Lancer Register Forum banner

Evos are like buses / spotted.

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  footsie 
#1 ·
In three weeks of ownership have only seen one other evo in my area then in local supermarket (Plymouth) saw this black viii next to mine.

Not a local car looks like it came from peterborough anyone out there? As i was reversing out the guy was walking back with his shopping and shat himself guess he thought it was his being reversed from a distance!

Still prefer mine lookswise but then I would wouldn't I.....

Ecutek treatment tomorrow all excited again.

Cheers all.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
LOL @ sean b Well um yes i take your point, wifey was driving hmmmmm yes thats right she was!!!!

:coolsm: Like your bothered anyway living in hawaii and driving an evo!!

Guess I used to parking out of car door dent range.....

#8 ·
Hi footsie,

They not bad considering they were taken with my mobile phone.

:fftopic: Nearly booked two week hols in Spain but managed to persuade mrs paxo to go to fuertaventura as am keen surfer.

Reckon laying on the beach there much like beach anywhere else sides, i'm paying!

#10 · (Edited)
Paxo - your car looks superb.

Which car park in Guzz is it then - I don't recognize it ?

My mate parked his BMW like that all the time to stop people banging his door - it's okay if the car park is emptyish like that one. (unless you get some rep in a 260 right next to you and bumps your door :crackup: )

I came out into the car park on Sunday and there were evo's all round mine

Oh, of course it was us MLR members at the Karting Circuit

Let us know how your re-map goes

#11 ·
Hi geoff,

It was Safeway/ Morrisons or whatever the **** they calling themselves at the moment in Plymstock.

Basically out of town over Laira Bridge and its there, very big store hence plenty of space!!. I am paranoid about small horrible chav kids that should have been microwaved at birth dinging my door panels!

Had the ecutek bit done today and very pleased, hope you still having lots of :cool: times with your new baby!

Cheers,
Pax

#15 ·
Devo here copy of pm sent to someone earlier got all info in it.

Cheers fella.

Hi mate,

Have just picked the car up and I am very impressed.

The engine seems to rev much more freely and to a higher rpm. The throttle response seems quicker with a smoother boost delivery. The car does feel quicker in 1st and second but much quicker in third which is ideal for the driving I enjoy (twisty / winding A/B's).

The car is now running at 1.5 bar max which everyone seems to agree is fairly safe. This was mapped on the road and not a rolling road which some would argue was better and some worse.

It is estimated that with the mods so far and the ecutek power is around the 340-350 ish mark, getting it on a rolling road in the near future.

The work was carried out by Alan Jeffries Engineering in Plymouth, they can be contacted on 01752 345880 or website is
[URL=http://www.enginetuner.co.uk

Alan has been in the rebuild and tuning business for thirty years ish and does loads of jap stuff check out his site. He is a really nice fella as well, takes the time to talk things through with you and is not up his own ass.

Cheers muchly,
Pax

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.