Darin
23-02-2007, 10:50
MLR500 DATE & VENUE

Date: Saturday 30th June 2007
Venue: Blyton Autograss Circuit, Gainsborough, Lincs

MLR500 REGULATIONS

Teams
• Teams must have a minimum of 3 people and a maximum of 5 people
• A minimum of 3 people in each team must be MLR members at the time of registration and the event
• A minimum of 3 people in each team must be drivers
• All teams must appoint a Team Captain who will be the point of contact for the team and responsible for liaising between the team and the MLR
• The Team Captain must be an MLR Member

Cars & Car Preparation
• All cars must be Mitsubishi models and be worth no more than £500 once the car has been prepared
• All Mitsubishi’s are eligible with the following exceptions; Shogun/Pajero derivatives, L200, L300, Delicia, people carriers & any commercial Mitsubishi vehicles
• All cars must be 10 years old or more, ie: registered prior to June 1997
• A rollcage, race seat and harness can be fitted without being included in the overall vehicle cost
• The engines fitted to the cars must remain as the same type and capacity as fitted when new
• The original fuel tank and bodywork must be retained
• The windscreen must be retained, but side windows can be replaced by polycarbonate / perspex
• Interiors can be removed
• All lights must be removed, although two rear brake lights must be fitted in the rear window aperture so they are visible by all following cars
• Airbags must be disabled or disconnected
• There are no restrictions on tyres
• No additional nudge / bumper bars are allowed. This is a non contact event
• Cars do not need to have an MoT or road tax, but in such cases must be trailered to the event
• Performance modifications are allowed, but all mods must be declared and included in the overall value of the vehicle
• Cars can be painted, decorated and themed, but any additions must be securely fixed. No additional lights with glass lenses can be fitted
Scrutineering
• All cars will be scrutineered to ensure they are safe to drive on the circuit. This will include fuel & brake lines, battery, seat belts, rollcages and harnesses (if fitted), tyres, lights & general condition
• All cars will be reviewed to ensure that they are generally considered to be worth no more than £500. Note: Any cars considered to be worth substantially more than £500 will be refused entry, and your fee retained
• The Scrutineers decision is final
• If Teams have any queries regarding eligibility (of any car, part, modification etc), they should ask for advice and confirmation from, DaveG, Mechell or Darin

The Event
• All team members will be required to “sign-in” on the day and complete an Indemnity Form, prior to attending a driver’s briefing
• All team members will be required to keep their arms and legs covered at all times
• All drivers must wear a helmet and seat belt (or harness) when in the car
• Once briefed all drivers will have to complete 3 sighting laps to gain a feel for the car on circuit
• All drivers will be given a wristband after they have completed their sighting laps. No drivers will be allowed to compete without a wristband
• No passengers will be allowed in the cars
• There must be a minimum of SIX driver changes during the race
• Drivers must drive for a minimum of 15 minutes in the car after each driver change
• On entry to the pits, only one of three activities can take place at any one time, ie: driver change, refuel or car repair
• Pit lane speed limit is 5mph. Any cars breaking this will incur a time penalty which will be taken in the Paddock after the driver change or refuelling has been completed
• Driver changes & refuelling will take part in the Paddock, both areas will be signed
• Car engines must be switched off during all driver changes and refuelling
• Refuelling must be by 20ltr ‘jerry cans’ with the proper spout or funnel to avoid spillage
• No fuel pumps are allowed for refuelling
• Only the driver is allowed to refuel the car
• The Race, Pits and Paddock will be marshalled throughout
• No form of car-to-pit radio or telephone communication is allowed

Awards:
• Trophies will be awarded to the winning teams in the following categories;
• Four wheel drive
• Rear wheel drive
• Front wheel drive
• Favourite MLR500 Car (voted by all teams and spectators)

Post Event:
• All cars must be removed from the venue after the event – whether on the night or the Sunday after.
• Any personal belongings, rubbish etc must be removed from the venue.

