Lancer Register Forum banner

Ex Armed Forces / BFPO Evo's

494 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  sean_goodman 
#1 ·
Does anyone on here own an Evo which was sold by CCC's armed forces department. In the service booklet it will have a Colt Car Company Limited, Bruggen, Germany stamp in the selling dealer section.

I would like to know if the registration date on your V5 registration document matches the service booklet, and also what comment is in the special notes section of the V5 - either 'declared new at first registration', or 'was registered and/or used'

Also, I'm curious to know what registration number shows in the service booklet - either a UK or German mark.

Would be grateful for any replies, because at the moment I think I'm being stuffed by a Mitsi dealer :mad:

#2 ·
Have sold several of these, not just Evo's.
They generally keep the cars for 6 mths and are then returned to the UK for resale, most go through CCC own dealers in reading,circencester and Bristol.
The reg doc will have the date first registered in the UK, which is usually six mths later than the date first used in germany.
So the reg date UK won't match the date in the service book.

It will be a UK reg mark in the service book not German.
Can't say whats in the log book as I don't have one at the moment, but it will be the same as any import vehicle not just a forces one.
The car will still have full Uk warranty and be a full uk spec car.

Hope this answers a few questions.

#3 ·
as per tony above, (note my location)

also all of my old evos only had chassis number in the log book, as out here thats what we use for everything, including insurance.

also as tony says we must keep the car min of 6months before we sell it or we are liable to pay the tax (vat and eu tax) that we did not have to pay when we bought it :D

if we sell the car between 6 months and 1 year old we are banned from having another tax free car for 18months. if we keep it over one year we are alloweed a new one straight away.

this means most people keep the car 1 year and not 6 months.

a 1 year old evo has normally depreciated to about the same level as a brand new one costs with out the taxes, that means a new car every year at no extra cost.

hope this helps

ps, my old red mr340 is sat at reading alll registered and waiting to be sold, someone could allways pop along and have a peek at the book

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.