PDA

View Full Version : Confirmation of Rules required

AndyF_RSX
21-02-2006, 11:50
Darin / Dave,
Can you please confirm that it's OK to change the drivetrain / drivetrain layout as long as it meets the overall <500 budget?
i.e. 2WD to 4WD with potentially different diffs etc...

Andy

DaveG
21-02-2006, 12:19
Yes it is.

Tom Dick
21-02-2006, 12:39
Originally posted by AndyF_RSX
Darin / Dave,
Can you please confirm that it's OK to change the drivetrain / drivetrain layout as long as it meets the overall <500 budget?
i.e. 2WD to 4WD with potentially different diffs etc...

Andy

this is sounding very serious :eek: :D

AndyF_RSX
21-02-2006, 13:02
Originally posted by DaveG
Yes it is.

Lovely job. Thanks Dave.

Andy

BILTEL
22-02-2006, 03:09
Why change the only rwd to 4wd? Wouldn't it have been easier to buy a Lancer or Galant?

Or learn to DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :p

AndyF_RSX
24-02-2006, 13:00
Terry,
It may have been easier to buy a Galant or Lancer but where is the fun in that. There's no point buying something that you're not going to modify at all is there :D:D:D

Besides, if it works then i bet you'd be after a conversion for your track car :D:D:D

Andy

Rob
30-04-2006, 14:16
can we get confirmation on the following issues?

a) is there a noise restriction?
b) must the windscreen remain or can it be replaced with steel mesh?
c) i notice the side windows can be replaced with perspex, can they be open?
d) must there be any lights at the rear at all?

AndyF_RSX
02-05-2006, 14:01
Rob,
I know that Darin is looking into sound regs as I've asked him already ;)

I also asked about windscreen / windows a while back and got told that the windscreen had to remain in place and that the side windows are not allowed to be open i.e. no mesh etc...

As for rear lights... I don't need to know as I won't be looking at anyones rear :eek: :eek: :eek: unlike you of course you big :gay: :gay:

nick mann
05-05-2006, 20:43
Originally posted by Rob
can we get confirmation on the following issues?

a) is there a noise restriction?
b) must the windscreen remain or can it be replaced with steel mesh?
c) i notice the side windows can be replaced with perspex, can they be open?
d) must there be any lights at the rear at all?

LOL! This post sounds like "Is it a full on Banger Race?"

It's an endurance race for the most laps, not a demolition derby!!

AndyF_RSX
05-05-2006, 20:51
Originally posted by nick mann
It's an endurance race for the most laps, not a demolition derby!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rob
07-05-2006, 07:18
nick,

its also a galant and as you know they are fat old busses :moon:

any chance you could come and collect some of our stuff in your estate pleasee? :D

nick mann
08-05-2006, 12:17
Originally posted by Rob
any chance you could come and collect some of our stuff in your estate pleasee? :D

Let me just find my flat cap, pipe and slippers! :moon:

Barry P.
04-08-2006, 10:24
I know it's a bit late to discuss this issue but I think we are going to have major problems with the rules requiring windscreens to be in place. The track will cut up quite badly during the event and stones will get flicked up by the competing cars, I am sure we will have problems with screens being broken. If a screen breaks is the car out of the event, or can the screen be removed , it would be a hazard to continue with a broken screen. Any thoughts?

The other issue was there does not seem to be a clear indication re noise, I know this was raised earlier and Andy said he had thrown away his silencers, do we need to run silencers or is it ok to have a straight through system, will noise levels and exhausts be checked at scrutineering?

AndyF_RSX
04-08-2006, 10:49
Barry,
As far as sound is concerned, we had thrown away the silencers, only to recover them and put 1 of them back in. AFAIK, it's a general rule of 100bD in order to try and keep the noise down. All we've removed is the back box to stop the exhaust from trailing on the floor etc..

Andy

Nelson
04-08-2006, 12:37
Good point about the windscreens as ours has the original glass still in it.

As for noise well ours made a stonking 89DB's at Haynes a months or so ago :cool:

Rob
04-08-2006, 14:26
our screen already has a bit of a crack in it...hope that will be ok

we are wearing FF helmets should be cool

Barry P.
04-08-2006, 14:30
Originally posted by Rob
our screen already has a bit of a crack in it...hope that will be ok

How long do you think a cracked screen will last with the pounding it's going to get on the undulating surface at Blyton! :eek:

Darin
05-08-2006, 10:28
Barry,

The noise limit that the Autograss Club use is a self imposed 104db. As for the MLR500, with 10 (ish!) cars running continually for a considerable time, at least one silencer must be retained as we have to consider the circuits' neighbours. Noise at all circuits is becoming a problem these days and we do not want to attract unwanted attention.

We haven't, and don't want to impose a noise limit, but do want everyone just to be sensible. Leaving the standard system alone, or removing the back box would mean noise wouldn't even be a consideration. Hopefully this is a better option than removing / modifying the whole system, being noise checked, and risk being not being allowed to run as the car was too loud??

With regard to windscreens and the surface at Blyton - the track surface is rock hard dirt, generally flat and smooth. Yes there are some stones, but our opinion is that a laminated windscreen is going to provide substantially more protection to ALL loose debris in comparison to a visor and a piece of mesh. Although we would expect the screen to get some chips, maybe even cracks, there are no large stones on the circuit and therefore we're not expecting screens to fail and obstruct visibility to necessitate that car stopping.

So this is where it gets a little confusing . . . .
We want everyone to have the best day possible - but safely as possible - hence why we say using the factory laminated windscreen is preferred. However, if the windscreen were to fail we would allow the screen to be removed and a piece of mesh to be used in it's place.

This then begs the question; "Could teams start with a mesh screen in the first place?" The natural conclusion in light of the above is Yes, however this would come with the stipulation that a full face helmet with visor or goggles (motorcycle or safety) MUST be worn. Hopefully this is understandably and clarifies the position! :confused: :)

RSgeoff
07-08-2006, 10:06
Originally posted by AndyF_RSX
and that the side windows are not allowed to be open i.e. no mesh etc...
:

From DaveG "The windscreen must be retained, but side windows can be replaced by shatterproof Perspex"

Aaaargghh - we have removed our side windows - can they remain like this or do we have to replace them all with perspex (we were only going to do the drivers side).

Please confirm asap.

Black Knight
07-08-2006, 10:16
We have left ours in and will just lower them on the day.

bigdaveakers
07-08-2006, 11:20
Originally posted by RSgeoff
From DaveG "The windscreen must be retained, but side windows can be replaced by shatterproof Perspex"

Aaaargghh - we have removed our side windows - can they remain like this or do we have to replace them all with perspex (we were only going to do the drivers side).

Please confirm asap.

You should have read the rules :moon:

RSgeoff
07-08-2006, 11:51
Originally posted by bigdaveakers
You should have read the rules :moon:

It will only cost 20 for the perspex and will be more than worth it for the weight saving / safety aspect :la:

:p

bigdaveakers
07-08-2006, 11:53
It will only cost 20 for the perspex and will be more than worth it for the weight saving / safety aspect :la:

Thats OK if you have 20 left ;)

Barry P.
07-08-2006, 12:32

In that case Lengthmeister's been ripped off as he paid 40 for our perspex to do the side windows!

RSgeoff
07-08-2006, 14:32
It's 10 a sheet in B&Q. I already have 1 sheet.

1 sheet will do 1 front or 2 rears, so I need 2 more !!