Costs:
• 2007 Team entry fees are £250 per team, but this will also include 5 tickets for the MLR500 party.
• Tickets for the MLR500 party will be available seperately at £5.00 each

Important:
• Entries are limited to a maximum of 25 teams
• This is a non contact event and will be run with safety as the paramount concern. Although we appreciate that some cars may come into contact with each other, all drivers are expected to drive to ensure this remains at a minimum. Any drivers seen ‘ramming’ or perpetually hitting other cars will be black flagged and banned from the event.
• These rules are subject to change – any changes will be issued via the MLR500 category on the MLR Forum

Bookings:
• Team entries can be paid via the MLR Shop (http://www.lancerregister.com/store_category.php?id=13) , or by calling 0845 12 LANCER (526237) with a credit card.

Fatman
25-02-2007, 22:33
All cars must be 10 years old or more, ie: registered prior to June 1995

Should that be June 1997

AndyF_RSX
26-02-2007, 07:42
Come on Nigel,
Don't you know that Darin is 2 years behind everyone else.... He even thinks that he's 48 years old instead of being 50 :eek:

Andy

Darin
26-02-2007, 13:48
Well done Nige - you spotted the deliberate mistake :p

Mr Fox - why are you being so kind today?! That's not like you at all!! :D :moon:

Performance Autoworks
27-02-2007, 12:47
Darin

Just a couple of questions.

How many of the team need to be members of the MLR??

Can you still change driver's, refuel etc under red flag??

And what is the maximum number of drivers in a team?

Regards
Simon

Darin
15-03-2007, 19:38
Originally posted by Performance Autoworks
Darin

Just a couple of questions.

How many of the team need to be members of the MLR??

Can you still change driver's, refuel etc under red flag??

And what is the maximum number of drivers in a team?

Regards
Simon

Simon,

The Regs regarding members & drivers are the same as 2006, and I've amended the initial 2007 Regs post which answer Q1 & Q3 - not sure why they weren't there earlier! :rolleyes:

Changing driver's, refuelling etc under red flag is allowed, but as with the Regs when returning to the Paddock - only one activity can take place at any one time.

antony@Indigo-gt
16-03-2007, 16:11
Where too is it?

Evo Elderfield
18-03-2007, 20:56
I fancy some of this......I'll be back with the names and winning team shortly !! :D

grants
18-03-2007, 21:18
Hi Darin :)

Time for me to be a PITA (again ;) )

No such thing as "shatterproof Perspex". Maybe amend to say "Polycarbonate" or some other "plastic". AndyF should/must :D advise

Grant

AutoEvo
22-03-2007, 19:21
If anyone is looking for an extra driver I'm looking for a team.

I've got plenty of race experience (British GT in Marcos and Porsches, a bit of TVR Tuscan and some Formula Ford too), MSA International license etc. I'm gentle on the car, but not the worlds fastest. Happy to pay for my share but don't ask me to mechanic (I'm useless at that) although I can help with anything else.

If you have a drive let me know by pm please!
Cheers
Steve

gixer
30-03-2007, 19:14
how does the £500 value work, is that your valuation or the cost regardless cos my mate has just brought an evo 1 for £400 we could enter but it is probably worth a fair bit more

AndyF_RSX
30-03-2007, 19:29
The rules state the car should be 'worth' £500.. that means if you're happy for someone to take it off your hands for £500 then it's probably OK... if you're not happy to accept £500 for your car then it's probably not going to be eligable.

Andy

gixer
30-03-2007, 19:34
cheers for that, would have to be mad to except £500 for a pretty decent evo 1. mind you some p**** sold it for £400.........

Lee5
12-04-2007, 16:54
Last years winning car HERE (http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1423000#post1423000) come and pick it up and you can have it for FREE.

Cheers

Lee

rutthenut
21-04-2007, 08:56
Originally posted by AutoEvo
If anyone is looking for an extra driver I'm looking for a team.

I'm also thinking about this event, but don't have a car, nor space to keep [another] one :(

I do have a [thirsty] tow car, but no trailer (usually rent when needed) if that helps at all, and can do some basic spannering.

Anyone in the Hants/Surrey area thinking of putting together a team (hooligans, perhaps)?

Two potential drivers already, but no car storage ability...