PDA

View Full Version : Well done Darin & co

234sapphire
13-08-2006, 10:11
Just a note of our appreciation for what was a truly excellent days sport, slickly run in a friendly atmosphere.

We were impressed also by the overall very high driving standards and the amazing reliability and toughness of the cars.

Thanks to Biltel and others who donated wheelnuts when our lh front fell off.

Sorry we couldn't stay for the evening festivities hope you all had a good night.

we should now all have great car control round right handers....

cheers,

Paul
The Bodgenologists.

Rich@RGMotorsport
13-08-2006, 11:34
yup, was an excellent day, we all had a great time on our team!!

look forward to the next one!

Mark
13-08-2006, 11:37
Just got back.

Absolutely superb day and night. Even with the dust (still in my ears and up my nose) wind, rain (camping wouldn't be complete without rain) I had a great time.

Big thank you goes out to Darin, Mechell, Nigel, Sally, marshalls, helpers etc. DaveG's band for putting on a very good set in the evening.

Well done to the Softees and all the other teams for a good days motorsprt. It's just a shame our car only lasted 50 minutes before a terminal head gasket failure.

Hope we get a chance for a similar event next year.

Cheers

Mark

Fatman
13-08-2006, 11:49
A big thanks from me & my son Luke

Brilliant day :D

Thanks to Toney AKA Black Knight for allowing us to drive his baby, sorry we killed it Tony.

Thanks to
Nigel & Sally for the food
Darin, Michelle, Bex For the organisation
Dave & Co for the entertainment
& anyone else I forgot

Brilliant organisation, very profesional run

Nigel AKA Fatman

neverneverman
13-08-2006, 11:54
We would like to echo Marks words!

We had a fantastic couple of days, good company, food and entertainment!! Alot of effort by the organisers which I am sure is appreciated by all who took part. I think if there is another one we will choose a slightly bigger engined motor...but she did us proud and only stopped for driver changes and re-fuelling!! :D

Well done all in Pre-evolution!!!!!

Cheers Nigel and Sally for the pig, it was well worth the wait!! ;)

PS Colt for sale-4 careful owners in the last 24hrs, never been thrashed or raced, few minor dents and scratches, will supply a tub of P38!! :crackup:

Cossy_Killer
13-08-2006, 13:36
:crackup: thats wierd mate ive got a lancer thats sounds just like your colt....! :D
yeh will echo mark too... big thanks to Nigel & Sally for bringing there pet pig and Darin, Michelle, Bex For the organisation
Dave & Co for the entertainment with the blingest guitar an drums ive ever seen....!!! :coolsm:
never had so much fun... every1 so friendly great to meet u all!really good amosphere special thanks to whoever donated there spare tyre to our DREAM TEAM ;) we should of won but.... er..... we never :crackup:
cant wait for next year..

The Dream Team

Rob
13-08-2006, 13:52
ditto

the trolliart team are going to reform as team last...

we qualified last , we were the last to break down (10 mins under the four hours) and we were the last on the dance floor..

the standard of driving was generally good apart from one that i wont mention that seemed hell bent on hitting every one (we got it three times)

hope there is another one, i understand blyton has been sold. now we have all learnt our lessons it should be more straight forward, all we all need to help out a bit more with the cash to make it a proffitable event for the club. perhaps spectator charge on gate and all to buy a ticket to evening party and food.

zentac
13-08-2006, 13:59
Superb weekend, it was the most fun you can have with your trowsers on ;)

hope you can hold the event again next year.

MitsuEXV
13-08-2006, 14:03
Hi

I would also like to say a big thanks to everyone that put this event together, it was a great event.

Team M.A are already talking about the MLR 500 2007!! The Lancer GTI is book in to the bodyshop for a bit of smart repair!! :crackup:

Thanks again.

Team M.A

Penfold
13-08-2006, 14:22
As above would also like to say a big thanks to everyone involved in putting on an excellent event :) It was great to see so many cars still running at the end. Just a shame our car broke before I got a chance to drive it in the race :cry:

Roll on 2007 so we can have another go :D

Graham@York
13-08-2006, 14:24
A great big THANK YOU to the MLR team that made such a fantastic day at Blyton,
it was very well run and HEAPS of fun,
There needs to be a prize for the most spins in the day and that deffinatly goes to the black starion , every corner we came round he was there facing you :crackup:
And to the white car that pinched half my blue carpet when he confronted me head on (please can i have me carpet back for next year) :crackup:
Hope The blue RUG RAT made you all smile :D
Graham

LR6GSR
13-08-2006, 14:42
Awsome w/end thanks to all the MLR Team :D
Even tho our car finished early electrical failure we had so much fun.
The MLR Sumer Party was a big hit with us all.

