Lancer Register Forum banner

WRC-Tech Versus Steve Hill Motor Sport customer service.

4K views 47 replies 30 participants last post by  Leonard 
#1 ·
I had a bit of a problem with my 6 over the weekend, lost some boost pressure but not all, it went down from 1.4 bar to 0.8 bar. Had a look around on Sun. and tightened up all the hose clips but still failed to cure the low boost issue. Decided to give WRC a ring on Monday as they are only about 20 mins away and they advertise servicing on their website. Telephone call went something like this: " Hi, I've got a low boost problem on my Evo 6, any chance of having a look?"
" Sorry but the rolling road has not been working since Weds, waiting for some parts from Australia,not sure when they will be here."
" Well could you phone me when they arrive."
" Unfortunately the mapper is going to Australia on Weds"
" I don't need it mapping, I just need the bloody boost sorting out, it's probably a sticking actuator, have you got one in stock?"
" No we don't carry spares, you will need to buy one from a dealer"
" But what if it's not the actuator, I will have bought one and not needed it!"
At this point I realised I was wasting my time and said" Forget it ,I'll go somewhere else" I got on the phone to Steve Hill and spoke to Mike,
" Hi Mike, I've got a low boost problem, could you have a look, probably an actuator, have you got any in stock?"
" Bring it over 9am tomorrow, we have got actuators in stock but we can test yours"
Been over this morning, job sorted, cheaper than expected as it was a cracked T piece to the boost gauge.
Cannot believe the difference in customer service, thanks to Steve Hill Motorsport, car much better now.

See less See more
#4 ·
I agree about SHM - but as a co-incidence I lost boost at my last trackday and eventually tracked this down to a cracked/melted :eek: T-piece in the vacuum hose - tends to be hard to spot unlike a split hose so well worth checking t- pieces if anyone loses boost! :)

Darryl

#6 ·
Your thread is BS and misrepresents WRC completely.

If you booked a service im sure they would order the parts for that service and undertake to do the work in a professional manner.

But you didnt book a service did you einstein?

You rang up ad-hoc and just because they didnt have the bits in and were honest about it you're slating their customer service.

#7 ·
Blinder said:
Your thread is BS and misrepresents WRC completely.

If you booked a service im sure they would order the parts for that service and undertake to do the work in a professional manner.

But you didnt book a service did you einstein?

You rang up ad-hoc and just because they didnt have the bits in and were honest about it you're slating their customer service.
I don't think the original post mis-represents anyone at all. Barrie P has just relayed an experience he has had. I can't see him slating anyone.
Some of the stuff on other threads about WRC-Tech has been a bit unjustified but in this case it's not IMHO

#8 ·
Re. "Blinders" comments above, I didn't book a "service" because I didn't want a "service", I wanted a low boost issue sorted and I was somewhat surprised that they required the use of a rolling road and a mapper to resolve the issue and were not able to give me a date or time in the forseeable future when they could look at the car.

#13 ·
fair-play....

slow down kids, don't pick-up the rocks just yet...

Barry, if that's what happened to you and you've reported it as you felt it occured no-one need retort as this is your experience... I personally have had a great times at WRC-Tech.

You've got to admit tho, maybe via the phone the guy's didn't know how important you think you are - that's just one of those unfortunate happenings in life... would you like me to pass another nail so you can finish putting your coffin-lid on because bringing the subject up in this way is advertising the "listen to me :goingmad: listen to me :goingmad: " attitude of a toy throwing pram occupant...

no offense, it's just the way your post reads...

#14 ·
I think Barry P's comments were fine. As a potential customer he simply stated how helpful each business was.
Given that WRC's rollers were broken, (no tuning business) i'm baffled they aren't bending over backwards to do smaller jobs like this to tide them over.
Maybe they want a break after a frantic half year.

#16 ·
livewire said:
I asked WRC for a price on a service and they told me they can't do services at the moment because they dont have a certain piece of equipment :rolleyes:

Yet their website explains how great they are !! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
i to asked wrc about servicing on my 6 and was told they could do it all bar ??? i told them i would get this done at main dealer then but how much for the rest of the service, reply was "i can do that for £40 less than main dealer" ?no figure quoted.

anyway took it to steve hill motorsport and :smthumbup

luke

reasonably priced aswell

#19 ·
My membership is due and I really hope that the moderators are watching...

Over the past few months this forum has just become a slagging pit. It seems that if there is a mention of the WRC crew it starts all over again ...blah blah blah

God help if you do discover something that know one else has on this forum esp if it increase's power beware!!

can we just loose some of this childish behavour soon ...... I really bored of this now and would really like to renew!!

#23 ·
Since we're apparently objectively stating our experiences with different tuning companies, I suppose I can give an opinion too. I have had several conversations with the chaps at WRC and they have been great. I was a bit apprehensive at first as I wasn't really sure what I was after (modding wise), but they took the time to explain things and advise accordingly. They were honest and realistic with regard to parts and availability too.

I appreciate everyone has different experiences with different shops/places of trade. One opinion is not representative of how good an establishment is and hence cannot be used to rule someone out or suggest they are **** compared to someone else.

#24 ·
alex_123_fra said:
One opinion is not representative of how good an establishment is and hence cannot be used to rule someone out or suggest they are **** compared to someone else.
Correct! Best bet is to read and learn about as many places as possible (and what they are good for, and not good for), and take an informed decision as to who to get to do the work on your car based on that - all taken with a large dose of salt of course! ;)

#25 ·
alex_123_fra said:
Since we're apparently objectively stating our experiences with different tuning companies, I suppose I can give an opinion too. I have had several conversations with the chaps at WRC and they have been great. I was a bit apprehensive at first as I wasn't really sure what I was after (modding wise), but they took the time to explain things and advise accordingly. They were honest and realistic with regard to parts and availability too.

I appreciate everyone has different experiences with different shops/places of trade. One opinion is not representative of how good an establishment is and hence cannot be used to rule someone out or suggest they are **** compared to someone else.
They may be good at tuning and giving advice but why can't they do a standard service on my car :confused:

#26 · (Edited)
livewire said:
They may be good at tuning and giving advice but why can't they do a standard service on my car :confused:
I don't know, I haven't talked to them about services as I get that done at Tony's in Brighton. You mentioned they said to you that they were waiting on some part...what exactly was that? Did you ask them why they couldn't do a service on your car despite this part (?what?) not being available....which service is it...is it an early one or have you got >50k miles on the car...which may indeed have necessitated extra parts (e.g. belts etc.) than are required for a simple early service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.