Lancer Register Forum banner

Has Anyone Had Their Evo Stolen Or Any Attempts In The Hull Area?

3K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  woosh 
#1 ·
I was woken by my car alarm going off last night about 2am,ive been having a bit of trouble with it anyway so i thought it was just that,i got up quick to check anyway and saw a b.m.w(black/dark blue) speeding off.So i got dressed and shot downstairs and outside to check my car,after having a look round i found the n/s/r quarterlight was broken and someone had actually reached round and opened the door(it was still not closed properly so they either tried shuting it after the alarm had gone off or never got it open).i got some cardboard to put over the window and as i was cutting it to shape(bobbed down at the kerbside) i saw a car coming up the street slowly and then it parked up,it was the b.m.w again and two black guys opened both doors and just stood there looking at me i went round to my drivers door and picked up my 'persuader' and carried on cutting the cardboard.when they hung around for a bit i got worried(knives/guns etc)so i told the missus to ring the police while i carried on my stand-off with them i just knew it was the same guys(not many people just pull up and stand with their doors open in the rain at 2am) they eventually got back in the car 1 at a time and then drove pass really slowly the reg number was Y541 XBL so if you see it anywhere about just be aware.I rang the police and got the usual 'take a number and get in line',meanwhile the cheeky fookers had another drive by for another look.For the record i live down a street with terraced houses all the way down.Has anyone else had any suspicious activity involving this b.m.w?
now ive got that off my chest im off to try and find a replacement quarterlight
later folks

See less See more
#3 ·
any news on this? suppose the reg plate was a dead end or they wouldnt have come back

they had some cheek coming back in the first place - how would they know if you had called the police in the 1st instance???

#8 ·
I rang the police up cos they still haven't been round they said they were really sorry but they haven't got anyone spare to come round not even special agent 'doofy' the reality is there probably too busy pinching kids with no lights on their bikes.The car reg i reported did not come up as stolen(yet) so it could be their own car they were in,any chance you can get an address from that reg as well and i'll go see em' with 'old painless' and that should sort this problem out its about time we stood up to these bas@#ds and showed them whose boss instead of having to feel vunerable for owning a decent car.people of the lancer register unite!!!!!!(i have a dream etc)we probably do more to help each other with these problems then all the damn police force put together.For those people who have had the unfortunate hassle of theft or attempted theft of your pride and joy i can truly sympathise with the frustrations you have to endure.anyway ill shut up now and will keep you guys/gals posted
later
Dave

#9 ·
Keep your pecker up Dave,

Some saddo wannabies tried to nick my Evo 4 few years back it was only left the one night outside and they smashed the back quarter light but the madwoman descended and they scarpered :mad: :mad: £500 bill for a new door handle and spray bstids at least they never got away with yr pride and joy, I was lucky (best method is to say intruders are still at your property as they were in next doors back garden trying to jump the fence!) that way the cops do make an appearance :D

#10 ·
i got my motor last oct,less than 3 weeks old it went i work on a building site i left my keys in portacabin/office in a briefcase i went down site and car went within 2 minutes,there was pleny of people around the thieving twa* actually skimmed the plumbers leg as he saw what was happening and tried to block him,luckily he was ok he phoned 999 straight away i phoned trakstar they were kin brilliant they tracked the car instantly and it only went about 3 miles and was parked/hidied in a school carpark.plod were with it within 45 mins they even sent out helicopter as they saw movement on a nearby hill,apparently the scumbags wait for a couple of hours to see if tracker fitted then if no plod it goes abroad usually within 48 hours so police told me,3 months later i get contact from police saying someone arrested for it but charged git with handling stolen goods not theft,i since heard other day he got 6 months to run concurrent with a sentance now serving for drugs importation,this all happened in doncaster area.car was returned by mitsubishi breakdown cover to my home address totally undamaged and not a thing inside touched.hopefully he now in doncatraz getting his arse banged by mr big every night in the showers

#12 ·
dave
sorry to hear - i live in hull too (east) but evo is locked up tight in the garage,had my astra window smashed a couple of months ago they stole snooper that was in glove box (my fault left cable connected into ashtray so visible).
be nice if boys in blue took as much notice of theft as they do speeding - silly me no money in theft for them !!!

#13 ·
Still nothing from the police not even a phone call and the attempted theft was sunday morning at 2.15.Jeez never knew there were so many evo owners round here im from east hull as well but im from the hood so thats why i have so much hassle i guess,last night some young girl in her 20's decided to smash someones front window in with a hammer,turns out i have drug dealers living 4 doors down from me :eek: never mind,never a dull moment down here,for the record the police were there in 15 mins.ok does anyone know where i can buy sandbags and an a.k 47 from may need them soon ;)
later
Dave

#15 ·
:crackup: :crackup: sorry let me elaborate the hood is not an area of hull its a american slang term for a rough area eg the hood,ghetto,bronx etc sorry for laughing but that was so funny,how come i never see you out and about in your car round hull or is it because you dont want the same happening to you what happened to me.
later peter that seriously cracked me up :crackup: :crackup:

#16 ·
What a bunch of f**king wa*kers!!! You should have put that persuader thru their fu*king window mate... :mad: Its time we set up our own FIRM and hunted these people down, ;) since the police dont seem to be doing anything.. Im sure they couldnt resist a baited evo sitting on its own in the street with a group of us lot in a tinted van waiting for them?? :D

#18 ·
police have been down tonight and took a statement,isn't it strange when your telling some one about the turn of events it all seems blown out of proportion.
'so you never saw anyone break your window you just saw a black bmw drive off fooking fast,then a black bmw just happened to come back and 2 guys stood with the doors open looking like rabbits in car headlights at you for 5 mins'but i cant prove anything with this evidence(damn it)the only good thing is that if any of you guys have trouble and the bmw turns up maybe the've got something to go on.
to be fair the 'copper' was really alright and helpful but doubts anything else will happen soon,at least he was honest.
oh well till the 'evo death squad' rises up to fight these high profile twokers the cops are all we've got.
later folks and be careful out there
Dave :blah:

#21 ·
get a couple of petrol cut offs installed

i got a coulpe of petrol cut offs a electric cut off and a sterling cat 1 alarm/imobliser also de door locked. i leave the electric one on and the petrol turned off on a night so i would be able to hear them and break their fu**in legs

#23 ·
i got a coulpe of petrol cut offs a electric cut off and a sterling cat 1 alarm/imobliser also de door locked. i leave the electric one on and the petrol turned off on a night so i would be able to hear them and break their fu**in legs
What does insurance cost you in Hull - it must be astronomical? I remember getting silly quotes for insurance on an old landrover when I first passed my test. Insurance was more than the vehicle was worth.

Former Hull boy here :wave:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.