Heres to the next one :coolsm: Liam

Lee5
13-08-2006, 15:12
Big Thanks to everyone @ the MLR 500 was a great event made even better because we won :D

Just like to say thanks to Mike, Shaun and Kieran the Southern Softees Drivers. Deb, Jane and Ryan for their support and t-shirts. Roger Rally for the tyres told you we would win :eek:

And finally thanks to ex-gtir (mike) for his support, shame you wasnt there :(

A very happy Lee :D

Nelson
13-08-2006, 15:24
I just wanted to say on behalf of team SWPC, a Big thanks to Darin and everyone else who made this event what it was. Everyone was very friendly and both the entertainment and food were excellent. Top job guys and gals.

We all thoroughly enjoyed the race and the party afterwards. Congrats to Southern Softees and the other class winners - just a shame that our Galant retired early with terminal head gasket problems.

I do hope theres going to be another MLR500 event?

mojo
13-08-2006, 15:45
from "Me and me Geordie mates"

Lee5
13-08-2006, 15:48
Also forgot to say....

Well Done to everyone that took part, the cars looked great, driving was fantastic and think everyone was a winner ;) .

Lee

mike & jane
13-08-2006, 15:58
Yes i second what everyone has said , well done all the drivers for a good days sport :beerchug: and to darin and co for organising such an event , all the drivers in all the teams are winners on the day for doing such a brill job on track ;) , just got to see if another ones on the cards but if so i thing there are a few creases that need to be ironed out to make the w/end even more enjoyable than it was this w/end and one last thing nigel the hog roast was tops mate better than rabbit anytime ;) :D .

mike

BILTEL
13-08-2006, 16:47
Truly SUPERB Day!!!!

Well done all. Called in to my Starion parts emporium on the way home and collected a set of panels, so we're ready for next year already!! ;)

spn
13-08-2006, 17:03
I'd like to echo what's been said above and thank everyone involved in making the MLR 500 happen :D

Congratulations to the winners :)

Thanks also to Nick from NR Autosport for his advice when the head gasket blew :) although sadly the SW-PC Galant was pronounced dead at 14:31 :(.

Hopefully the MLR 500 will be run again next year. If Blyton isn't available next year (or even if it is - 15 hours round trip and the car died before I got to race it :cry: ), we passed a nice looking grasstrack circuit on the way home, off the M5, just south of Bristol - which would be ideal ;)

Cheers,

Simon

windowlicker
13-08-2006, 17:05
Big Big thanks to all who created this event, and helped out on the day, excellent fun, especially towards the end when the "dont give a sh*t" attitude became more obvious :p , and the car on car panel beating became more frequent. Hilarious,Fun it may well be , and yes everyone is a winner, but put a load of blokes on a track in any car of car/type of event, and testicles swell to enormous proportions and that place becomes oh so treasured :p , Thanks to Neverman, Mad Git and George ,we had a fantastic day and the evening entertainment was spot on too :smthumbup .
Bring it on for next year, Pretty please, thanks again all.

RichieRich
13-08-2006, 17:40
Many thank to Darin and all the helpers.

Like Nelson and SPN said its a shame our Galant died, but hey I bet the rest of you were worried when I set that stonking qualifying time to grab pole.....not bad for a 13 year old Galant.

Congrates to the winners.......

R.I.P. SW-PC MLR500 Galant

Pole Position = SW-PC MLR500 Galant

Buzzin Vtec
13-08-2006, 18:18
Just to echo what has been said already.

Massive thanks to absolutely everyone involved for making this event an absolute corker :rockon:

This was my first ever MLR event so I didn't really know anyone other than my Performance Autoworks team mates and the motley crew of Team MA, but everyone else was really friendly and very soon we felt very much part of the Club .
So a big thanks to all for that :coolsm:

Was a bit worried in advance that the actual race might turn into a banger fest but in the end it turned out to be 100% proper racing with excellant driving standards all round.
Obviously there was some inevitable contact but from what I saw (and felt) none of it could really be described as deliberate. Rubbing is racing :)

As a team we are obviously delighted with winning our class :coolsm: , if only we had worked our strategy a bit better and not had to carry out two wheel swaps we might have stood a chance for the outright win :blah:

Well done to all the class winners and all those that survived till the very end. :beerchug:

Commiserations to those who retired ...though I have to say some of the breakages were properly spectacular :eek:

This event cannot be a one off surely.

