Lancer Register Forum banner

Owners of 260's

1K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  Gingerpimp 
#1 ·
Have a couple of questions:

Do you use your Ev as a everyday drive?
Whats your fuel consumption /prefer not modded/?
Would you buy a 260 after your experience with it or would you go for a stronger one?
Whats the annooying thing about your car? /beside you get smoked by stronger brothas :) /

Just curious - if you can tune your engine to a higher input, could you do the same but in negative way? I mean are you able to lower the output of your engine through ECU?

#2 ·
Had mine for 9 months now and love it. Tends to only get used at weekends because I can walk to work.
It's completely standard, fuel consumption is about 20mpg.
Would I go for a more powerful one? Well, yes but just too expensive.
I suppose it would be possible to get a tuner to remap the ECU for lower output, but why would you want to?

#3 ·
Most remapped cars return better MPG than standard - especially if you go for a decent ECU.

My Evo averaged 4mpg more on Autronics than standard and on a run it would see in to the 30's even with 1000 cc injectors.

Jez

#4 ·
RobC said:
Had mine for 9 months now and love it. Tends to only get used at weekends because I can walk to work.
It's completely standard, fuel consumption is about 20mpg.
Would I go for a more powerful one? Well, yes but just too expensive.
I suppose it would be possible to get a tuner to remap the ECU for lower output, but why would you want to?
Thanks for answ's guys

when you have 20mpg - is it a carefull driving for reaching the best economy or is it a if-i-have-mood-i-just-go-fast one? And is it in the city?

thanks

#8 ·
18000 miles in 9 months.22-28 depending onroads and conditions and right foot .i'm an only child ,no brothers ,just a couple of cousins who occasionally nod if no ones looking.prefer subtile smaller wing to look at me attention seeking air brake.yes i would buy another 260.far better bang for buck return as i think aug 17th will prove.

#9 ·
brano said:
Thanks for answ's guys

when you have 20mpg - is it a carefull driving for reaching the best economy or is it a if-i-have-mood-i-just-go-fast one? And is it in the city?

thanks
It's a combination of town driving and having some fun on the lanes. You could get a fair bit better on motorways and by being gentle.

#11 · (Edited)
ok guys thanks a lot, due to my maths i can take it /20mpg should be about 13.5 l/100km/. how is it with remaping? i mean in SVK i wouldn't trust anybody to do that as we have about 3 evos here, so do i need to send the ecu to some fanatic and he sends me it back? or does he need the car to see how it does? what ECU is the best choice in your oppinion /mind the fuel consumption pleaze :) /

#12 ·
brano - don't buy one if you're concerned about the fuel consumption.I can get 25 ish MPG on a steady motorway journey,but going to work along B-roads I get a lot less because I'm enjoying myself.You'll find it hard to drive it like Mary Poppins on quiet roads when nobody's looking!

Mine's totally standard and although it's quick,it's not really as quick as I'd like it to be.You can get a lot for £2000 though! The next one will be a IX (but I've got to spend a shed load on getting married before I can think about that :rolleyes: )

Nothing annoys me about it.It goes just about wherever you point it.

I would advise you to BUY ONE :D

#13 · (Edited)
no no dont get me wrong - i want to buy one but just trying to find out possibilities and got to know the boarders to know if i can affort one. sure i wont be driving it like my grandpa, just want to have a picture how it is to live with a dreamcar :)

EDIT: price of petrol per liter is approximetly 1euro/liter

#14 ·
When I bought the car last October I obviously did a bit of a cost analysis.I knew it's running costs would be more than my Prelude VTEC !

I asked the dealer for the serviceing costs.Although not cheap,they didn't look THAT bad. It wasn't until the first service was done substantially CHEAPER than I had been quoted that we realised I had been quoted for the FQ 340 prices! Therefore the 260 costs were a pleasent (cheaper)suprise for me.

What I'm saying is - they're NOT THAT expensive to run!!! ;)

I'm not sure of the cost of your fuel in Slovakia.If it's cheap then you've got a lot of car for a reasonable outlay.If it's as expensive as here in the UK,well we won't go there at the moment.......

#16 ·

I use my 260 everyday and only put 95 in the tank as my local dealer said it is fine!!!!!!! I get exactly 26 MPG which is a mixture of motorway journeys, a-roads, b-roads ect. I have never been smoked by anything even a bike and a top of the range scooby haven' t pulled away from me.

#17 ·
Re: 260

Ian 260 said:
I use my 260 everyday and only put 95 in the tank as my local dealer said it is fine!!!!!!! I get exactly 26 MPG which is a mixture of motorway journeys, a-roads, b-roads ect. I have never been smoked by anything even a bike and a top of the range scooby haven' t pulled away from me.
:eek: :confused:

I have to say that my standard 260 feels well slow when compared to my old Impreza P1. but I put it down to the torque / weight ratio.
You can certainly feel a power difference between 95RON and Optimax when pushing hard in fact when I have to put in 95RON for emergencies its the only time I can hear the dump valve!
But the 26mpg are figures I can only dream of.. regular returns of 16-18mpg
Oh and some loony in a CTR didnt exactly disappear in my rear view mirror the other night ... hmmmm
maybe my 260 is a duff one with 'ONLY' 260bhp! :cry:

Rob

#18 ·
15K miles a year or so, coming up for twelve months old now... and still enjoying it. Same sort of comments on mpg here as well, motorway cruising will get me around 24-25 mpg and thats a best. Town and the a/b road blasts and your down under 20.

I fitted a HKS cat-back and removed the main cat (dealer did this at the first service for me) and that makes the car much more responsive... could still do with an Ecutek remap though :)

Not sure that everyone thinks they are an everyday car, my mate (who drives a Toyota Avensis) thinks the ride is ridiculously hard (the MR's with the Billies sort this our apparently?)

Just to add - does the dealer who says it is ok to put 95 RON in regularly know something everyone else doesn't? Optimax or Esso Super for me whenever possible.

#19 ·
Hi,

I have had my 260 since May 2005 and use it daily cover about 80- 100 miles a day on the motorway and in town and I have now covered 7500 miles from new.

The norm is I have a bit of a blast and a sensible drive a weekly B road.

I fill up when I get down to quarter of a tank and I would have done between 240-250 miles and 260-280 when the petrol low light comes on.

I have had a new upgrade Ralliart ECU, new down pipe, decat, HKS Super Drager Exhaust and I use the HKS Superfilter all for £1400.

Its fun to drive you get loads of looks it can be tiresome but I like it.

#20 ·
I have my 265 since April 2005 and right now it has 12kkm on the clock. I use it everyday but it does not make sense for me (esp. city driving in rush hours) so I look for any commuter (like Mondeo etc.).

Do not belive people saying Evo can take less than 20l/100km. I drive it like it should be driven and 18 is the minimum. When I push it hard it takes 25, and at the track 35 is the average but can be 50 as well. Evos have very heavy thirst. Remember this or you'll be shocked. As somebody said - if you are concerned about fuel bills do not buy Evo. You'll be visiting petrol stations every two days of normal driving so you'd better make friends with guys at the pumps.

But there are even more significant costs - tires and brakes. I finished my first tires at 8000km. Front brake pads lasted till 9000km. Discs should be replaced right now. If you sum it up you'll find it's more expensive then petrol (per 1km).

So my advice - if you are concerned about costs do not buy Evo, no matter 260 or 400.

#23 ·
kamil said:
I have my 265 since April 2005 and right now it has 12kkm on the clock. I use it everyday but it does not make sense for me (esp. city driving in rush hours) so I look for any commuter (like Mondeo etc.).

Do not belive people saying Evo can take less than 20l/100km. I drive it like it should be driven and 18 is the minimum. When I push it hard it takes 25, and at the track 35 is the average but can be 50 as well. Evos have very heavy thirst. Remember this or you'll be shocked. As somebody said - if you are concerned about fuel bills do not buy Evo. You'll be visiting petrol stations every two days of normal driving so you'd better make friends with guys at the pumps.

But there are even more significant costs - tires and brakes. I finished my first tires at 8000km. Front brake pads lasted till 9000km. Discs should be replaced right now. If you sum it up you'll find it's more expensive then petrol (per 1km).

So my advice - if you are concerned about costs do not buy Evo, no matter 260 or 400.
This is strange... You are the only one with that high fuel consumption :rotz:
Sure nothing is wrong with your car?

#25 · (Edited)
Everything is fine with my Evo.

OK, you can make 320km on one full tank but you must not touch the throttle and commute below 3krpm. But hey, what's the sense of driving Evo then?

On average I make 220-250km on full tank of public roads driving. This makes for about 20l/100km. Thats true and I can't help it. Just be aware.

The lowest I did on one tank was 140km - empty mountain roads, some of them popular rally special stages, perfect crisp morning, ahhh :D

And you know what? The bigger fuel consumption I get the better I see the point of this car :p When I get 15l/100km I think: what this mad car is for... But when I get 30l/100km I stop asking questions :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.