Lancer Register Forum banner

Whats the interior like?

2K views 38 replies 12 participants last post by  RSgeoff 
#1 ·
Hi all
Im still not shore which to buy and wonted to know what the inside of the Evo looks like
As you prob guess its either an Evo or a Scoob
Im looking at an Import and have been checking out the prices on a place called Bansia cars if any of you have herd anything good or bad about the company I would like to hear as well
But as for the cars I have seen a few Scoobs but have not seen many Evos mainly cos the asking price was more than I wonted to spend but due to finding Bansia cars it looks like there not as pricey
Im looking maybe at the Evo 4 range so advice is what Im really looking for
Also whats the interior like do they have white dials or black is the millometer in dig or is it clocks
If anybody has any pix and they dont mind posting them or if there are any on thesite and you could point me in the right direction I would be grateful

#10 ·
Thanks for the pix
I think the seats in the Evo 5 look the best 1 hole colour
As for the plastic look well my last car was a Pug 306Gti-6 and that was very plastic and I didnt mind I loved the car
And the Evo doesnt look any different well apart from the coulour schem is that a standard look the black and blue or the red and blue Im looking at the fully loaded version the GSR cant live without me air con and all the other gizmo's now haha
I have to admit the seats look very comfy reminds me of my old RST days nice full set of Recaro's except the colour schem that is :D
Thanks for all the posting the pixs have been a great help
I did notice a knock link sensor is that for the same reason as the Scoob Imports due to them being use to 100 Ron fuel grade?

And is it easier to get the Ecu remaped to run on UK fuel than it is on a Scoob
I ask this as I read up on some details here the other day and it said that all Evo's are really Imports apart from the newer version there designed for UK use
I know from having an Import already there restrected to 112mph so again the car needs that sorted

I use to work for Mitsubishi and I also have an Imported Paj 4x4 which runs well are the Evos like all of the Mitsi range robust and reliable?

#11 · (Edited)
Kris,

I got my Evo a week ago after owning a GTi-6 for four years. When they come into the Country they are delimited anyway and the clocks and fog light sorted in the SVA test at the docks.

Good luck with the search though ;)

You dont need to remap the ECU unless you want to run it on 95 Ron for some crazy reason. Just use Super unleaded and you will be fine.

#13 ·
Im hopping I can get a good deal for the same money that I sold my Gti-6 for which is about £5500 which is Y Im looking at the Evo 4 I dont really like the look of the earlier models they remind me of a BMW or a Vaxhall Carlton from the back :D
And again cos of the amount Im looking for I know Im not going to get a good example Evo 5
And even though I know I will be corrected with this comment it doenst seem there is much difference between the Evo 4 and 5
Please dont shout at me Im only going on what was writen in the Evo brouchers that are on the site

I have been looking on a company site called Bansai cars you put your bid in and they deal with the Aution in Japan
Im not rushing to buy as I got to get a little speeding ticket sorted
And fingers X I may be able to convince the magistrates not to give me the points as it was somebody test driving my 6 back in December
They went through a mobile camera and I had no idea they were there so didnt take the drivers details
And as I didnt know the car had gone through a camera until at least 2 or 3 weeks after the event I think Homer would have to give a big Doh...!

Thanks for the advice on the fuel Tom by the way is your Evo a 4 by chance and did you use to goto the 306 Gti/Ralley owners club forum..?

I think the golden rule when buying any car is you pay more to get a good 1
Im looking into warrentys and all that as well if I can will prob go for the AA one though I had it before and there pretty good I had to make a claim and they were on the ball big time with me and I got me money within a few days of paying for the repair work so cant complain

#15 ·
Good luck with selling your 6 it takes a while for the right person to come along to buy your car, even mine took ages it was about a month I think and it had done well under 30k when I sold mine :)

What made you go for the Evo over the Scoob I have noticed you get more for your money buying an Evo 4 if I went for a Scoob of the same age about a 97 I wouldnt get pass air bag or white dials and dig odometer and I really wont them in my next car along with air con :D

Also if you dont mind telling me were did you buy your Evo from and did you pay loads for it
If I buy an Evo I have to buy from out of the UK the prices are just too high

Also whats the steering like compared to the 6 I really liked the way mine huged the road and also the fact I could feel what was going on most Power Steering cars you dont get any feel for what the raod is like under your wheels and it feels like your scating on ice and the faster you go the less feel you have :( I hate that feeling
I ask cos we have both owned a 6 and know if you compare it to that then Im onto a winner

#16 ·
jane & mike said:
2nd pic is of an evo5 gsr.
Do all Evo 5 interio's come up like this as standard?

And also would love to know if anybody has herd any reports about an Import company called

Bansia Cars

Would really like to know as if I buy an Evo I would use these guys but I don't won't to get ripped off :(

#17 ·
Kris,
There are a few MAJOR differences between a 4 & 5 that you should be aware of.

The E4 engine can suffer from crankwalk whereas Mitsi changed the design from E5 onwards and they are less prone. Do a search for crankwalk and you can read all about it.

The E4 pistons are also weaker than the 5+ and can't handle as much boost.

The E4 fuel system is also worse (especially in the electrics to the pump).

This all means that if you start to look into tuning it up in anyway, the best thing most people advise is going out and getting an engine from a 5 or 6.

Andy

#19 ·
AndyF_RSX said:
Kris,
There are a few MAJOR differences between a 4 & 5 that you should be aware of.

The E4 engine can suffer from crankwalk whereas Mitsi changed the design from E5 onwards and they are less prone. Do a search for crankwalk and you can read all about it.

The E4 pistons are also weaker than the 5+ and can't handle as much boost.

The E4 fuel system is also worse (especially in the electrics to the pump).

This all means that if you start to look into tuning it up in anyway, the best thing most people advise is going out and getting an engine from a 5 or 6.

Andy
thanks for that info Andy I have been looking at the Evo 4 and 5 but after reading up and just the general looks of the Evo's I would prefer the Evo 5 the car looks a lot nicer and I like the interior a lot more and as u see the inside more than the out side due to being in it driving I think the 5 is the 1 for me :)
thanks for that info its good to know Im going in the right direction with somthing I just need to know about this company now
Dont supose u would know anything about them would u Andy?

As for the pix EvoGT I have no idea I didnt post it if u go back u will see the original post for the pix

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.