Cheers all
Rich
Performance Autoworks
MLR500 Class C Winners

Lengthmeister
13-08-2006, 18:27
well done darin and co and nigel and sally who without our team would have been walking round the track and would have starved in the evening ;)

Thanks to everyone who had input and turned up,very good day :coolsm:

Liam :D

BILTEL
13-08-2006, 18:29
13 year old Galant!! Our Starion is 22 years old!!!!!! :D :D

Must be a law against the fun we all had yesterday. We are mad keen for another go. I know the MLR lost on the event and they're still there clearing up.

It would be nice to be in MLR500 2, but I think it's unlikely.

I would like to express thanks to everyone that made it all happen, but special thanks MUST go to:

Darin and Shell
Dave G
Alan1V Towing God
NIGEL and SALLY!!!!!! :adore:
The Fairford crowd :gay:
Nick NR
Nick and Billy (alias Crazy Cooter and Luke Duke)
OUR General Lee

And anybody else that took the event for what it was meant to be, A BLOODY GOOD LAUGH!!!!!!!

THANK YOU! :) :D :cool:

Weebl
13-08-2006, 18:36
Just like to add my thanks for all the hard work put in which made the event what it was.

Had an excellent time and even the flooded tent just made me giggle.

Thanks also to Tony (Black Knight) without who's kind invitation I would have been teamless for the event.

Oh yea, if our headgasket had not gone bang we would have won! :D

Cheers all :smthumbup

mike & jane
13-08-2006, 18:38
Well said biltel :coolsm:

mike

Lengthmeister
13-08-2006, 18:39
Originally posted by Weebl
Oh yea, if our headgasket had not gone bang we would have won! :D

:smthumbup

Only because our diff blew before your head gasket went Lee ;)

Lengthmeister
13-08-2006, 18:42
And we never even got awarded "the wooden spoon" for coming last :rolleyes:

BILTEL
13-08-2006, 18:44
You're all wrong!!

We'd have won if we didn't have two punctures, broken strut, big targets all over the car, a habit of laughing the whole four hours................. :D :D :D

mike & jane
13-08-2006, 18:45
Originally posted by Lengthmeister
And we never even got awarded "the wooden spoon" for coming last :rolleyes:

There was one liam but it was nicked as someone knew what the weather was going to be like in the morn so wanted it to bail out their tent of water :crackup:

mike

bigdaveakers
13-08-2006, 19:01
Thanks, thanks, and thanks again :cool:

Roll on the next one!

Thanks for making us VR4 boys so welcome and not bashing the crap out of us! I think we were the most unscathed car of the day (apart frm the Ralliartists team as there was no bumping in the pits :p :crackup: )

K
13-08-2006, 19:11
thank you all all i can't really name alot of names as this was my first mlr meet as a member so here goes:
darin for a great day, all the mlr staff who ran the pits and track, the marshalls, the 2 medics, the fireman , the cooks , the band, the other teams, and last but not least the barman.

kieran

234sapphire
13-08-2006, 19:14
We'd have won if we had gone faster!!

234sapphire
13-08-2006, 19:14
We'd have won if we had gone faster!!

Benny
13-08-2006, 19:39
Top weekend from start to finish.

Brilliant company, brilliant event and brilliant fun doggy paddling out of my tent this morning!!! :crackup:

Big thanks to all those mentioned so far plus I'd also like to thank the following members of Team Tarmac Terrorists:

ALAN1V - For literally making me **** myself with laughter throughout Saturday night with his crazy snake hips.

Liam and Cath (LR6GSR) - For giving me a lift to and from the event and generally looking after me for the two days. Although I do believe Cath was more interested in laughing at me than helping me when it came to putting my tent up!

Slarty - For the immortal words "Take it easy, leave it in 3rd and left foot brake" to which I replied "******, 2nd gear on the limiter and handbrake if necessary..........swiftly followed by our car spluttering to an early bath....... :cry:

We were 3rd at one point and were going well but it weren't to be.....................but we will be back............ :coolsm:

P.S One last thanks to LEE5 for turning up in the same t-shirt as me at the party. You can't buy class mate....it comes naturally. :coolsm:

STARION-TURBO
13-08-2006, 20:42
BIG THANKS to team RALLIARTIST who without there help we would not have even got on the track in the first place.

VERY good atmosphere all round the pits,
WELL DONE EVERYONE involved.

Our gallant is now in mitsi heaven being stripped down so wont be doing MLR500 - II :-(

TEAM STARION

DaveG
13-08-2006, 21:16
Fantastic day and a very big well done to all the drivers. Although the MLR500 seemed like a good idea, we didn't know what to expect when all the cars hit the track :eek:. As it turned out the standard of driving and general attitude was spot on and it really made the event.

