Lancer Register Forum banner

Do I buy another Evo..?

2K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  Razor 
#1 ·
After having had the GT3 for 3 months, have got bored and have sold it, losing mega cash in the process.. :cry:

Fantastic car to own, massive on track performance, but tricky on the road, and compromised by having no real day to day usability.
It is car to have owned, seen and done it and now move on.

Also, you think buying a GT3, that you would get out of the box, track performance without needing to upgrade..

When I bought the car had brand new discs and pads fitted all round by dealer (about 2k).. but after 3 trackdays, discs were already starting to crack. Also standard suspension is not as good as made out, so need mega setting up or replacing, same with standard tyres.

So car is gone and am looking at next purchase.. choice of 2 cars, both previously owned..

An Evo or a CSL...??

Rob

#3 ·
OMG ! I can't believe u have sold the GT3 already ! It sounded the absolute nuts !

I think if u get another Evo get one that has already been modified and let someone else lose the cash instead of yourself .

The Norris Evo 8 is up for sale and that is 600Bhp + !!

Hope u find something M8

#5 · (Edited)
Think you'll be equally disappointed by the CSL - for everyday use, it's a pain - simple things like non-adjustable seats are crazy for a "road" car - better off with M£, but that too will disappoint compared to a well set up EVO...

How about a modified Skyline like this one ? Another "had one" car, and will then confirm your decision to return to EVOdom with a nicely modified IX :D :coolsm:

Enjoy test driving a variety of Maseratis and Lotuses in the meantime :D

Rog

#6 ·
I'm looking for a track tool again, that is useable on the road.

Standard GT3 is not as fast on track, as everyone thinks..

My old Evo 8 was well sorted and would lap Brands Indy 56s, struggled with grip on the GT3 here, (oversteer and understeer).. prob closer to 60s.. :eek:

At Snetterton, GT3 is better, very high speed track..
My old Evo was lapping 1.25s with data log, was lapping 1.24s consistently with GT3.!

#15 ·
mrfq340 said:
I'm looking for a track tool again, that is useable on the road.

Standard GT3 is not as fast on track, as everyone thinks..

My old Evo 8 was well sorted and would lap Brands Indy 56s, struggled with grip on the GT3 here, (oversteer and understeer).. prob closer to 60s.. :eek:

At Snetterton, GT3 is better, very high speed track..
My old Evo was lapping 1.25s with data log, was lapping 1.24s consistently with GT3.!
Rob - You could always buy my E5 - 1m20secs - think what it would do with a good driver :D

<<datalogs>>

#22 ·
If you're bored with a GT3, a CSL will bore you more (trust me) :eek: :eek: .

If you want the best compromise for track / road use, then the Evos & Imprezas of this world are the obvious choice. The Norris Evo is guaranteed to put a smile on your face but if you want something different and can live with two Mondeo engines welded together, the Noble M400 will just about annihilate anything on the road (or track) short of a Radical.

Ah, decisions, decisions..............

Thunderbirds are GO..................Evos go QUICKER

#26 ·
Rob,
I think you have come full circle.I also bought the car of my dreams a couple of years ago,which was a 996 turbo.I only owned it a couple of months,as i yearned for another Evo.For the money,or any money for that matter,the Evo is genuinely hard to beat if outright performance is your thing.Ive looked long and hard at the CSL as well,but the SMG box,which seems to be giving lots of trouble with clutches and slurred gearchanges,and those love them or hate them seats just add fuel to the fire that it has to be the Evo.It seems for people like us that not much in the motoring world can get under your skin like the Evo.I have to admitt that i look at cars in a different way these days,by asking myself what i really want from the car.The Evo is for my own pleasure,for a Sunday morning blast,or to just make me feel good when you bladder it and feel that acceleration and grip.I have an X5 for family duties and long trips which in itself is fantastic for what it is used for.So now youve done the Porsche thing like myself, you can get yourself back into a proper performance car,which will taste all the sweeter now because you dont need a mortgage to buy it.Regards, SIMON. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.