Lancer Register Forum banner

Evo 260 not that fast?

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  MCEVO 
#1 ·
Hey chaps,

Just an enquiry really. I have an 04 reg 350z. My best friend has an 04 reg 260 evo. We frequently have blasts together, but from a roll i can walk him pretty good. My question is, what is restricting the 260's and also what are the differences between a normal evo and one of these? I am pretty dissappointed with the speed of his evo and hope all the evos are not this slow. Can anybody shed some light on the situation. Your thoughts are appreciated

Cheers,

DanC

#2 ·
...what..?

..tell your pal, he "must try harder!"... :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :mockery: eaten by a Z :wallbang: poor guy must be beside himself :goingmad: ...

The greatest restriction to the std. 260 is the twin in-line CAT's... Bypass the 2nd (talk to PRINGLE or me) and you get a much more free-flowing system, audible feedback and better response. Bypass the first (you need to re-chip or re-program) and all hell breaks loose! :utahere:

You've asked a really BIG question wrt the 'differences', I don't want this to sound like a cop-out answer but it'd probably be easier to trawl thru the forum to get a full picture - as it'd take all day to write the differences in one post...

It's worth noting that the 260 is a very-tame version of an EVO as std., where-as the 350Z is Nissan's pride and joy in the light of having no 'real' skyline, you have more than your pal does - who is to say who would have more after a little bit of tinkering??? :confused: :blush:

#4 ·
I guess that is what i was getting at. I realise there are differences, but what say in a drag race- in car lengths- would there be between a 260 and say a full fat fq300, purely as an indication of the difference in speed up to about 120? This would be on a private runway by the way.

#5 ·
the FQ would beat you due to more power, better traction,
also gearing is better suited to the power than in the 260
+ dependant upon length of the erm...'private runway'
but it's unlikely you'd catch up....as the fq would be too far ahead of you at 100mph

#11 ·
Yeah could be mate could be... either way i still cannot see how a 350Z is alot quicker as this chap is stating :)

I do however love the 350Z which was on my shopping list a year or so ago, so am not slatting it.

#12 ·
I suppose if you take just stats and not 'on-road' performance...
0-60 for the 350z is 5.7 as opposed to 6.1 for the 260
so would assume the Z will be ahead through 100mph as well

but, as I said above...add some wet tarmac, a few bends & it becomes a different story ;)

:)

#13 ·
350Z has a 0-100 time of 14.8 compared to the 260s time of 13.8

My mag here has the 260 quicker to 60 too :p i know mate its all on paper, 10 laps of Brands and i think the Evo would win.

I shall shut up now before i come across as biased :crackup:

#19 ·
The 350z is a really nice car. I went for a test drive in one whilst deciding. But the real life performance difference between this and the FQ300 I tried was staggering.

The 350z was cumbersome in comparison. That's not detracting from the car, as it was a great car...just not on par with an evo performance wise, whether it be from a stop, or a roll.

#20 ·
Sim_Evo said:
Can only be down to the driver in this case. He'd probably beat me too as i'm not the best driver in the world :rolleyes:
I doubt a 350z would even beat a 260. I had a run in with 350z going up a slip road to a motorway. From a standing start to the end of the slip I had pulled 3 car lengths on him, and that was after over taking around the outside on a bend. Before you say it he was trying, I could hear his V6 burbling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.