Lancer Register Forum banner

Evo 9 versions

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Jakeg97 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok now the evo 9 FQ versions have just come out will they unvail Evo 9 MR's sometime next year like they did with the 8?

Also ive read that the 9's have 2 piston rings per piston as the 8MR has 3. Will this affect long term reliability in anyway?... Just wondering whether i should go for the 9 over the 8MR thats all

#3 ·
Scrappy said:

Also ive read that the 9's have 2 piston rings per piston as the 8MR has 3. Will this affect long term reliability in anyway?... Just wondering whether i should go for the 9 over the 8MR thats all
i have heard the 9 has a two part piston ring
while the 8 has a 3 part piston ring

anyways from the recent best motoring video the results in the 400m were in wet conditions
evo ix rs - 13'27
spec c - 13'50
evo 9 gsr - 13'44
wrx sti - 13'68
evo 8 mr rs - 13'79

so i would pick the 9.
plus imo the 9 is better looking than the 8

but i am not sure how the mivec will handle heavy mods....?

#5 ·
Wait until I get the car back with the Vortex Generator, Ralliart R-01's and Cusco suspension - and then we'll talk about 'looking like a VII'. Hmph!

However, in completely standard format the EVO VIII MR (gun metal grey only) is by far the best looking model they have ever made.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.