PDA

View Full Version : Get These Quality Rods Cheap

JIGGA
04-05-2008, 01:22
We ordered a set of these custom made-to-order rods for a customer that decided not to pay for them. :smthumbdo

These are standard length alu rods good for any hp level you desire to run. Dont buy into the gimmick that alu rods are no good for street application.

"In a street application, using the aluminum rod is a no brainer," BME President, Bill Miller recently said in an interview with an automotive magazine. "I don't know exactly how the myth that aluminum rods can't be used on the street got started, but I'll guess that early manufacturers of aluminum rods, back in the 60s and early-70s, weren't making them using the forging process we're using. With the material we've got and they way we manufacture the connecting rods, they'll live a couple hundred thousand miles on the street because a street application is, for the most part, low load. The design criteria for the connecting rod is way overkill for what it's gonna see on the street. We been running aluminum rods on the street for 20 years."

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/1381/p1010084tk3.jpg

Why use alu rods? The same reasons racers use them: less reciprocating and rotating mass due to their comparative lightness. That allows the engine to accelerate quicker and make more power as it does so. Lighter rods also improve throttle response and allow the engine to run reliably at a higher rpm than it could with steel rods.

Suitable for evos 1 thru 9. After you purchase these I'll give you good advice on how to properly setup your engine to use these. :smthumbup

350 shipped one time only price for these.. :)

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/1497/p1010087de1.jpg

moses
04-05-2008, 17:16
my bros i will take em, if u can send it doon when u send the output shaft and prop plz

cheers :)

JIGGA
04-05-2008, 17:40
Mo, I had someone PM me about taking these. He asked me for first right of refusal on them. If he doesnt take them, I'll gladly hold them for you. :)

So for now, provisionaly sold.

moses
04-05-2008, 17:46
Mo, I had someone PM me about taking these. He asked me for first right of refusal on them. If he doesnt take them, I'll gladly hold them for you. :)

So for now, provisionaly sold.

no worrries bros and cheers :)

JIGGA
05-05-2008, 14:36
Sold to moses. :)

jack1
06-05-2008, 21:41
We ordered a set of these custom made-to-order rods for a customer that decided not to pay for them. :smthumbdo

These are standard length alu rods good for any hp level you desire to run. Dont buy into the gimmick that alu rods are no good for street application.

"In a street application, using the aluminum rod is a no brainer," BME President, Bill Miller recently said in an interview with an automotive magazine. "I don't know exactly how the myth that aluminum rods can't be used on the street got started, but I'll guess that early manufacturers of aluminum rods, back in the 60s and early-70s, weren't making them using the forging process we're using. With the material we've got and they way we manufacture the connecting rods, they'll live a couple hundred thousand miles on the street because a street application is, for the most part, low load. The design criteria for the connecting rod is way overkill for what it's gonna see on the street. We been running aluminum rods on the street for 20 years."

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/1381/p1010084tk3.jpg

Why use alu rods? The same reasons racers use them: less reciprocating and rotating mass due to their comparative lightness. That allows the engine to accelerate quicker and make more power as it does so. Lighter rods also improve throttle response and allow the engine to run reliably at a higher rpm than it could with steel rods.

Suitable for evos 1 thru 9. After you purchase these I'll give you good advice on how to properly setup your engine to use these. :smthumbup

350 shipped one time only price for these.. :)

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/1497/p1010087de1.jpg

i would like some, have you got any more?

JIGGA
07-05-2008, 17:25
jack1, yhpm.

Gazzacb
07-05-2008, 18:07
They look amazing, shame they're hidden away, a real work of art :smthumbup

JIGGA
08-05-2008, 13:22
Gazzacb, if you're interested I can supply you a set. PM me if you're interested.