Lancer Register Forum banner

Haynes Motor Museum Open Days - Cars Wanted

3K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  Weebl 
#1 ·
Haynes Motor Museum are holding open days throughout the month of August.

They have been mightily impressed with the way the members of the register comport themselves during our sprints there, and also impressed with the way we throw our cars around the track :D

They have asked if we can have a few cars in attendance, every wednesday through August. Max number of cars will be 4 but 2 will be enough.

The dates will be:
3rd

10th

17th

24th

Not sure about the 31st yet.

What they want is a few cars to show on static display, with a time slot on the track where we are to drive around and generally put on a good show. No timing will be carried out, the objective is to look good, not go fast :)

Obviously there is no charge for this and it would be nice if the MLR can show it's appreciation to Haynes by putting a little back. After all, the days there are universally enjoyed and extremely cheap.

I can attend the first day, the 3rd.

Please let me know if any of you would like to participate :)

See less See more
#9 ·
GTIR250, Ideally we could do with people who know the track so they can put on a good showing, however if we get no takers then i will let you know.

Roger. Again, Ideally we could do with Evo's.

Oli, Feel ill one day :D

spn, Pick a day (or 2?) and let me know :)

Dave, not really, as long as we are there for a good few hours that should be cool?

Patt, looks like you and me tommorow, let me know :)

#12 ·
Well, what a day!

After getting there they asked us if we would mind giving paying passengers PAX rides round the track.

Spent nearly all day whizzing round the track, scaring the living daylights out of unsuspecting punters :D

After we stopped Marvin and I counted up the tickets we had collected (£15 each ticket going to charity :)) and we had done nigh on 100 laps each!

We had also done a set of tyres each but what the hell, it was fun anyway :)

Couple of pictures to follow when i can crawl out the chair and back out to the car to get the camera.

#14 ·
Top day out Lee !

Cought then sun scared little boys and even had an STI owner say "WOW these are SO much quicker than mine!" :D

Only one woman asked me to stop and that was coz the drift boy and I were racing :tsk:

Best 35 miles I've driven ever even if it took a tank of fuel, a set of tyres and almost a sun burnt head :D

Free food and drink helped, but I'm still gonna hit the shower and crash on the sofa for 40 winks - Im pooped :blah:

Thanks again Lee and the MLR

#18 ·
Weebl said:
Well, what a day!

After getting there they asked us if we would mind giving paying passengers PAX rides round the track.

Spent nearly all day whizzing round the track, scaring the living daylights out of unsuspecting punters :D

After we stopped Marvin and I counted up the tickets we had collected (£15 each ticket going to charity :)) and we had done nigh on 100 laps each!

We had also done a set of tyres each but what the hell, it was fun anyway :)

Couple of pictures to follow when i can crawl out the chair and back out to the car to get the camera.
We shall expect a new lap record at the next Haynes sprint ;)

#19 · (Edited)
Dave, if you can get the day clear it is well worth it :)

spn, Excellent. Can you let me know if you are happy to do the Pax laps or just go and park up and do a few demo runs (if you do the pax laps you will probably not be driving home on the tyres you run with)

Unevobloke is running on the 17th.

Dave, they were hooning laps, not quick, but more to give a bit of a spectacle, some of my lines were bloody awful for speed but the car was wagging around like a loon, passengers seemed to like it but i doubt the lap record is in jeopardy :D The guys in the 2 Atoms seemed impressed though? One of them seemed quite suprised at the pace an Evo got round there in :D

Roger, I will be in touch Tommorow re your Toyota, I had a chat with the guy that runs the place and he seemed up for you going anyway :)

Marky, i can put you in for the 17th no probs :) Do you want to do Pax laps or just display?

#22 ·
spn said:
Not wanting to be negative but are we exempt from any liability should anything go wrong ?
Absolutely.

It was one thing i made sure I was clear on before we got started.

Basically they count us as Haynes employees for the day, and all the punters have to sign a similar disclaimer to the one we sign when we sprint there. Public liability is dealt with by them. If you stack it, it is still down to you, but to be honest running passengers i was only driving 9/10'ths and it was quite easy to make it look lairy without going that fast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.