Lancer Register Forum banner

IX GT Here soon advice please

708 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  chrislewis 
#1 ·
Gt arriving very soon now,couple of quick questions if any one can help

1, quite concerned over this running lean issue and turbos going pop specially as no warranty can anyone advise on the problem

im looking at these mods what do you think

APS 3.5" exhaust
APS intercooler kit
APS induction kit & i/c spray relocation bottle
APS twin sound dump valve
Ralliart ECU

2, Is there anywhere you can buy a decent warranty from

3,i persume the gt will come without badging on the boot so looking for a company that does something similar to whats on the uk cars

4,decent alarm/imobiliser

5,Ive got the 6 speaker set up factory fitted what sort of adaptor do i need to connect a headunit to the cars loom

All help apreciated

cheers

chris

See less See more
#4 ·
Originally posted by chrislewis
> 1, quite concerned over this running lean issue and turbos going

Haven't heard of any problems. I doubt that Mitsi would make cars that run lean out of the box. Jap cars tend to run rich for safety.

> im looking at these mods what do you think

Sounds ok. Wouldn't bother with the induction kit or dump valve but each to their own. With the RalliArt ECU your fuelling should be fine.

> 2, Is there anywhere you can buy a decent warranty from

No.

> 4,decent alarm/imobiliser

Clifford C600; it's the daddy.

#5 ·
Apparently it run leans (dangerously) between 3k and 3.5k revs, has been known to melt the mag turbo. This only applies to cars that have components that increase boost and/or airflow (such as induction etc) - again apparently.

So therefore it is not a good idea to apply exhaust, induction etc unless:

1) Your car has the ecu patch applied
2) You have a third party ecu supplied.

As its an ECU mapping problem, putting a fuel pump on it wont help either.

Notice I use the word the 'apparently' a lot - still unconfirmed by certain sources and confirmed by other sources.

I dunno about the Ralliart ECU being available/compatible with the mivec EVO IX mind.

HTH

Mark

#6 ·
Re: Re: IX GT Here soon advice please

Thanks mate ,i was beginning to think i was here on my own
cheers
chris
Aidy said:
> 1, quite concerned over this running lean issue and turbos going

Haven't heard of any problems. I doubt that Mitsi would make cars that run lean out of the box. Jap cars tend to run rich for safety.

> im looking at these mods what do you think

Sounds ok. Wouldn't bother with the induction kit or dump valve but each to their own. With the RalliArt ECU your fuelling should be fine.

> 2, Is there anywhere you can buy a decent warranty from

No.

> 4,decent alarm/imobiliser

Clifford C600; it's the daddy.

#7 ·
cheers mark, a bit worring really on a car without warranty.is there anyway of telling if the car has had the fix at the factory

Have you done much to yours yet

cheers

chris

GlobalGB said:
Apparently it run leans (dangerously) between 3k and 3.5k revs, has been known to melt the mag turbo. This only applies to cars that have components that increase boost and/or airflow (such as induction etc) - again apparently.

So therefore it is not a good idea to apply exhaust, induction etc unless:

1) Your car has the ecu patch applied
2) You have a third party ecu supplied.

As its an ECU mapping problem, putting a fuel pump on it wont help either.

Notice I use the word the 'apparently' a lot - still unconfirmed by certain sources and confirmed by other sources.

I dunno about the Ralliart ECU being available/compatible with the mivec EVO IX mind.

HTH

Mark

#8 ·
Still work in progress mate as far as the IX is concerned, a lot of the things getting done to it are dependancies on other things being completed, so its really just a waiting game. :)

ps Ask Nigel with regards to the ECU FIX, I do know that Mitsubishi Japan were applying it to all new cars.

#11 ·
hi chris,
Think i have spoken to you about this before, the turbo problem is caused by the compressor wheel shattering, its a Titanium nitrited item and on a few it goes bang, not all, yes the mapping is lean but not a problem, mine was with Gems a week ago, and the mapping is not easy on these, be carefull. Extreme has had one running with loads of mods on and with loads of miles on with no problems. Drive the car first and run it in before you chose to change things because compared to my 8 .5 it's loads quicker.

#12 ·
Cheers mate, will definatley run standard for a while and see how it goes and see if any of the tuners cars go bang

cheers
chris

rollover said:
hi chris,
Think i have spoken to you about this before, the turbo problem is caused by the compressor wheel shattering, its a Titanium nitrited item and on a few it goes bang, not all, yes the mapping is lean but not a problem, mine was with Gems a week ago, and the mapping is not easy on these, be carefull. Extreme has had one running with loads of mods on and with loads of miles on with no problems. Drive the car first and run it in before you chose to change things because compared to my 8 .5 it's loads quicker.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.