Lancer Register Forum banner

Japanese Auction Grades - Advice/Experience Please

560 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  SG 1969 
#1 ·
If a car is Grade 4 at a Japanese auction (Evo IV) how good is that?

Any advice/experience would be much appreciated.

#5 ·
Probably get flamed for this but:

The auction grades can be useless to judge how good a condition a car is in,

Sometimes bumpers are replaced after minor damage like a snap in the plastic and the whole car is classed as R because of this. :confused:

Sometimes the grade R cars are better than the grade 3-4 cars, If your going for an import then get a good company to help you out and give you advice on what cars to bid on.

Pm me if you want to know the name of the compnay I used, Very professional and knows the market in Japan. Also checks every car before bidding. I had two turned down by him because they weren't up to scratch after he inspected them.

Steve :)

#6 ·
my car has just arrived into Liverpool and is waiting for me to pick it up,its a grade 4.5 car which is classified as having no marks on it at all,as doink says grade R cars are worth a look you buying agent should be able to tell you what has been replaced,the bidding is strong on these cars though,just ask if you need more info,or log onto
www.tmimports.net or
www.japaneseauctions.co.uk
you will get a run down of the grading systems on these sites
cheers
steven

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.