Lancer Register Forum banner

Race Fuel/Race Tyres @ TOTB = CHEATING

4K views 47 replies 29 participants last post by  jetskidia 
#1 ·
I noticed a number of cars openly cheating at TOTB by using Hoosier drag tyres that are definitely not road legal and race fuel was been sold to competitors openly from that guy with the stand.
Did any of the MLR team cheat?

Pierre

#8 ·
ashills said:
car was mapped on 98 but i ran 106 as a saftey measure engines cost to much :)

the tyres were all dot marked so road legal but doubt many cars go to sainsburys on drag tyres lol
Hoosier do sell dot marked tyres BUT found this on their website:-

"NOT FOR HIGHWAY USE: All Hoosier Racing Tires including DOT labeled Hoosier Racing Tires are designed for racing purposes only on specified racing surfaces and are not to be operated on public roadways. DOT labeled Hoosier Racing Tires meet Department Of Transportation requirements for marking and performance only and are NOT INTENDED FOR HIGHWAY USE. It is unsafe to operate any Hoosier Racing Tire including DOT tires on public roads. The prohibited use of Hoosier Racing Tires on public roadways may result in loss of traction, unexpected loss of vehicle control, or sudden loss of tire pressure, resulting in a vehicle crash and possible injury or death."

#9 ·
22bPierre said:
Hoosier do sell dot marked tyres BUT found this on their website:-

"NOT FOR HIGHWAY USE: All Hoosier Racing Tires including DOT labeled Hoosier Racing Tires are designed for racing purposes only on specified racing surfaces and are not to be operated on public roadways. DOT labeled Hoosier Racing Tires meet Department Of Transportation requirements for marking and performance only and are NOT INTENDED FOR HIGHWAY USE. It is unsafe to operate any Hoosier Racing Tire including DOT tires on public roads. The prohibited use of Hoosier Racing Tires on public roadways may result in loss of traction, unexpected loss of vehicle control, or sudden loss of tire pressure, resulting in a vehicle crash and possible injury or death."
You should get out more :crackup:

#11 ·
flatfourROAR said:
MLR winners please take trophies back to the TOTB stand.this instant!!! yeah right :)
Most of the Top 10 interpretated the rules creatively not just you guys. The scrutineering was pathetic as I saw one rwd Skyline running on slicks yet others times/runs were excluded for minor infringements.

#20 ·
MADMAT said:
It would be nice to see a proper scruteneering set up at TOTB and bring in rules such as road legal tyres to be used, only pump fuel and you have to drive your car to the event. :)
Certain Hoosier drag radials are road legal! They are DOT approved, as you stated in your quote.

Whats the issue with using race fuel? it's not illegal to use race fuel on the road either?

It's hardly cheating or underhand, everyone could see what everyone was doing & could have done exactly the same themselves :rolleyes:

I don't see what the obsession is with driving your car there either - I drove mine there last year, other than it cost me a ****ing fortune in petrol, it's a bitch to drive & I can't be bothered. Trailering it is a much better idea & more cost effective too :)

#21 ·
C# said:
Certain Hoosier drag radials are road legal! They are DOT approved, as you stated in your quote.

Whats the issue with using race fuel? it's not illegal to use race fuel on the road either?

It's hardly cheating or underhand, everyone could see what everyone was doing & could have done exactly the same themselves :rolleyes:

I don't see what the obsession is with driving your car there either - I drove mine there last year, other than it cost me a ****ing fortune in petrol, it's a bitch to drive & I can't be bothered. Trailering it is a much better idea & more cost effective too :)
Aye :)

The rules did not state that race fuel was not to be used. There was a rather woolly 'the organisers would appreciate you not running race fuel' clause so everyone felt free to use race fuel obviously. Unless you prohibit it, then people will use it. Especially when they allow nitrous, which is i believe, illegal to use on the road?

As to the trailer issue, a lot of people trailer the car there so that they know they can get it home if they snap something, not because it is not capable of driving there.

On the tyre issue, some people were having a laugh though. I saw one of the front wheel drive cars running Colway tarmac rally tyres, which are not road legal anywhere :)

#23 ·
they were running within the constraints of the meeting and to push performance you have to have these things such as fuel to keep the motor reliable,

what makes me laugh is the amount of cars there with all the kit on and what a bunch of amatures , it was shite, with the exception of the mlr team on handling and a few cars it was like watching paintb dry and had there not been the handling course well it would have been proper shite, but that made the day for me again big up team,

i mean people were still queuing coming in at 1.30pm unbelivable, just a shame there was nothing interesting to watch :confused:

although a lot of cars did look quality thats all they did look good :crackup:

#25 ·
Hate to tell you but those Hoosier drag tyres ARE DOT marked. DOT marking does not make tyres legal in the UK though, as the UK requirement is for tyres to be 'E' marked. DOT is the US marking, which is why they say they are legal for highway use.

Race fuel is not legal on the roads except one or two types (eg. Cool Blue 106 is, 76 racing FT and Klotz stuff isn't).
Nitrous isn't legal on the roads either but plenty of people were using that too.

#26 ·
Evil_Sid said:
Hate to tell you but those Hoosier drag tyres ARE DOT marked. DOT marking does not make tyres legal in the UK though, as the UK requirement is for tyres to be 'E' marked. DOT is the US marking, which is why they say they are legal for highway use.

Race fuel is not legal on the roads except one or two types (eg. Cool Blue 106 is, 76 racing FT and Klotz stuff isn't).
Nitrous isn't legal on the roads either but plenty of people were using that too.
I think you will find the tyres they were using were E Marked too :)

Absolute rubbish about using race fuel on the road - there is nothing to say you can't use it. Whether your car passes emissions tests is another story, but it is not illegal to use on the road.

Again, Nitrous isn't illegal... It's illegal to use, but not to have. Since they are not racing on a public road, it is thus not illegal. As the organisers have confirmed countless times...

If there was a drag spec Evo there which beat Keith Cowie's Skyline running Hoosiers, race fuel & N20 i'm sure people wouldn't whinging as much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.