PDA

View Full Version : Where is everyone staying?

Lee5
22-07-2006, 10:02
I have yet to find somewhere to stay and I dont do tents :) so wondered where everyone else was staying as need to sort something soon.

Lee :D

Black Knight
22-07-2006, 10:15
giv me a call lee

01273 388808

Rich@RGMotorsport
22-07-2006, 10:16
oooo, can i call you too :p

we'll probably end up sleeping in the car, seeing as theres plenty of room in it now :crackup:

Black Knight
22-07-2006, 10:51
Got a special place for you Rich :D

Lengthmeister
22-07-2006, 11:24
Tent all the way,unless i inhabit a bush when inebriated :crackup: :crackup:

Lee5
22-07-2006, 11:28
Originally posted by Lengthmeister
Tent all the way,unless i inhabit a bush when inebriated :crackup: :crackup:

Hope you dont mean Make's :crackup:

Cheers Tony ;)

Lee

Benny
22-07-2006, 13:30
Same as length. Tent unless I collapse before I make it....? :crackup:

Spanpody
22-07-2006, 13:40
Originally posted by lee5

:ROFL:

Looking like it will be a tent for me

Cam&LadyL
22-07-2006, 13:57
Im staying at - The White Swan @ Scooter

01724 764248.....Darin has given me this hotel,which is near bye....anyone else staying there ??

Spanpody
22-07-2006, 14:05
Originally posted by CAM 6
Im staying at - The White Swan @ Scooter

01724 764248.....Darin has given me this hotel,which is near bye....anyone else staying there ?? Possibly

You heading down Friday or Saturday ?

Cam&LadyL
22-07-2006, 14:12
Was thinking bout the Friday Brian and heading back up Sunday/Monday?

What bout you?

Lengthmeister
22-07-2006, 14:14
Originally posted by lee5

Cheers Tony ;)

Lee

:eek: :eek: dont know what you mean ;)

Lengthmeister
22-07-2006, 14:16
Originally posted by Benny
Same as length. Tent unless I collapse before I make it....? :crackup:

I thought that was the idea Benny,car wrecking,beer,barbie and camping :coolsm:

Hotels for poofs :shout:

Flame suit well and truly fastened :flame:

Cam&LadyL
22-07-2006, 14:18
I thought that was the idea Benny,car wrecking,beer,barbie and camping :coolsm:

Hotels for poofs :shout:

Flame suit well and truly fastened :flame:

:eek: :eek: Jas already booked then? :crackup:

Lengthmeister
22-07-2006, 14:20
:eek: :eek: Jas already booked then? :crackup:

Twice :crackup:

Spanpody
22-07-2006, 14:21
Was thinking bout the Friday Brian and heading back up Sunday/Monday?

What bout you? Not sure, might head down Friday come back up sometime Sunday, cant take anymore time off work so Monday is out the question.

Would be ideal if we could travel down/back together, would half the fuel costs.

:)

Still not sure what to do :confused:

Cam&LadyL
22-07-2006, 14:23
Im going to be booking sometime next week Brian......Back up Sunday wouldnt be a problem tho :D

I'll give you a call next weekand we can arrange what were going to do ;)

Just less time for the booze take affect :crackup: :crackup:

Spanpody
22-07-2006, 14:25
Im going to be booking sometime next week Brian......Back up Sunday wouldnt be a problem tho :D

I'll give you a call next weekand we can arrange what were going to do ;)

Just less time for the booze take affect :crackup: :crackup: As you say give us a call next week and we will see if we can sort something out ;)

Cheers,
Brian

Cam&LadyL
22-07-2006, 14:26
Ok Mate ;)

Makes
22-07-2006, 16:01
Oi Lee5 you nasty git I've only just found this thread, I hope it pees down on you and you can't get a hotel....

methinks I shall text Tony and get him to cancel your booking :moon: :moon:

I can't make it this year pff I'll have to tan your scrawny backsides at the Crimbo do :D :p

AndyF_RSX
22-07-2006, 18:30
Tent for me... unless there is a special hotel booking for the winners :D:D

Lengthmeister
22-07-2006, 19:37
Originally posted by AndyF_RSX
Tent for me... unless there is a special hotel booking for the winners :D:D

Better make sure its a biggun then Andy coz its gonna be a draw at the least and ive got a fatarse :crackup:

Black Knight
22-07-2006, 20:21
There a few people on here that think they are gonna win this hands down, well I am here to point out a few facts.

