Lancer Register Forum banner

Searching for an EVO 8

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  nickejmartin 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Been searching through the archives on here for the past week or so trying to learn as much as possible about EVOs with a view to buying one very soon. I sold my TVR last week so am now without anything powerful to keep me entertained which is not nice!!!

Having driven a Scooby STI PPP and an EVO V111 FQ 330 back to back last weekend, my mind has been made up, it has to be the EVO........no contest. I just need to find one for decent money now which is where I seem to be struggling.....

Im looking to spend 20K and have found only 2 original spec FQ330s for sale, one of which sold on Tuesday. It seems that I could get an FQ300 thats been upgraded to 330 for less but I understand that this may cost a bit more on Insurance, also, I really really like the half leather in the FQ330.........

So, does anyone know of a car for sale that fits what Im looking for. Ive had a good look throung the classifieds here and on autotrader but Im sure you guys must know the whereabouts of others.......maybe there is someone on here that may be advertising soon?????

In short, Im Ideally after an original V111 FQ330, maybe an upgraded 300 but am open to advice on any other variants that may be worth considering (XT330, RS etc). Top colours are black, grey and red.

Looking forward to my first EVO:)

Matt

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello and welcome.

There are a few in Autotrader.
Or if you can stretch to it, may be worth looking at an MR FQ320. Bilstein suspension which is more user friendly.
Better tuning potential (if you want to go that route).
I've got an FQ300 with a GEMS ecu but I am tempted to change it for an MR model.

Good luck with your search

Andy

#4 ·
Matt

I may be selling my 330 in the next three weeks. Its totally standard, apart from Ralliart boost gauge and tinted rear windows, plus anti hijack film all round, all done thru Pentagon. Its done 20000 miles, has a full Mits history, and has leather, sat nav (plus screen) etc. I have upgraded the alloys to 18in Speedline Turini with brand new Pirelli P zeros all done thru my Mitsubishi dealer in Bridgwater. The car was registered in Oct 03, bought as a demonstrator from Millwood Mit in Dursley and is yellow. It was bought as a 330 direct from Millwood and so was not an aftermarket upgrade.

It has an uprated stereo/10 cd stacker/minidisk system plus full DVD installation with central roof screen and front monitor.

I have the original Enkei alloys, although the tyres are shot, plus a full decat Blitz Nur spec exhaust from my old 7 which I never fitted to the 8 as it sounded so good without it.

The car is a totally standard UK 330, has never been raced or tracked and is in pristine condition. Alloys were fitted 2000 miles ago and are totally unmarked. Never been serviced outside a Mits dealer, and has had new pads all round at the 18000 service a month back. There are a few stone chips on the front spoiler and bonnet but i do try to touch these up as soon as I notice and the car is cleaned and waxed every weekend.

I am off on holiday to Cyprus this weekend for two weeks so drop me a line if interested and i will try to get back to you. It will have to be before Saturday though and then I am not back until 15th August.

Either thru here, or nickejmartin@btopenworld.com.

Either of the dealers i have used - Millwood in Dursley or Ticknells in Bridgwater, Somerset will give you any info you need on the car. Jon Vicker who sold it to me last August in Millwood, or Ray/Paul in Bridgwater.

Beacuse of the alloys, I would be looking for £21,000 though.

#7 ·
Thanks all, and apologies for the late reply!!

NIck, your car sounds great but I have to he honest, Im not sure I could live with yellow myself. That said, every time I see one they look awesome, just a little too striking for me :)

Ollie, Have not ruled out stretching a little further for an MR340.......and Ive looked at the pics in your ad too many times now!!!, very nice looking car indeed!! Its a shame that your so far away as otherwise, Id be forced to come and have a look. Would be interested if you PM me your cash price to give me an idea on what I could have one of these for (Go on, tempt me!!)

A mate of mine had a 7 FQ300 that I drove, and was passenger in regularly so I know what that felt like..........and as mentioned earlier, I test drove an 8 330 recently. How different/faster does the MR340 feel when compared to the cars I have driven? is it easy to justify that little bit extra ??????

Cheers,

Matt

#9 ·
My Evo 8

Matt,

I am not sure what stage you are at with your purchase but I am writing to say that I am about to sell my Evo 8 FQ300 in black. I am willing to sell around 17k maybe a little lower. I live in Hampshire. It is completely standard and has silver half leather that looks gorgeous. Check out my add on the for sale section which was posted a few weeks back now if your interested.

Good luck.

Napier

#11 ·
hi Matt

Yellow is all down to preference!! Some love, some hate.

I drove a mr 340 before the 330 as i was looking to change my P1
To be honest i preferred the 330, - it seemed a slightly harder ride which for me was perfect. Performance wise, i couldn't tell the two cars apart and I had the 340 for a good hour and the 330 all afternoon, so had penty of time to test them both. As the 330 was in the only colour I wanted and was £8k cheaper, it was a no brainer, esp when Millwood gave me a reasonable trade in on the p1.

All the best getting the car you want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.