Lancer Register Forum banner

MR300 or 340?

617 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  forest172 
#1 ·
Im about to put a deposit down on a 05 plate MR300 but i was wondering if it would be worth paying a little extra for the 340?

The 05 plate 300 is 22995,does that sound about right.

Thanks for any advice.

#6 ·
get the 320!
as said before, the plug in ecu module that forms the 340 will be removed and thrown away, so the 340 is a waste of money.

however, the 320 will give you the hks hard pipe kit for the intercooler and hks super dragger exhaust.

i am not gonna get into major arguments about the exhaust as well all know others are available. and can argue all day about what is best.

my advice, get the 320, add a decat pipe (65 quid) add a decent induction kit like apexi (bout 150 quid) then add a ecutek upgrade to the ecu (bout 550) that will see you at the back end of 300hp getting nearer to 400. (would expect 370 ish but u might be lucky and get a bit more)

not bad for the total cost of around 800 quid in parts.

if you plan to go above 400, get the 300 model, add better exhaust, engine internals and use motec ecu instead of ecutek.

however with this route expect big bills! talking bout running into thousands.

my advice, specd the 800 quid, have 380 ish hp and a reliable car

#7 ·
Go for the 300 option mate - the HKS hard piping kit and HKS super drager exhaust (that comes with the MR FQ320) are mediocre at best. If you are looking for half decent performance gains then you are guaranteed to replace those items with a better performing exhaust and induction kit (the APS kit seems to be flavour of the year).

As for the MR FQ340, well from experience of owning one it is simply not worth it for the badly tailored leather seats, laughable smartnav (they use O2 so its always losing connection) and the dastek/daltek Unichip. In fact, if you do modify the car; as Aidy mentioned - you will have to ditch the unichip so you are losing 1500 quid straight away. The unichip has some very narrow tolerance thresholds when modifying the car as it was specifically designed to work with the mods that come with the fq340 as standard.

For cheap high octane thrills; APS 3.5"/3.0" exhaust , APS cold air induction kit and EcuTek remap by WRC or 'The Dentist'. Probably looking at about 1500-1700 quid for about 330+ bhp.

Obviously, once you go down the modification route then you lose the absolutely outstanding warranty that Mitsubishi provide.

Mark

#10 ·
good price at £22995 is that pre-reg with del. miles?

As for which to go for, well I`ve got a 320 with the 340 upgrade chip, and that`s fast enough for me!!! M3`s for breakfast, even gave a R6 a run for it`s money!!

If your going the tuning route go for the 300. If staying standard 340 the way to go. Whatever enjoy!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.