!/ The Mlr dealer of the year (2004 admitingly) has a team entered.

2/ We have a car the likes of which most of you will not have seen before,(well the colour anyway some sort of ****ty green)

3/A highly trained team of Ralliart techinicans (who all refused to have anything to do with that "piece of ****")

4/ The backup of one of the greatest techinal motoring companies in the world (who also want nothing to do with that "piece of ****")

5/ One of the most streamlined cars entered. (We put the roll hoop in today and it was 4" short so we had to pull the roof down to fit)

6/ The driving skills of an old bald salesman and a fat service manager.

So don't think you are gonna get it easy and brace yourself for some hard racing. :mad:

grants
22-07-2006, 20:36
Originally posted by Black Knight
So don't think you are gonna get it easy and brace yourself for some hard drinking.

:D ;) :p

Lengthmeister
22-07-2006, 21:23
:crackup:

AndyF_RSX
24-07-2006, 09:58
There a few people on here that think they are gonna win this hands down.
We don't think we are...... we know we are :D:D:D
1/ The Mlr dealer of the year (2004 admitingly) has a team entered.
Am I bovvered :p

2/ We have a car the likes of which most of you will not have seen before,(well the colour anyway some sort of ****ty green)
You're not allowed to enter that new 'Mitsubishi' 911 turbo that you've just started selling because we all know it's not a real Mitsi :D

3/A highly trained team of Ralliart techinicans (who all refused to have anything to do with that "piece of ****")
Remember you only have a £500 budget so at normal Mitsi technican rates, they are only allowed to work on the car for 30 mins :p:p

4/ The backup of one of the greatest techinal motoring companies in the world (who also want nothing to do with that "piece of ****")
I never knew you'd left the Mitsi franchise... what make of dealer are you now? ;)

5/ One of the most streamlined cars entered. (We put the roll hoop in today and it was 4" short so we had to pull the roof down to fit)
Sounds like a good plan... we tried to lighten ours by knocking off the rust and we're left with 4 wheels and half a chassis :eek:

6/ The driving skills of an old bald salesman and a fat service manager.
Ahhh this is where we will win.. we have 3 x 6'+ heavyweights, 1 x 5' dwarf and Cryptwalk :D:D

Andy

Nelson
25-07-2006, 12:55
Well team SWPC are heading up to Blyton on the Friday and we will be looking to camp etc for the Friday night as well as the Saturday

Can anyone advise as to whether we are allowed to camp at the venue on the Friday night?

Whats the score with regards the after race party? What sort of time is it due to kick off? are we all bringing our own BBQ's and drink?

It just seems like the event is not that many weeks away and nothings really been finalised......or has it?

Thanks in advance.

Tom Dick
25-07-2006, 13:30
i shall be stopping at home, all of 2 miles away, if you cant camp at blyton friday night, we have loads of space for tents,

also got basic garage equipment (read no 4 post lifts) for those last minute tweeks

AndyF_RSX
25-07-2006, 13:31
Originally posted by Nelson
Well team SWPC
What does that stand for 'Steaming wet pile of carp' :D:D

are heading up to Blyton on the Friday and we will be looking to camp etc for the Friday night as well as the Saturday

Can anyone advise as to whether we are allowed to camp at the venue on the Friday night?
I've been told that the Friday night is OK to camp

Whats the score with regards the after race party? What sort of time is it due to kick off? are we all bringing our own BBQ's and drink? It just seems like the event is not that many weeks away and nothings really been finalised......or has it?
Times etc.. are due to be finalised this week so keep an eye open in here

Andy

AndyF_RSX
25-07-2006, 13:33
Originally posted by Tom Dick
also got basic garage equipment (read no 4 post lifts) for those last minute tweeks

Last miute tweeks....... Can you fill nitrous bottles :D:D

Andy

Tom Dick
25-07-2006, 13:35
probably, just not with nitrous :p

AndyF_RSX
25-07-2006, 13:40
I was thinking more with beer than anything else :D:D

Nelson
25-07-2006, 13:42
Thanks for your replies guys. I'll keep my eyes peeled :)

Tom Dick
25-07-2006, 13:46
I was thinking more with beer than anything else :D:D

not a problem with that

RSgeoff
27-07-2006, 16:09
Can anyone confirm if there's any washing facilities etc down there for the campers ??

