Lancer Register Forum banner

Thinking of selling the Mak

3K views 75 replies 36 participants last post by  RS_BOTT 
#1 ·
After having Struggled to pay for a 5 yr loan on the IV which we did, we paid outright for the mak last April, but of late I find its a shame its garaged most of the time as I work from home, only being used now and again. Andy the other half says what the hell its paid for but I feel it could be just losing money when we could invest in some place abroad my family don't help by always commenting on get yourself a little runaround instead of intimidating boy racers etc :( I love the car to bits but dont know what to do.

As most of you know I'm up for a joke but this isn't one :(

#2 ·
Well a place abroad is the way to go. Turkey is an up and coming area to buy. They are close to getting into Europe and that would mean a big price increase in property.

But then again getting the Mak out for a spin is probably a joyus occasion too.

Really depends on what u fancy at the time ;)

Good Luck with your decision

:group:

#3 ·
cheers hobs, was looking at Bulgaria Andy was on about buying land with a fishing lake and stocking it :) not really my cup of tea but tis a thought people pay a lot for those log cabin things.

But I do love being out in the mak :(

#5 ·
Yeah recently people have caught on about Bulgaria. Think a lot of people are buying property out there. You have to be very careful with the Law's and stuff so make sure if you do, do it to get someone with the legal knowledge.

Not sure about the fishing. What about a lap dancing club instead. The MLR members could all come for a weekend?

Get out in the Mak and teach those kiddies what it's all about and then tell me u wanna sell the beauty

:hammerhea

#7 ·
If i was in your position, i would sell the Mak, only because you have had fun in it now and as Hobbers said, property would be a sound investment in somewhere like Turkey / Bulgaria.

Although its nice to take the Mak out every now and then, it is a bit of a waste sitting in the garage, but good luck also, its never a nice situation to be in ;)

Richard

#8 ·
lap dancing now theres a thought, went to go out in the mak today but me darn kid had left the inside light on ... duff battery since last wednesday, Jumpstarted it " yes I know the red thing is positive and black negative " :D rumble rumble I need to take it for a blip tomorrow.

Why is it families always niggle you about your way of life :(

#10 ·
Makes said:
Why is it families always niggle you about your way of life :( [/B]
I am sure they think we are bored owning an Evo or something. Stupid fools...... Makes as long as your Happy love that is all that matters. Yes you have to consider your kiddies too but I am sure they enjoy there lives. I know I would if my Mum drove a Mak :D

#13 ·
I get moaned at all the time about mine - had it for 20 minutes tonight - ****** to 'em, i'm keeping mine - well, as good as keeping it.

You use your car more than some on here, so i wouldnt be swayed by the fact you dont use it that much, but there again, if you feel the need to buy property abroad then it would be a very good deposit, thats for sure.

Property would be the only reason i wouldnt ever own an Evo - so i know where your coming from, but like i say, if your selling for the simple fact you dont use her that often, then that would be a real shame. Besides, the car will stay nicer for longer, and you could always get a little run about for nipping to the shops in ;)

#16 ·
MAD WOMAN

now I know you've flipped :crackup: :crackup:

Get up in the morning get it out of the garage, flog it down the motorway then decide :D

Anyway the less you use it the better it will hold it's value.

Get a proper job like the rest of us an sit in it in traffic jams all day :eek:

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Julie you lknow you love TOMMI too much to sell him ;)

edited too say...

remember how you felt when you sold the four :cry: :cry:

#19 ·
Makes said:
After having Struggled to pay for a 5 yr loan on the IV which we did, we paid outright for the mak last April, but of late I find its a shame its garaged most of the time as I work from home, only being used now and again. Andy the other half says what the hell its paid for but I feel it could be just losing money when we could invest in some place abroad my family don't help by always commenting on get yourself a little runaround instead of intimidating boy racers etc :( I love the car to bits but dont know what to do.

As most of you know I'm up for a joke but this isn't one :(
i agree with u luv, its a waste of money if u aint using it, best spend the money either on investment and u cant beat a deposit in a nice house and the value will grow too

all the best luv :)

#20 ·
Makes said:
Why is it families always niggle you about your way of life :(
If I didn't have my evo my mother would have nothing to talk to me about when she calls.

"But Adrian, it's so loud and dangerous, why can't you get a sensible car? Why didn't you use the money for a deposit on the house? It costs so much to insure and run...." :yawn:

#21 ·
Makes said:
Jason :cry: :cry: we worked hard to get it thats the point, i saw your mak and wanted one :D now i feel i'm not using it to its potential :(

and hobssie ;) :D :beerchug:
Reckon you and Andy should get yourselves booked on the Nurburg trip :) Then you can use it to its potential :coolsm:

I have had this dilema, but instead of selling my car to buy a new house, I just spent more money on it :eek: :D

Only you can make the right choice Julie, but I think you know that it's got to be KEEP IT :D

Bex :angel:

#23 ·
sell/keep

only you know what you want out of life ???
but bear in mind property abroard isnt as cheap as people make out ,ive been watching turkey for a while and you can buy an apartment by the coast for about £35000 +10 % ontop for solicitors/registery
i know how things work in spain coz i find property for people on the costa del sol coast/inland, its easy for us coz we speak spanish,
but ive heard of probs in turkey/bulgaria
but like i say its possible better to use the evo a little than loose that buzzzz for ever,i dont use mine very much either, i suffer with a flat battery all the time come to think of it today was the a normal day flat battery,
PSbuy a trickle charger im going to
good luck STU :D :D :D :D

#24 ·
I too only get to use it at weekends and find myself thinking about the money tied up in it, but then the weekend comes around and I get to take it for a spin.......
Yes they are expensive to keep and yes you can use the money more sensibly, but the way I look at it is I go to work to enjoy my weekends, and part of that enjoyment each week is taking the Evo for a blast.

Just have a good think before you make your mind up.

Good Luck!

Lee

#26 ·
Running an evo could never really be called sensible, so selling up and investing in property is definitely the correct option.

Having said that I love my car to bits and despite the fact it also spends most of its life in the garage and the money tied up in it could be used to purchase a larger/second home - I'm going to keep it, its too big a part of my life and makes me who I am, is the reason I get out of bed at 6 a.m. on freezing cold winter mornings and after all, you only live once.

I'm sure you'll make the right decission - after all if you do sell it its not like there's a shortage of evos out there if you have a change of heart.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.