Lancer Register Forum banner

Nice one carsparkle.com

2K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  BillyT 
#1 ·
Just like to thank GlobalGB for giving me some good advice on products for my new wheels :coolsm:

Not only is carsparkle.com cheaper than most (if not all) other places, GlobalGB also gives top advice :smthumbup

So for all your polishing and cleaning needs see here. I can definately recommend the P21S wax (see pic for results) and the Zymol field glaze and wheel coat :)

Thanks again Mark, especially for the quick delivery :)

Bex :angel:

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
jane & mike said:
So bex does it give a better finish on the black car then the meqiures stuff , as i am using this at the mo and cannot fault it .

mike.
Hi Mike

Never used the Meguiars stuff, as GlobalGB didn't recommend it ;) :D

However, the P21s really gives a great finish on black. I use the pre-wax P21s Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleaner first, which gave my car a similar shine to the Autoglym polish that I had been using. So when I then used the wax, it was like a mirror finish :coolsm:

The best bit about the P21s is that there is no white residue, it's easy to apply and it is cheap as chips :D

#10 ·
Bex said:
Hi Mike

Never used the Meguiars stuff, as GlobalGB didn't recommend it ;) :D

The best bit about the P21s is that there is no white residue, it's easy to apply and it is cheap as chips :D

Thanks for that , so why did he not recommend the mequires is it because of it being the enemy in the trade , or was there something else ? pm the answer if you want ;) , with the mequires i do not get any residue with it , but are looking for a product that will improve the finish on the car , thanks ;) :coolsm: .

mike.

#11 ·
jane & mike said:
Thanks for that , so why did he not recommend the mequires is it because of it being the enemy in the trade , or was there something else ? pm the answer if you want ;) , with the mequires i do not get any residue with it , but are looking for a product that will improve the finish on the car , thanks ;) :coolsm: .

mike.
PM Sent (well will be within 2 mins) ;)

#15 ·
Personally i have no idea whay everyone raves about Meguires. I have always used Autoglymn but bought some of this Meguires after everyone raving about it.

It's just such a pain to get off, you go through about 6 cloths due to it instantly becoming sticky, and they have to be chucked afterwards.

Give me autoglymn anyday - or maybe this P21 stuff ?

#17 ·
gsrgeoff said:
Personally i have no idea whay everyone raves about Meguires. I have always used Autoglymn but bought some of this Meguires after everyone raving about it.

It's just such a pain to get off, you go through about 6 cloths due to it instantly becoming sticky, and they have to be chucked afterwards.

Give me autoglymn anyday - or maybe this P21 stuff ?
This is because Meguiars is silicone based, but it also contains a very very bad silicone which I can explain via PM if you want.

:)

#21 ·
MR.C said:
So has any one used any of these electric polishers and are they any good???

Anything to save time eh!!
:eek: :eek:

I haven't used one, but the garage that fixed my Fiesta recently did. It has completely ruined the paintwork on the car :( When the sun shines on it, it looks :blah:

I wouldn't touch them, but perhaps some will disagree with me. If you use the P21s wax, it's really easy to put on and take off. Can't imagine using an electric polisher would be any easier or quicker, IMO :)

#22 ·
MR.C said:
So has any one used any of these electric polishers and are they any good???

Anything to save time eh!!
I imported the Porter Cable (apparently the best for car polishing) random orbital polisher as it was sold pretty well (in terms of the glowing 'advetisement' reviews) from autopia car care about 18 months ago. When I got it however and used it for a bit I thought it was a load of rubbish, pretty good if you are in a hurry and want to get it done in no time at all but for the following problems:

1) Absolutely useless for a car such as evo due to all the angles, ridges and uneven surfaces (bonnet, sills, spoiler etc). This thing is designed for smooth bonnets, sides, front end and boot.

2) The pads were terrible for soaking up all the wax, resin - you could apply wax and it would simply be absorbed into the pads. Very very thirsty on your products.

3) Too heavy; the most common advice was to use the 'weight' of the porter cable and not to press against it. However, on sensitive newish paintwork such as black/grey I found that using a carnauba wax, the grey pads (softest at the time) and a low/medium setting would result in fine swirl marks if you simply allowed the weight of the PC to press against the paintwork. The best option was to alleviate some of the weight of the PC - a tricky business at best when attempting to guage what weight should be applied when doing all the different surface angles of the car.

In the end it was pretty apparent that using your hands or the p21s wax applicator is still the best way to apply wax to the car and a half decent microfibre towel to remove excess.

mark

#24 ·
Well i guess that answers that, cheers Bex and Mr Global :D

Can't have swirly marks all over my nice new car now can we...

Will be in touch soon for an order...have passed on the web address to all i know, so good luck with the venture. :smthumbup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.