Lancer Register Forum banner

Elephant.co.uk

2K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  Razor 
#1 ·
:type: If you are after insurance give these a try. They like evo's, my 340 comprehensively covered for £885 with protected NCD and they dont even equire a tracker etc. :shout:

Just thought I'd pass it on. :moon: :smthumbup

#11 ·
However,

Elephant don't like modification, they will not allow any mods to the engine and any mods they will accept they will charge extra for and will not replace if you have a claim, so they ain't that brilliant. I'm moving insurer in September.

#14 ·
STAY AWAY from them they dont pay out !!!!!!!!!!!!! had my 306gti nicked when l was on my hols from my garage broke in to that first then tuck my car ..... elephant said my garage was not safe enough ?? it was lock & even had a post on my drive [ that was cut down ] disc lock fitted & a clifford l didnt get a penny off them !!

#18 ·
leggy said:
STAY AWAY from them they dont pay out !!!!!!!!!!!!! had my 306gti nicked when l was on my hols from my garage broke in to that first then tuck my car ..... elephant said my garage was not safe enough ?? it was lock & even had a post on my drive [ that was cut down ] disc lock fitted & a clifford l didnt get a penny off them !!
Did you pursue this matter with trading standards or watchdog, this sounds very odd.

#19 ·
l did mate it went to court in there small print as with all insurance companys they have loop holes were they can get away with it .... if you say you car is kept in a garage over night then your garage has to be totaly sercure !!! its like if you when to bed & left it on the drive over night for any reason & it got nicked they can say bad luck it should have been in the garage ..... it would have been easyer for them just to pay me afew grand for my 306 l would stay well away ....

wombat231170
lm 32 full no claims car has tracker & everything fitted its an E1 at the end of the day [ cheap cars] Aplan 01635874646 are very good

#22 ·
jase_r said:
i just had a quote of them, evo vi, age 32, 9 years no claims, 5 points speeding and they want £1700 :eek: :eek: i think there having a laugh
must depend on postcodes and points etc... fickle world this car insurance, the last company I was with (tailored insurance) provided cover for my Ferrari 360 for £2850, they quoted me £3087 for the Evo on renewel!!!! :crackup:

#23 ·
i was with elephant but was pi55ed off when i changed cars .i had a sapp cosworth with them and an evo 4 .i swapped both 4 a tme cos i wanted to cut down to 2 cars .the cossy had a lot to run on the insurance so i was hoping to swap it over to the tme .thay wouldnt cover my tme cos it wasnt on their list of cars .the evo 4 was just running out and i didnt renew ,they quoted 791.00 fully comp protected .to renew.i cancelled the cossy ins and got a good price from loyds tsb for the tme 666.00 thats full comp protected full no claims ,clean licience and im 38 inc my wife on it shes 32 .thats with 500 xs and have to have a tracker and a cat 1 .

#24 ·
gaz007 said:
i was with elephant but was pi55ed off when i changed cars .i had a sapp cosworth with them and an evo 4 .i swapped both 4 a tme cos i wanted to cut down to 2 cars .the cossy had a lot to run on the insurance so i was hoping to swap it over to the tme .thay wouldnt cover my tme cos it wasnt on their list of cars .the evo 4 was just running out and i didnt renew ,they quoted 791.00 fully comp protected .to renew.i cancelled the cossy ins and got a good price from loyds tsb for the tme 666.00 thats full comp protected full no claims ,clean licience and im 38 inc my wife on it shes 32 .thats with 500 xs and have to have a tracker and a cat 1 .
i had the same thing when i went from an sti v4 to my tme, they said that it wasn't on there list of cars.

#25 ·
With the garage situation Elephant don't charge anymore whether it is left on the Street, drive or garage, so I tell them it's left on the street in case I leave it at a friends one night, even though it's garaged.
Try Bell Direct, they also insure through Admiral like Elephant but I found them slightly cheaper but like G7 Rye says it all varies on postcode etc.

#26 ·
Don't know how you guys get your cover so cheap?

I am 26, I live in Devon, in the lowest risk post code (told by several insurers), with car kept off road, cat1 alarm, tracker, no points and 7 yrs NCD.

Having spent several evenings calling insurers for hours at a time, my lowest quote was £1335!

What am I doing wrong, there seems to be people on here much younger, living in higher risk areas, paying less than me, it kind of pi$$es me off a bit.

Any ideas how I can lower my premiums for next year?, as I can't afford to keep paying this much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.