As for the Goldie Lookin Galant, she sadly expired very terminally after an hour, before most of our team had a chance to drive her. At least 'Crasher Clarkson' put in a storming session before the head and radiator broke, moving up 10 places to 8th and restoring some team pride. She's not dead however. Plans are already being hatched for a new engine :D.

Cheers to everyone in the team for all their efforts preparing the car, especially Graham who went beyond the call of duty.

Martin@FCM
13-08-2006, 22:21
Looks and sounds like everyone had an amazing time. Totally gutted i missed out on this one :cry: :cry:

Next time! :D

DA-EVO
13-08-2006, 22:36
Another cracking event, cheers to everyone that put together such a good day.

Good food, friends, music and stuff at the end also.

2 day event next time? ;)

Unevo.

xrscooby
14-08-2006, 08:12
Big thanks to the MLR for organising a cracking event and to DaveG,Marky and laurence for letting us join in the fun with the GLG team. :)

Superb weekend :D

Glad i left early on sunday, apparently the spot where our tent was had turned into a large pool of water... :eek:

Lengthmeister
14-08-2006, 08:50
Originally posted by bigdaveakers
I think we were the most unscathed car of the day (apart frm the Ralliartists team as there was no bumping in the pits :p :crackup: )

Oh,unfair,i got 30 laps before the cv joint fell to bits out there and our spanner mongers did a great job rebuilding it and coaxing another 60 odd laps out of it until Barry P banged the last nail in at lap 95 and blew the diff :crackup: :crackup:

Still a very good day indeed despite everything and i hope there will be another one cos we have started getting a new diff already ;)

Originally posted by STARION -TURBO
BIG THANKS to team RALLIARTIST who without there help we would not have even got on the track in the first place.[/B]

No worries,glad to help :D

Spanpody
14-08-2006, 13:26
What a fantastic weekend! :smthumbup

On behalf of team Knight Rider I would like to express a massive thanks to Darin and all his helpers for an excellent well run event.

Also thanks to Tony (Black Knight) and Kevin for the run from our hotel to the track on Sat morning ;)

I had my reservations at the start of the event that with the number of cars on track it was going to turn into a banger fest. We were pleasantly surprised to find the standard of driving very good and we only took several knocks despite our drivers spending 50+% of the time sideways with god knows how many spins :D

Wetting the track was fine for limiting the dust however it made our Starion an absolute pig to drive quickly round the track :mockery:

Our Starion proved exceptionally reliable, a big thanks go out to Andy & Kes for the many hours they put into the preperation of our car ;)

Lengthmeister
14-08-2006, 14:32
Originally posted by Spanpody

Our Starion proved exceptionally reliable,

As was ours,well for the first 30 laps :rolleyes: :crackup: :crackup:

stariont3
14-08-2006, 16:17
Thanks a lot for such a great weekend.
a great day on the track, great food and great company- what more do you want :D

again, thanks to the RALLIARTISTS for the use of thier tools- as mark stated we would of not been out at all if they had not been so helpful and equipped - very BIG thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beerchug:

it would be great to this event again- really enjoyed it, just a shame about the bloody weather :mad:

any how, thanks to all, especaily those who ran/organised the event ;)

cheers, Dave Cavill and TEAM STARION

AndyF_RSX
14-08-2006, 16:18
Just got to add to the many thanks for the organisation from Darin, Mechell, Bex, Nigel and Sally (top top quality food) and everyone else that helped out on the day. Also special mention to AlanIV for the tow out of the campsite (or was that the bog) on the Sunday morning :D

I don't think I've laughed so much in a long long time :D:D

I think we at least should have won a prize for the team that spun the most ;) The last hour we spent trying to see who could get it sideways for the longest length of time :D

As many people have said, we're already planning for the next one (hopefully it will happen)... the Starion is fine (well... nothing a big hammer can't cure anyway :D:D)

Andy

234sapphire
14-08-2006, 17:55
Our Starion was totally reliable as well.
We perhaps took it a bit too easy at the start, 3rd gear round the clean bit, having seen Clarkson spectacularly cook a perfectly healthy car on Top Gear.
Tyre wear patterns are interesting and we destroyed 3 n/s fronts
and all the other tyres are now lobsided.
The car was a riot to drive especially when we let it off the leash a bit towards the end.

Was impressed with how sideways some of the fwd Lancers were
especially car 3 the VR4 boys who I was behind for a few laps on the last stint, and how quick the Furry Colt was despite being low on cubes.

The car that most impressed me with its speed was the bewinged blue Lancer, and for exuberance it has to be the Biltels whilst the 4x4 galants were awesome when it was slippery.

But strangely I never particularly noticed the winning car, it must have just been quick, consistent and reliable. Congrats on a job well done!!

zentac
14-08-2006, 18:05
Originally posted by 234sapphire
Was impressed with how sideways some of the fwd Lancers were
especially car 3 the VR4 boys who I was behind for a few laps on the last stint, and how quick the Furry Colt was despite being low on cubes.

Thanks I was having a great time getting it sideways, never knew you could do that in a FWD car.... must remember not to do it in the FTO though ;)

Graham@York
14-08-2006, 18:07
234 sapphire
It wasn't that our fury car was fast it must have been the drivers :coolsm: ,
Be very warey next year as we might move up to a 1400cc :crackup: :crackup:

Lee5
14-08-2006, 18:16

But strangely I never particularly noticed the winning car, it must have just been quick, consistent and reliable. Congrats on a job well done!!

That was us, quiet, quick, consistent and reliable, we never opened the bonnet all day, the only thing we opened was the door :crackup:

Cheers for the congrats ;)

See you all next year!!

Lee

bigdaveakers
14-08-2006, 19:24
Originally posted by zentac
Thanks I was having a great time getting it sideways, never knew you could do that in a FWD car.... must remember not to do it in the FTO though ;)

Errrrrrrrr........Rich...........dont know how to break it to you.........but that was not you drving the last stint! :moon:

yorkhunt
14-08-2006, 20:01
:D Thanks to Darin and everyone who helped to organise the weekend.

Even though this is our local track (5 miles down the road) we appreciate everyone that attended.

We understand that at the beginning of the day it was he's done this and they have done that and they should be disqualified but by the end of the day it was all smiles and kissy kissy and nudge nudge and never mind the fact that GRRR tried to eat the blue furr ball.

But at the end of the day no matter how long your car lasted it was a great laugh and definately something to be repeated even if we do have to go all the way to Bristol for the privilege.

Thanks again.

the mad gits from Gainsborough a.k.a. Yorkhunt (the auto that everyone thought would blow up after 5 minutes!!!!! but came 4th he he he)

Graham@York
14-08-2006, 20:34
MMM i was in the blue fur ball when GRRR was trying to eat us :eek: :cry:

TES
14-08-2006, 20:50
Originally posted by bigdaveakers
Errrrrrrrr........Rich...........dont know how to break it to you.........but that was not you drving the last stint! :moon:

hehe, that was me - I enjoyed it :D

as a last minute guest driver for ClubVR4 I was taking it steady in my first stint 'cos I was scared to break their car or get it into a fender bender, by the end though it was down to second gear and flooring it. :rockon:

the sideways action was helped by the brakes which had taken on a strange characteristic of kicking the back of the car out to the left, at one point it was almost on full opposite lock going round the corners, so a dab on them with the left foot and keep the right hard down had me grinning so much me jaw still aches :crackup:

Performance Autoworks
14-08-2006, 22:27
Top job by all making it one hell of a day. full of fun, team work a good spirit. come on MLR 500 2007.

Well done all those that made it to the day, I onl have you to thank for major smile :D .

Top job Darin and the MLR crew, big thanks to all involved.

Just one request for 07, can we have a wet track all the time!! ;)

234sapphire
15-08-2006, 10:29
Originally posted by Graham@York
MMM i was in the blue fur ball when GRRR was trying to eat us :eek: :cry:

You got your own back on the last stint when I was trying to go round you on the outside and you kept smacking the corner of your rear bumper into my drivers door. Until then it was about the only panel on the car not bent. We were giving you some sort of opposite lock assist!

HA but we have a big chunk of your blue fur in our trophy cabinet.

Graham@York
15-08-2006, 12:14
You got your own back on the last stint when I was trying to go round you on the outside and you kept smacking the corner of your rear bumper into my drivers door. Until then it was about the only panel on the car not bent. We were giving you some sort of opposite lock assist!

HA but we have a big chunk of your blue fur in our trophy cabinet. I'm not telling you that WINDOW LICKER did the last stint :ara:

Look after our blue stolen fur :naughty:

neverneverman
15-08-2006, 12:18
Originally posted by Graham@York
I'm not telling you that WINDOW LICKER did the last stint :ara:

Look after our blue stolen fur :naughty:

We will get it back !! :ara:

Graham@York
15-08-2006, 12:21
Originally posted by neverneverman
We will get it back !! :ara: We most certainly WILL :ninja:

BILTEL