PDA

View Full Version : a little over priced?

scoobwr1
01-10-2009, 12:44
saw this and thought is this overpriced only had four services and its an 05 plate surely not right.http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1269297.htm

evo9ian
01-10-2009, 12:46
4 services for only 17k miles would be about right

id be interested to know what the damage was ??

corky_79
01-10-2009, 12:47
saw this and thought is this overpriced only had four services and its an 05 plate surely not right.http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1269297.htm

They have serviced it every 4.5k.

However it should have had 8 services irrespective of mileage based on a service every 6 months shouldn't it :confused:

scoobwr1
01-10-2009, 12:51
thats what im getting at its an 05 plate.

evo9ian
01-10-2009, 13:20
but if you know your not going to used the car between the months of november and april and the service falls in between, why would you service it if its just going to be stood in a garage ??

a car with low miles as that is obviously a toy, and not used every day, so no need to service it if its not in use, as long as its been serviced correctly before being run it will be fine. mine is.

could be a plausible explanation of the service history.

id be more worried about the accident damage tbh

ian

corky_79
01-10-2009, 13:23
but if you know your not going to used the car between the months of november and april and the service falls in between, why would you service it if its just going to be stood in a garage ??

a car with low miles as that is obviously a toy, and not used every day, so no need to service it if its not in use, as long as its been serviced correctly before being run it will be fine. mine is.

could be a plausible explanation of the service history.

id be more worried about the accident damage tbh

ian

Surely, the service intervals are set at 4.5k or 6 months to make sure that all of the fluids/oils are in tip top condition to keep the car's moving parts from getting damaged.

IMO a car that is left standing is a higher risk than one that is driven regularly.

And yes, the damage would obviously be a greater concern.:smthumbup

evo9ian
01-10-2009, 13:31
Surely, the service intervals are set at 4.5k or 6 months to make sure that all of the fluids/oils are in tip top condition to keep the car's moving parts from getting damaged.

IMO a car that is left standing is a higher risk than one that is driven regularly.

And yes, the damage would obviously be a greater concern.:smthumbup

but if its going to be stood still for 6 month and not driven it isnt going to get damaged, just as long as its serviced as soon as its taken out of hibernation :lol:

my next service is up in about 1000 miles or some time in december, i will run the car for another month or so then take it off the road till next year.

but the first thing i will do next march or april is book it in for a service, the first time it moves propperly will be when its driven to the garage for a full service.

thats just my way of looking at it, cant see any harm in it

:D

ian

butts
01-10-2009, 13:36
good 2 inches higher at the front too??

scoobwr1
01-10-2009, 14:40
ive emailed the guy to find out about the damage.

evo9ian
01-10-2009, 15:11
ive emailed the guy to find out about the damage.

post up the reply mate :smthumbup

ian