Lancer Register Forum banner

Evo IX GT / RS question

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Mat@MG Autos 
#1 ·
I know Japan's GSR comes with a 6 speed. But can the GT or RS (5 speed stock) have the option to upgrade to a 6 speed? Or is it just the GSR model that gets the 6 speed?
Thanks

#3 ·
burningmoney97 said:
I know Japan's GSR comes with a 6 speed. But can the GT or RS (5 speed stock) have the option to upgrade to a 6 speed? Or is it just the GSR model that gets the 6 speed?
Thanks
No.

The GT has no AYC and 5 speed.

To be honest having done some time with the car the 5-speed is not an issue.

The fuel economy is slight more terrible than the 6-speed version....

The 5-speed is stronger, and I prefer the feel.

#6 ·
jordfald said:
It's not possible to order 6speed gearbox to the GT and RS.
RS and GT is light version models with alu turbo, made for
bulding Gr.N rallycars etc.

GT is a option version of the RS with Recaro, Brembo,
AC, Bilstein etc. RS and GT with 5-speed.
As I said above the GT & RS are not available with 6-speed gearbox.

The RS is not for building rally cars, as it is not homologated, but it targeted for a one make race series on Japan.

The GT is homologated, and is for building rally cars.

The GT & RS come as standard with the Mag turbo, this means that it has a Magnesium compressor housing. This is an option on the GSR.

The Bilsteins are an option on the GT, and standard on the GSR.

#7 ·
Do you have the homologation papers for Evo9?

All other evo's have been homologated on the RS, homologation meens that you must use most oft the parts on the car who was homologated. So if you homologate a car with AC, the you can't remove the AC when build Gr.N rally car.

It was problems with first homologations on Evo8 MR, this car was homologated with 6speed gearbox and NOT LSD back diff.
Then you can't use 5-speed gearbox on the car, you have a problem, not easy to find rallygearbox made on 6speed house.

But maybe they have homologated the GT, I haven't got the papers yet.

#8 ·
jordfald said:
Do you have the homologation papers for Evo9?

All other evo's have been homologated on the RS, homologation meens that you must use most oft the parts on the car who was homologated. So if you homologate a car with AC, the you can't remove the AC when build Gr.N rally car.

It was problems with first homologations on Evo8 MR, this car was homologated with 6speed gearbox and NOT LSD back diff.
Then you can't use 5-speed gearbox on the car, you have a problem, not easy to find rallygearbox made on 6speed house.

But maybe they have homologated the GT, I haven't got the papers yet.
Bearing in mind that they have only made 200 RS's.....

The GT is the car they have homologated, I don't have the papers but this is correct.

I must admit it is a bit strange to have the AC..... but it has!

Ben

#10 ·
also ben the compressor wheel is mag not the cover . it is also not yet clear that the gt will in fact be the rally base . also the evo 8 mr was in fact homolgated with a 6 speed box but a 5 speed gear set . imagine the hassle that threw up along with the ayc diff casing problem . the last works cars did 300 miles before the ayc threw its guts out .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.