AndyF_RSX
27-07-2006, 21:24
Geoff,
You'll get pi**ed on enough during the race to keep you clean. You don't need to worry about washing :D

Andy

RSgeoff
27-07-2006, 21:39
But my lass & the kids are coming !!

I think we may stay in a local hotel Friday then camp Saturday.

Spanpody
28-07-2006, 17:00
Who else is staying in the White Swan in Scotter then ?

:)

Black Knight
28-07-2006, 19:10
I shall be reclining in luxury at the swan as my bones are too old for camping and I need my beakfast cooking for me :D

Spanpody
28-07-2006, 19:31
I shall be reclining in luxury at the swan as my bones are too old for camping and I need my beakfast cooking for me :D Nice one, I'll get the first round in ;)

AndyF_RSX
28-07-2006, 19:54
Originally posted by Spanpody
Nice one, I'll get the first round in ;)

How far away from the camping grounds is it? Can I stagger back if Span is getting the round in ;)

Spanpody
28-07-2006, 20:20
How far away from the camping grounds is it? Can I stagger back if Span is getting the round in ;) Multimap location of the hotel is here (http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=488000&Y=401000&width=700&height=400&gride=488654&gridn=400892&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db=pc&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=DN213UD&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&keepicon=true&zm=0&scale=25000&out.x=5&out.y=8), is the camping site right next to the track ?

Isn't it amazing how far some people will go for a free drink :p

AndyF_RSX
28-07-2006, 20:39
Do you provide a taxi service :lol:

Spanpody
28-07-2006, 20:42
Do you provide a taxi service :lol: Afraid not, I'm traveling down with CAM6 and he has offered to take his car.

You could always share a taxi if there were a few of you wanting to come along, think there will be quite a few MLR members at this hotel ;)

Cam&LadyL
31-07-2006, 11:17
Originally posted by Spanpody
Afraid not, I'm traveling down with CAM6 and he has offered to take his car.

You could always share a taxi if there were a few of you wanting to come along, think there will be quite a few MLR members at this hotel ;)

No you bullied me into taking it......no touchy feely on the way down Brian..........And your driving back up!!! ;) :crackup:

Nelson
31-07-2006, 13:03
Whats the score with a number of spectators coming to this event?

The team will be venturing up on the Friday with the car etc and will probably stay in a B&B or similar for the Friday night. However we have a few family and friends wishing to pop up and watch the event on the Saturday. They are also looking to spend the night camping with the rest of us.....I assume this isn't going to be a problem? Will they need to pay any sort of admission fee?

RSgeoff
31-07-2006, 19:31
The problem is, although there are camping facilities at the track - the organisers have no idea how many people intend on camping.

I believe Darin is trying to sort something out.

Competitors surely get 1st choice of the middle of the track ?? :D

Black Knight
31-07-2006, 20:00
I shall be camping here :D

Nothing like waking up to a goblin teasmaid :coolsm:

Darin
01-08-2006, 08:39
Sounds like the White Swan is now booked up on the Saturday night, but still have places available for the Friday. Here are the details again just in case . . .

The White Swan,
9 The Green,
Scotter,
North Lincolnshire
T 01724 762342

Alternatives - thanks to Tom Dick are;

Ivy Lodge B&B
4 Messingham Road,
Scotter,
North Lincolnshire
T 01724 762723.

The Beckett Arms
25 High Street,
Corringham,
Gainsborough,
Lincolnshire
T 01427 838201.

Nelson
01-08-2006, 09:29
Thanks Darin - the team and I are intending to get a good night sleep somewhere local.

However going back to the camping facilities - can anyone advise as to whether there are any facilities at the track? Will there be anywhere for us campers to go to the toilet and or wash etc? Sorry for posting up question after question its just that we have just over a week to go..... :coolsm:

Cheers

Tom Dick
01-08-2006, 09:57
should any of the above be full, this (http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/hotel/hotel_id/281/S****horpe) is the nearest travel lodge.

If anyone doesnt want to park cars / trailers etc at the travel lodge, we have space, let me know.

Nelson
01-08-2006, 10:34
Thanks mate thats kind of you to offer :)

mechell
01-08-2006, 11:16
There are toilets on site for those wishing to camp….. and as I write this Darin is trying to source some contractors to deliver more loo’s and a shower, but will keep you posted on that one.

