PDA

View Full Version : Keighley Trade Centre Evo - 6

philthy
25-10-2009, 19:29
Anybody been to see this evo 6 keighley treade centre are selling?
I know they have a bad rep so was wondering if anyone has been to see and comment on this car?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/200848324018184/sort/priceasc/usedcars/make/mitsubishi/model/lancer/price-to/8000/price-from/5000/keywords/evo/postcode/g49ad/page/2?previous=%2Fsearch%2Fresults%2Fusedcars%2Fpostcode%2Fg49ad%2Fmake%2Fmitsubishi%2Fmodel%2Flancer%2F keywords%2Fevo%2Fprice-to%2F8000%2Fprice-from%2F5000%2Fpage%2F2%2Fsort%2Fpriceasc&anchor=advert200848324018184&logcode=p#

super rover
25-10-2009, 19:48
id run away
there cars can be bad enough but with the mods that things got for the money its likly to be crap

just my opinion tho ,others may now better

campbell1987
25-10-2009, 19:52
id run away
there cars can be bad enough but with the mods that things got for the money its likly to be crap

just my opinion tho ,others may now better

i agree

chaz83
25-10-2009, 20:07
walk away mate before you get stung

philthy
25-10-2009, 20:13
Appreciate the advice, I wouldnt like to deal with these guys but I'd still like to hear from someone who has been to see the car.

Its a long way to go from glasgow to find out its a nail.

Uncle Winnet
25-10-2009, 20:15
walk away trust me ive been 3 times and never seen a good car there yet

john

starkers
25-10-2009, 20:16
To be honest if anyone on here went to view the car they would probably already know they are wasting there time:)

_Biggles_
25-10-2009, 20:22

RobEvans
25-10-2009, 20:23
iv been myself a few times i wouldnt buy from there, a few of my mates have tho, they love the place! some folk cant be told

super rover
25-10-2009, 20:26
ive just looked at the pics on the website ,god that things ugly

saying that it could be worth buying to break for a 6 its cheap

YAU 730
25-10-2009, 21:28
Never go to that place!!! as i said before on this forum, brought 2 cars from there before and both dodgy..... didn't know why i brought it at that time.... prob too excited our something..... i will never advise anybody to buy from there!!!!!!!! just a shake of the head and no no..........

CaesarSon
25-10-2009, 21:35

That hat suits you mate :mhihi::mhihi:

black-evo-6
25-10-2009, 21:43
ive just looked at the pics on the website ,god that things ugly

saying that it could be worth buying to break for a 6 its cheap

cheap ???? far to dear for wat it is mate and the company have a bad name

put the 2 together and u get stung better off buying a car on here

_Biggles_
25-10-2009, 21:44
:lol:

i was thinking cowboys, bargepoles etc :p

Sideways Steve
26-10-2009, 07:12
This does my head in !

Theres nowt wrong with the place ! Ive bought 3 cars from there and a mate has bought 2.

They have all been fine and were good cars.

The reason Keighley get such a bad name is that folk go looking to buy a 500 odd bhp car for std car money then they moan about it when things go wrong !!

Yes some of their cars are tatty, that’s a fact ! But there priced accordingly and theres nothing wrong with that !

If you DON’T work on cars yourself and take everything to a garage to be done then Keighley is deffo not the place for you. Plain and simple, however if you like to get your hands dirty and know your way around a toolbox then I would deffo recommend them ! You can pick up some right bargains !

Ive lost count of how many times I have posted about this place to be honest.

Basically if you do decide to go to Keighley you need to know what your looking for as yes you may end up with something needing a lot of work. However if you DO know what your looking at you can haggle and get it for the right price.

If you think because its had a fresh lick of paint and has tax/mot means the cars is ready to rock then your very very wrong. You should go pay more elsewhere.

If you know what your doing you will be fine with a Keighley car.

If you don’t then you will be one of the ones who gets stung then comes on forums slating the place.

Simples ! 

Lets face it, if you think you can buy a 600BHP R32 GTR and it will be 100% perfect for £6995 then you have been smoking some funky stuff !!!

With keighely is a case of, you get what you pay for.

I’d buy again from them, but id be ready to have to do some bits and bobs.

_Biggles_
26-10-2009, 07:53
steve, seriously mate, not everyone knows about evo mechanics

its not ethical to tart up a car, flog it on cheap knowing full well its broken or going to break imminently

Sideways Steve
26-10-2009, 08:17

its not ethical to tart up a car, flog it on cheap knowing full well its broken or going to break imminently

Exactly which is why you wouldnt go buy one from them if you DONT know what your looking for ??

you openly said yourself "flog it on cheap" and thats exactly what they do. they bring them over, then sell cheap to folk who want to spend some time and money to get them back to how they should be.

Granted they probably have sold a few really bad ones over time but that happens everywhere. Its always the same, you only ever hear the bad storys about a place.

Theres lots of cars out there from keighly which folk have been very happy with !

With regard to them knowing its going to break, well do they really ? How can you be sure ?

I sold an RX7 that I had for about 8 months, it ran great with no issues at all and a week after the guy bought it the water seals went on the engine and it needed rebuilt. The guyy accused me of selling him a car with a duff engine ?

Was it my fault it broke ? did I know ? Of course I didnt, I was using it daily with no problems at all !

All im trying to say is that I wouldnt write buying a car from them off completely.

If your comfortable with knowing your way about a car and are happy to get a car cheap that may or may not need money thrown at it then go for it.

Its just a case of buyer beware thats all !

If you got offered an Evo VIII MR 360 with a blown engine and shafted gearbox for say £2000 would you turn it down ??

I very much doubt it but its the same principal. You get what you pay for. You get a non running car that with some time and money will be worth far more than you pay for it or put into it.

Im not starting a fight, its just my opinion. I wouldnt be put off from buying a car just because its tatty.

Sideways Steve
26-10-2009, 08:27

Exactly why you wouldnt buy from a place like keighley, however if you wanted to then take someone with you who does know about evo mechanics.

To give you an example about them knowingly selling a rough car ...

I went down to buy a 323 GTX turbo.

Seen it online and thought sod it ill go see it.

Spoke to them on the phone as being up in Glasgow its a long trip if its not as advertised.

They were completely honest and told me about rusty spots, damage to one of the sills and a few other bits.

Went and saw it and sure enough had some rust etc.

I ran the car as was for 11 months with no issues at all. Its MOT come up and I was sure it would fail on the rust on the sill so bought a second car whilst I decided what to do as Keighley had said it was pretty bad at the part that was rusty.

I took it for its MOT anyway without touching anything so I could get a work to list.

It only failed on the front strut leaking !! The "rust" that keighley said was there was nowhere near as bad as they made it out to be. All i had to do was weld a small plate on about 4 inches by 2 inches and that was it ! It wasnt even on a structural part of the car hence why it passed its MOT !

All I can do is base my opinion on how I have found them and ive found them fine with me.

_Biggles_
26-10-2009, 09:23
everyone is entitled to an opinion steve, im not slating that, but its they way the cars are sold to unsuspecting buyers, and thats what trading standards usually end up investigating.......

joe public shouldnt have to go equipped to see if a car is knackered or not, its the point of buying from a dealer/company and not a private sale :)

there are many ways to know something is stuffed and hide it mate.

selling a car massively undervalued just shows they know ;)

anways its not a slinging match, its a heads up for the op, now he knows he needs to take someone with him in the know. and thats a good thing ;)

Sideways Steve
26-10-2009, 09:34
Indeed he does mate :) job done ! Lol

Uncle Winnet
26-10-2009, 10:53
Steve i do all my own work on my car

iand i still would not buy a car off them as even the cheap cars as still not that good and the price of them is over priced

dont know why they say they are trade cars becasue they are not trade prices

john

EVO51
30-10-2009, 11:54
They bring dogs over and expect to charge the price of decent car! They are c**ks which doesn't help. To be honest I wouldn't trust them with a toy car never mind a real one. Now if other people have some how got the odd car that will be any good from them then well done. I just wouldn't risk buying one of the 99% of utter crap they bring over.

I gave them a chance and travelled over 2 hours to look at a car. They are the most rude people I've ever spoken too. Not only that the car wasn't as stated and to be honest I've never seen so many poor cars at high prices.

Lewis_08
30-10-2009, 13:10
i was looking at a yellow 5 from there last may -asked for pics were great i mean great - engine looked good blah blah

got there - looked like it had wrestled a bus all up its side,interior had clearly had bits wripped out as i was on the road down ,no alarm and didnt even want a drive i was sooo gutted.

the guys had nothing to say and were like want a drive we can take a few hundred off for the condition not as expected i was like hundred take half of and ill take it to repair but wtf !
It was at the general market price at the time just over 8 grand too so no cheapo.

was so upset.

Lewis_08
30-10-2009, 13:13
fair enough if they had advertised it as rough condition ****e interior dissapointing service and lies on demand,allowing me to drive from aberdeen to there premisis but they said it was in great nick and well looked after.....

EVO51
30-10-2009, 15:25
Makes me wounder how they stay in business?

rs dub
30-10-2009, 19:05
Makes me wounder how they stay in business?
Because for every one of us on here there must be x100 people who have never heard of the mlr or ktc befoe they think of evo ownership.Plus the poor young lads who let their heart rule the head

Evoboywonder
30-10-2009, 19:09
Runaway!!!! I know loads of people that have looked at cars there and always come away without buying.

stiffler69
30-10-2009, 19:51
This does my head in !

Theres nowt wrong with the place ! Ive bought 3 cars from there and a mate has bought 2.

They have all been fine and were good cars.

The reason Keighley get such a bad name is that folk go looking to buy a 500 odd bhp car for std car money then they moan about it when things go wrong !!

Yes some of their cars are tatty, thatís a fact ! But there priced accordingly and theres nothing wrong with that !

If you DONíT work on cars yourself and take everything to a garage to be done then Keighley is deffo not the place for you. Plain and simple, however if you like to get your hands dirty and know your way around a toolbox then I would deffo recommend them ! You can pick up some right bargains !

Ive lost count of how many times I have posted about this place to be honest.

Basically if you do decide to go to Keighley you need to know what your looking for as yes you may end up with something needing a lot of work. However if you DO know what your looking at you can haggle and get it for the right price.

If you think because its had a fresh lick of paint and has tax/mot means the cars is ready to rock then your very very wrong. You should go pay more elsewhere.

If you know what your doing you will be fine with a Keighley car.

If you donít then you will be one of the ones who gets stung then comes on forums slating the place.

Simples ! 

Lets face it, if you think you can buy a 600BHP R32 GTR and it will be 100% perfect for £6995 then you have been smoking some funky stuff !!!

With keighely is a case of, you get what you pay for.

Iíd buy again from them, but id be ready to have to do some bits and bobs.

Last feb i traded my 53 reg bmw m3 smg cabriolet in for a evo 7 up at 10k and i got cash back aswell but payed 10k for the evo it was overpriced but had some really nice parts so the price seemed fair not cheap however just fair. Ten minutes down the road clutch shat the bed, they fixed but it was never right really always juddered in low revs and all he kept saying it was because it was a triple plate clutch and thats how they are, well i later took the car in for a service only to find out it had been in a massive smash, Front end was 13mm out on the jig, on rear quarter smashed to pieces and been catied up and covered with the boot panels only noticed this when i went to top my wipers up. Car was hpi clear and stood their and said to my face that it had not been in any accidents.

Moral of the story is they dont sell good cars and they dont tell the truth.

liveseytowers
05-11-2009, 15:47
I wouldn't travel from Glasgow to look at a car that has a good chance of being a nail at KTC. Like others have already said, they do sell loads of crap but if you are careful then you can get a bargin.

Athers who used to post on here got two early EVO's from KTC and they were both really good cars.

This is his II that was from KTC.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a141/Pete_Rev1_Turbo/SANY0068.jpg

super rover
05-11-2009, 18:57
Last feb i traded my 53 reg bmw m3 smg cabriolet in for a evo 7 up at 10k and i got cash back aswell but payed 10k for the evo it was overpriced but had some really nice parts so the price seemed fair not cheap however just fair. Ten minutes down the road clutch shat the bed, they fixed but it was never right really always juddered in low revs and all he kept saying it was because it was a triple plate clutch and thats how they are, well i later took the car in for a service only to find out it had been in a massive smash, Front end was 13mm out on the jig, on rear quarter smashed to pieces and been catied up and covered with the boot panels only noticed this when i went to top my wipers up. Car was hpi clear and stood their and said to my face that it had not been in any accidents.

Moral of the story is they dont sell good cars and they dont tell the truth.

how you didnt see it had been bumped is beyond me 13mm would have stood out a mile
OK modern body repairs can be good but its clearly up to YOU to make sure in your own mind its a straight car

and whats the differance with KSP ,most car dealers are flexable with the truth ,so its not un comman

stiffler69
05-11-2009, 20:56
how you didnt see it had been bumped is beyond me 13mm would have stood out a mile
OK modern body repairs can be good but its clearly up to YOU to make sure in your own mind its a straight car

and whats the differance with KSP ,most car dealers are flexable with the truth ,so its not un comman

You would of thought so but the crash center i took it too said they couldnt see the difference until they looked underneather the car on ramps, all panels were straight and all paint matched and their was no obvious gaps in the body i got pics here of it and honestly to look at it you wouldnt know its been smashed until you pull panels out and get it up on a set of ramps to see the extent of the damage

lindseypage
07-11-2009, 17:56
i phoned about that car 3 weeks ago and it was sold

Andy Rich
07-11-2009, 22:31
I popped in to KTC a few weeks back when I was in the area purely to have a browse to see what all the fuss was about and with no intention whatsoever of buying. I took a look on the net before going to see what was there and all the cars looked mint from the pics. However, I think they must have a magic camera or something:eek: The newer Imprezas etc they had there were in good nick but the Evo VI's etc had nearly all had poor repairs, badly fitting TME replica bumpers, mouldy seats, starship enterprise guages nailed to every surface etc. etc.
That said, there was a black VI there that looked half about and like others have already said, if you want a cheap car and know what you're looking at then I guess there's no problem. But if you're not so handy with the spanners then I'd advise to stay away as you're likely to end up spending out a whole lotta cash in the long run:wallbang:.

Donk
14-11-2009, 16:05
I bought a car from ktc. Never again! Ripped off big style.