Lancer Register Forum banner

What have you done to your EVO VIII 260

3K views 32 replies 20 participants last post by  Ubie 
#1 ·
To mod or not as the case may be.... :D

So far i've managed to do nothing more than add some mudflaps but think I need to do something to give it a bit more in the way of power - I am therefore seriously considering the following mod options

HKS Panel Filter
Milltek 3" Turbo Back system
ECUTEK + Remap

oh and some bl@@dy decent headlight bulbs !! :rolleyes:

Has anyone else done exactly the same?? If not then what did YOU do and how much did it alter the car for the better... (or worse??)

Cheers

#5 ·
my mate is buying a 260 tomorrow, and he wants to swap the spoiler straight away ,

can you tell me

how much ,for the larger one ?

did you have to have any fillier/paint done where the 260 spoiler has a centre section?

fitting costs ?

cheers

#6 ·
Mark.......

£500 for the spoiler from a FQ300 at a breakers yard, spray and fit included a new high level brake light as the 260 one is in the original spoiler so came to about £200 in total at Mitsi bodyshop.

Hole is filled with a grommet at the moment so i can whack the old spoiler back on if/when i come to sell the car :) and it has never leaked.

#7 ·
Hi

I bought mine from the Leicester Mitsi garage and the big spoiler was already fitted with a natty little bit of matching plastic to cover the hole :)

I've had a HKS Cold Air Induction kit fitted, plus had the water bottle removed to let the cool air in :)

Magnex 3" exhaust system
Blitz boost controller
Running 1.3 Bar

After the conversion the engine management light came on apparently something to do with the front CAT not being there and not reaching temperature. So I had the front down pipe put back on. Once I go to Autronic engine management this problem will be resolved.

Anybody else had this problem, and resolved it?

Car now pulls strongly all the way to 6K no boost spikes just holds 1.3 all the way :) I assume the CAT is still restricting things but the car is a different machine now and I'm happy :)

Induction kit is well noisey, and I mean noisey LOL!

I also fitted a HKS dump valve which made the car sound like a monkey on speed, full on rally car chatter, it was unreal. Then it seriously got on my t!ts and it affected the idle to the point the car stalled on occasions, so i took it off again.

Another £280 well spent LOL!

Andy

#8 ·
Aidy said:
Swap the panel filter for a man's spoiler and you're pretty much good to go. Don't see why you wont get 330-350 with that (only 300 if you don't swap the spoiler though :D )
PMSL - and of course a 'motorsport' sunvisor will add another 17bhp !! :coolsm:

sometimes I do feel a bit inadequate with my low life boot spoiler though :cry:

#10 ·
My 260 is for wrc on Monday morning for an ecu-tek,3.5in aps exhaust,aps bov and panel filter.Allan tells me there is no aps cold air induction kits anywhere at the moment or it was going on instead :cry: .
Still it will probably be sharp enough without it :D

Oh and i've got a mans spoiler :coolsm:

#14 ·
Had a ECUTEK remap on my 260 and it is now running at approx. 300 bhp with 400nm torque. Not only is it more powerful through all the rev range but it is better on fuel - result....

#16 · (Edited)
iv'e had uprated fuel pump,miltek downpipe,magnex de-cat,blitz nur spec r exhaust,hks full hard pipe kit,bmc cda induction kit,the turbo was sent away & converted 2 a twin roller bairing turbo with 10.5 turbine housing on the exhaust side & 1.2 bar actuator ,iridium spark plugs,had the water bottle relocated in the boot, defi bf boost gauge & blitz turbo timer fitted,ecu-tek remap done,eibach springs fitted with motorsport settings & eagle f1 tyres.forge manuel boost controler, forge recirc dump valve & b&m quick shift.only made 361 bhp & 324 1bf-ft. thought it would have made more :confused:

#17 ·
I bought my 260 and had the dealer upgrade wheels MR'S and an upgrade spoiler, then had windows tinted, a month later got a power upgrade new ralliart ecu, down pipe, decat, high level brake light and a hks panel filter cost £1200 then got a second hand hks super drager exhaust for £200.

It feels and sounds great just need to get a dyno test done to see what bhp its pushing out.

#19 ·
it don't matter how much more power i could get from mods because i don't think i could drive the car any faster, my bottle runs out way befor the cars power. i still wish i'd got a 320 though. by the time you add up the cost of getting stage 1 tune + spoiler + god knows what just buy a standard V111 320 as advertised in wastegate chatter the prices on the unsold 8s must be coming down now the 9s are here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.