maybe its a BOGOF. :crackup:

legoman
21-09-2009, 18:30
maybe its a BOGOF. :crackup:

More like F*K**F

:D

evo 4 me
21-09-2009, 18:32
to think i sold my evo 9 fq300 with 400bhp and 32k on the clock for 15,400 and for only 4,500 more i could now upgrade to an standard evo 8 260:lol: i better get the tent out and pitch up outside the bank so i can get the cash out first thing as at that price its not going to hang around long

Davolution
21-09-2009, 18:33
The reason its priced so high is because its a southern irish car, we have to pay huge tax when a car is imported, for example roughly 6000 euro on an evo 6 regardless of condition. Thats why all irish evo's are way dearer than uk ones.

If an irish person buys an evo 8 in england today in order to get it on to irish plates for tax etc, they have to pay a vehicle registration tax set by the government which would be near 10,000 euro so thats why the price goes up!!! We get screwed here.

stiffler69
21-09-2009, 18:34
Isnt that on here for sale?

the_lush
21-09-2009, 18:41
Isn't it just expensive due to the collapsing pound! About 3 months ago, that would have been worth about two packets of chips. Now your house is barely worth €20,000.

TomCI
21-09-2009, 18:42
You have to appreciate that not all car markets are in the same state as the UK's. I have been offered 19k for my 9 FQ320 with 34k on the clock as it would cost more than that to buy in the UK and export it. Daft I know!

evo 4 me
21-09-2009, 18:50
that explains why all the gypo's come over here then,cheap caravans :lol::lol:

ruta
21-09-2009, 19:03
The reason its priced so high is because its a southern irish car, we have to pay huge tax when a car is imported, for example roughly 6000 euro on an evo 6 regardless of condition. Thats why all irish evo's are way dearer than uk ones.

If an irish person buys an evo 8 in england today in order to get it on to irish plates for tax etc, they have to pay a vehicle registration tax set by the government which would be near 10,000 euro so thats why the price goes up!!! We get screwed here.

What Would happen with your tax if to say you didnt buy my car but hired it and took it to i land there must be a Legal way around this the robbing T**ts:goingmad:

Babylon6
21-09-2009, 19:08

Always wondered how you could get cars into Ireland and avoid the tax. Can't you do it by regging the car up north?

Davolution
21-09-2009, 19:29
England and northern ireland are both the uk so no difference. If a car is brought in from japan its the same thing. Once it gets imported you are liable for the vrt.

There are a couple of ways round it but even then you cant sell the car on for a year or you will be charge and you can only avoid it once every five years!!

Add to that an engine size based road tax system and for example my evo is round 600 euro per year for road tax, if you buy a 3.0l or above its 1500 euro a year road tax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus high insurance costs, the place is a nightmare when it comes to cars:lol:

rich_osborne
21-09-2009, 19:47
thats mad, i fought we had it bad

Davolution
21-09-2009, 19:55
They were actually trying to bring in an emissisions based tax system on used cars as well as new ones which would have put an evo's road tax for 12 months to 2000 euro's!!!!!!

Thank god it didnt go through

Red Devil
21-09-2009, 20:03
Davolution The reason its priced so high is because its a southern irish car, we have to pay huge tax when a car is imported, for example roughly 6000 euro on an evo 6 regardless of condition. Thats why all irish evo's are way dearer than uk ones.

Dont know how many times people have commented on cars in Rep of Ireland been over priced and dont know how many times its been explained to them that its the IMPORT DUTY/VRT that causes it:yawn:

Import duty was ruled ilegal when we joined the EU, so the Irish goverment renamed it as VRT, vehicle registration tax, which is ilegal but is a loophole, I think only other country to charge it is either Cyprus or Malta not sure which. They are reluctant to abolish it because of the revenue it brings them BUT it will have to go hopefully sooner than later.
I gave the ba%tards 10000euro to register my GT when I bought it in Jan 2007, THE most sickening experience in my life so far, VRT is based on OMP, open market selling price here in ROI and on a car like an Evo its 30% of its OMP value.
When I cleared mine they wanted 13500euro, they wanted to base it on an FQ320 which was the cheapest model they listed and was told I HAD to pay it, I told them I was only enquiring and if and when I bought it I would NOT be paying the extra as it was not an FQ320, I rang back 3weeks later and spoke to a lady that was involved in rallying and explained what the car was and she agreed to clear it as 8RS of same year and value, I was very very lucky she picked up the phone

Revenue have more power than the Gaurds, they can and will seize your car if they catch you driving over here with UK plates, car is supposed to be cleared within 24hours of it entering the country, if its taken from you which is a regular occurance they will charge the VRT plus a fine based on cars value, lifting fee and storage fee for however long its there, never happened to me but I know plenty that it has happened to.

Believe me lads, I see alot of UK owners moaning about PLG tax or whatever it is, I can honestly say you do not know how good you have it in the UK. Your road tax goes into your roads and not the general coffers like over here or goverment paying free loading cooonts to stay here with road tax money. My road tax is 630euro for a year at the moment, petrol is 1.18 cent per litre, roads are desperate unless they are motorways.
If you buy a 2008 or new Evo X/Impreza road tax is 2000euro because road tax is now done by emissions not CC's, the thinking behind this is that the bigger chelsea tractors, bigger BMW, Mercs, Audi, prestiege cars in general would pay more road tax but nearly all new cars over here are now diesel which are lower emissions so have lower road tax and also lower the VRT generated on sales of new cars over here, goverment really thought this one through alright, if it was done 5years ago it maybe different as car sales were at an all time high but at this moment and time its at an all time low.

All that is a bit off topic but thought I would give you an insite as to how and why our cars are always more expensive. In saying that at the moment over here with recession and credit crunch IF you wanted to buy say an Evo9 GSR you could quite possibly buy one for 24000euro already with an IRL plate, yes it will be bought less than that in UK BUT when you pay VRT:goingmad: of aprox 13000euro it will work out ALOT more.

Hope that clears it up for those who dont understand it or those who dont read the posts from ROI members who continusly explain this.

Red Devil
21-09-2009, 20:13
Davolution, its only when its put in black and white it makes you realise how ****in unfair the goverment are on the Irish motorist. They get 50% of price of a litre of petrol, 2% levy on all insurance premiums, astronomical road tax, lotto numbers for VRT, 5hit roads and then expect us to put up with potholes, subsiding roads and expect us then to share the road with coonts that cant drive who get a nice helping hand to get them on there in 1st place:goingmad:
Rant over, I give up:wallbang::goingmad::shake::yawn::frust::rotz:

Babylon6
21-09-2009, 20:23
my m8 lives just over the border from Derry. Think he has registered it in the north at his parents house. That's what I meant :)

4g638
22-09-2009, 17:09
Davolution The reason its priced so high is because its a southern irish car, we have to pay huge tax when a car is imported, for example roughly 6000 euro on an evo 6 regardless of condition. Thats why all irish evo's are way dearer than uk ones.

Dont know how many times people have commented on cars in Rep of Ireland been over priced and dont know how many times its been explained to them that its the IMPORT DUTY/VRT that causes it:yawn:

Import duty was ruled ilegal when we joined the EU, so the Irish goverment renamed it as VRT, vehicle registration tax, which is ilegal but is a loophole, I think only other country to charge it is either Cyprus or Malta not sure which. They are reluctant to abolish it because of the revenue it brings them BUT it will have to go hopefully sooner than later.
I gave the ba%tards 10000euro to register my GT when I bought it in Jan 2007, THE most sickening experience in my life so far, VRT is based on OMP, open market selling price here in ROI and on a car like an Evo its 30% of its OMP value.
When I cleared mine they wanted 13500euro, they wanted to base it on an FQ320 which was the cheapest model they listed and was told I HAD to pay it, I told them I was only enquiring and if and when I bought it I would NOT be paying the extra as it was not an FQ320, I rang back 3weeks later and spoke to a lady that was involved in rallying and explained what the car was and she agreed to clear it as 8RS of same year and value, I was very very lucky she picked up the phone

Revenue have more power than the Gaurds, they can and will seize your car if they catch you driving over here with UK plates, car is supposed to be cleared within 24hours of it entering the country, if its taken from you which is a regular occurance they will charge the VRT plus a fine based on cars value, lifting fee and storage fee for however long its there, never happened to me but I know plenty that it has happened to.

Believe me lads, I see alot of UK owners moaning about PLG tax or whatever it is, I can honestly say you do not know how good you have it in the UK. Your road tax goes into your roads and not the general coffers like over here or goverment paying free loading cooonts to stay here with road tax money. My road tax is 630euro for a year at the moment, petrol is 1.18 cent per litre, roads are desperate unless they are motorways.
If you buy a 2008 or new Evo X/Impreza road tax is 2000euro because road tax is now done by emissions not CC's, the thinking behind this is that the bigger chelsea tractors, bigger BMW, Mercs, Audi, prestiege cars in general would pay more road tax but nearly all new cars over here are now diesel which are lower emissions so have lower road tax and also lower the VRT generated on sales of new cars over here, goverment really thought this one through alright, if it was done 5years ago it maybe different as car sales were at an all time high but at this moment and time its at an all time low.

All that is a bit off topic but thought I would give you an insite as to how and why our cars are always more expensive. In saying that at the moment over here with recession and credit crunch IF you wanted to buy say an Evo9 GSR you could quite possibly buy one for 24000euro already with an IRL plate, yes it will be bought less than that in UK BUT when you pay VRT:goingmad: of aprox 13000euro it will work out ALOT more.

Hope that clears it up for those who dont understand it or those who dont read the posts from ROI members who continusly explain this.

I feel you brother,the same ****ing sitauation exists here as well:wallbang:

evo 4 me
22-09-2009, 17:37
sorry if i got it wrong about it being overpriced but i didn't know about the tax.The only thing i knew about the irish was that they love white transit vans,caravans,tarmacing and long holidays in England:lol:

Babylon6
22-09-2009, 18:29
Ah - you gotta love the 21st century.