Tom Dick
01-08-2006, 11:20
whats up with you campers, wanting toilets & showers :confused: :confused: Havent you just come from TOTB :confused: you should be ready for this one :crackup: :p

Weebl
07-08-2006, 21:05
Finally got everything finalised and organised.

Will be in a tent Friday and Saturday night, was thinking about a B+B but then I really need to be within falling distance of my bed after a drink at my age :D

Borrowed a tent thing which I trial assembled in my back garden today and the kids have informed me they are sleeping in tonight.

Paula (who really does not 'do' camping) has suprised me by sorting out a little cooker thing for breakfast and cups of tea so looks like I get looked after too :D

See you all there (bring beer)

Weebl
07-08-2006, 21:11
Just checked out the weather forcast seeing as I will be living under canvas. What does this mean?

Lengthmeister
07-08-2006, 21:12
Weebl,ask Paula if she wouldnt awfully mind rustling up a bacon sarnie for me,crunchy ;)

Thanks in anticipation.

Liam :D

Weebl
07-08-2006, 21:14
Weebl,ask Paula if she wouldnt awfully mind rustling up a bacon sarnie for me,crunchy ;)

Thanks in anticipation.

Liam :D

She said:

Ram it.

Pieface.

Sorry mate :(

Lengthmeister
07-08-2006, 21:15
Originally posted by Weebl
She said:

Ram it.

Pieface.

Sorry mate :(

ok,i sense a little tension there,i will ask her a bit nearer the time ;)

KNOXVILLE
07-08-2006, 21:48
I'll be doing some erection work Saturday night :eek: I might even put a tent up :D

Looking forward to this, hope the weather holds out :rolleyes:

:beerchug:

Barry P.
07-08-2006, 22:31
When you get to my age the old bones will struggle with all this damp air when camping so we're at a guest house in Scotter on Fri night and a "chalet" at the fishing place in Blyton on Sat. ( the chalet looks just like a large wooden shed to me!)

Tom Dick
08-08-2006, 07:14
Originally posted by Barry P.
. ( the chalet looks just like a large wooden shed to me!)

They are ;)

RSgeoff
10-08-2006, 19:50
Anyone staying at the Travelodge in Scunny on Friday night ???

If so any chance of a lift to the circuit on the Sat morning to save getting my lass & the kids up early ;)

TES
10-08-2006, 20:45
well I had a call earlier this evening and have now blagged a space in a large tent :cool:

not knowing anyone from here personally I shall be recommending pitching it a sensible distance from anyone else, after all tent walls don't stop sound travelling and you lot snoring away after a night in the beer tent celebrating might stop me getting a decent kip :moon:

... so who's gonna have the bacon frying the morning after for a greasy hangover cure...?

monkeynuts1
10-08-2006, 20:49
Well 6 of us are leaving milton Keynes around 5ish friday eve and gonna set up camp when we arrive :crackup: whaich should be a right crack :eek: ............................see ya there :coolsm:

Jason Hulbert 1
10-08-2006, 20:56
Twice :crackup: do you mean me or duran :D
!
IM CAMPING :moon: !

TES
10-08-2006, 20:56
sounds like they'll be quite a lot of fumbling about trying to put a tent up in headights... us as well. :eek:

filsevo
10-08-2006, 20:58
will be camping both nights with the team (apart from geoff :D )so will see you all tomorrow nite

neverneverman
10-08-2006, 21:06
Originally posted by filsevo
will be camping both nights with the team (apart from geoff :D )so will see you all tomorrow nite

Will see you there Phill :coolsm: will be up about 730 , poss going to find a pub for a bit of tea . :D

Buzzin Vtec
10-08-2006, 23:54
Just a few final last minute tasks to do to the car in the morning then our team "Performance Autoworks" should be setting off sometime just after lunch.

Will be camping both days so looking forward to meeting up with you all and having a few beers and some friendly banter ;) .

See you all later
Rich

Lengthmeister
11-08-2006, 04:57
Originally posted by Buzzin Vtec
Just a few final last minute tasks to do to the car in the morning then our team "Performance Autoworks" should be setting off sometime just after lunch.

Will be camping both days so looking forward to meeting up with you all and having a few beers and some friendly banter ;) .

See you all later
Rich

likewise :D

filsevo
11-08-2006, 07:49
Originally posted by neverneverman
Will see you there Phill :coolsm: will be up about 730 , poss going to find a pub for a bit of tea . :D
sound,s like a plan to me paul,will see you there and may even squeeze in a small beer with the tea? :D