded door handles and no stickers/graphics on the TME?

Neil.

they are normally black if memory serves me right

Dimbers
12-11-2009, 14:58
i think the door handles are only black when the decals are fitted from factory, i believe this is to contrast with the stripes. if the car didnt have the decals fitted when new im sure they have red handles :smthumbup

Dimbers

Volksdevil.com
12-11-2009, 15:50
Cheers lads.

Once UK registered, should it say TME on the log book? I know id need to check the chassis number etc to make sure anyway, but just wondered.

Anyone think it's worth a look? Seems like a tidy standard example? Obviously best to see it in the flesh and check out the history etc, i just struggle for time.

Neil.

Dimbers
12-11-2009, 16:26
Once UK registered, should it say TME on the log book?

I doubt it will say TME on the log book pal. As you say it will be best to go view the car and if you can, take somebody with you who knows what they are looking at. If your going by yourself make sure you read the buyers guide on here which will give you some good info and a list of things you should be checking :)

Dimbers

Makes
12-11-2009, 16:32
Cheers lads.

Neil.

Oi git I am not a "Lad" i'm a bird :crackup:

RichardC
12-11-2009, 17:40
I'm fairly local to this plate and have been to view a few cars over the years, there setup reminds me of a famous trade centre that many of you will know all about, I'm not slating the car as I have not seen it but give it a good inspection.

K
12-11-2009, 17:44
I doubt it will say TME on the log book pal. As you say it will be best to go view the car and if you can, take somebody with you who knows what they are looking at. If your going by yourself make sure you read the buyers guide on here which will give you some good info and a list of things you should be checking :)

Dimbers

it shouldn't say TME it would say MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION VI but being an import there's a chance they won't even get that right

Capt.Mike
12-11-2009, 19:12
I taught the previous owner of this garage to fly helicopters. He always had some nice jap cars when he came along for lessons.
As with any import, you might not get any service history but the one thing you should get with a dealer is a warranty and some comeback if it goes pear shaped.
I live just along the road form that garage now but think that Mak is sold. A workmate of my next door neighbour, just bought a Red Mak from there and it's absolutely immaculate. he paid 11.9k I think.
Just the luck of the draw I guess with imports. I recently bought an imported VI from a sole trader, taking a gamble on it as it wasn;t running correctly, but I had a feeling it was a simple fix, and got it for whatI thought was a great price. 3.3k later it's nearly where I want it, but I doubt anyone buys these types of cars to just drive them and do nothing to them at all.

My advice, get anything you're gonna buy properly inspected by someone who knows evo's, and get the cambelt and balance belt changed soon as for peace of mind unless proof it's been done can be shown.

Good luck in your quest.

Volksdevil.com
12-11-2009, 19:21
Oi git I am not a "Lad" i'm a bird :crackup:

I apologise profusely if that is yourself in your avatar:D:lol: Otherwise, im just plain old sorry. Only kiddin' :smthumbup

Thanks for the advice...I don't know anyone personally that is into jap motors (All Vw/Audi nutters) but i have a decent mechanical knowledge as far as listening for noises etc...

I hope the one in the link hasn't sold, it looked good from the pics...Just the sort of thing i was after really. Ill keep looking i guess, though im not pushed.

Neil.

Makes
12-11-2009, 20:03
I apologise profusely if that is yourself in your avatar:D:lol: Otherwise, im just plain old sorry. Only kiddin' :smthumbup

Neil.

But of course its me. :naughty: