PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Purchasing

dabossman01
02-10-2009, 19:35
Hi guys. Have just sold my beloved Cupra R and now in the market for an evo 8.
Just some advice needed.
Saw this on ebay and was wondering if it was a good purchase considering mileage.
Wouldnt buy without seeing it first but just trying to get a feel for the market.
Other than the obvious is there anything inparticular that i need to look out for when purcahsing an evo 8.
Any advice would be much appreciated

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320430599567&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

rschris
02-10-2009, 19:41
I bought a high mileage evo and never regretted it :smthumbup

i would say that it is fairly priced as long as it does not go up past 9k :smthumbup

at that mileage check the bushes and suspension....check the discs for where and judder....check clutch....check oil and all usual....shouldnt be a problem if it has FSH :smthumbup

good luck

Caveo
02-10-2009, 20:06
I came from a Leon Cupra ( 320bhp IHI kit ) to the Evo 8 and the differance is night and day mate you wont regret it. I searched and had a 250 mile trip to pick up a 260 with 34000 miles for 9k so my advice would be look for the newist lowest miler you can afford .

dabossman01
02-10-2009, 20:34
I bought a high mileage evo and never regretted it :smthumbup

i would say that it is fairly priced as long as it does not go up past 9k :smthumbup

at that mileage check the bushes and suspension....check the discs for where and judder....check clutch....check oil and all usual....shouldnt be a problem if it has FSH :smthumbup

good luck

Cheers for advice. Prob leave this one and keep look out for lower miles.

I came from a Leon Cupra ( 320bhp IHI kit ) to the Evo 8 and the differance is night and day mate you wont regret it. I searched and had a 250 mile trip to pick up a 260 with 34000 miles for 9k so my advice would be look for the newist lowest miler you can afford .

IHI thats sum set up!!!!
Looking at prices you got a good deal.
Because of all the stamps didnt think mileage would be a prob (obvious in reason). Have 11k to spend and hoping for a fq 300 or similar

rschris
02-10-2009, 20:42
bossman honestly.

my evo 8 FQ-300 had 84k miles on and felt tighter and better than some with 16k miles on :smthumbup i worked for mitsubishi for 3years and drove alot of them ;)

you will be fine if you get one with FSH i know a member on here still has mine and is still going VERY strong...just replaced fuel pump thats it ;)

Caveo
02-10-2009, 20:43
try yer luck mate , I would (http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=284874)

Matt_H18
02-10-2009, 20:46
Would over 9k be considered a high price for an 8 MR 340??????? I know in Evo world anything over 220 yards on the clock in 20 years is considered high mileage, but to be honest I think you're better off getting a car with solid history that can be checked whether it's got 30k miles or 60k miles on the clock should make little or no odds imo.

I would be tempted to email the guy and tell him that it is not "THE SAME AS A FQ400" :rolleyes:

dabossman01
03-10-2009, 09:42
bossman honestly.

my evo 8 FQ-300 had 84k miles on and felt tighter and better than some with 16k miles on :smthumbup i worked for mitsubishi for 3years and drove alot of them ;)

you will be fine if you get one with FSH i know a member on here still has mine and is still going VERY strong...just replaced fuel pump thats it ;)

Fair play. Prob the only reason i have doubts is that i have always been used to cars with around 20 on the clock

Appreciate peoples views thanks!!!

dabossman01
05-10-2009, 17:56
Got another one for you pls guys.
What are your ideas on this?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220489152341&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT