Lancer Register Forum banner

Benchmark Dyno Run on my Evo2

479 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  ashleyy 
#1 · (Edited)
OK ive just been on the rollers today down at Steve Simpsons/Teg Sports new Dyno Dynamics RR in my E2... was just as a benchmark before boost goes up and to make sure the engine ive built is running ok,...went on with just under 0.8bar and my sloppy Safc fuelling settings and made 250hp :(.....but a few tweaks on the Safc and Avcr and it made (estimated crank) 305hp and 295ftlbs @ 1bar, cant wait to get Gems on and wack the boost upto 1.5+ :D

Tryed higher boost to see what stock ecu would do ( taken Gizzmo chip out so totally std ecu)....went upto 1.3 bar and it only gained about 8hp!..should of been more like 40-50 i would think, so seems we reached the limits of stock ecu @ 1bar with the 20g....still impressive though and shows the new turbo is doing its stuff as a few people have struggled to break 300hp @ 1.2bar even with a Gizzmo chip.

Intake Temps were a problem as well so gota get some ducting in asap!....tried doing two runs with a small gap between and temps were well up and dropped 15-20hp!.

Cheers
Ian

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Sorry to butt into your thread, what made you decide to go for the Gems over say a Power FC?

#6 ·
Still not 100% made up my mind.... but Gems is the easy well proven option really and will do all i need and more, Power FC isnt a straightforward job as they dont do a direct bolt on unit for the early cars, although i do know a custom harness is available and what Ashills runs on his car.... ..hmmm...still until my moneys actually spent im still looking at all the options :)
I will be collecting my rebuilt gbox later this week and as soon as i get chance get it fitted with new clutch & flywheel, then its time to make the final decision.

Cheers
Ian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.