Lancer Register Forum banner

Recall

974 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  TomIV 
#1 ·
ive just called mitsi as i cannot find the black sticker on my AYC ECU.

incase you dont know the recall is:

Recall: 1 of 1
Recall Ref: R2000/127
Exact Model: IV and V
Description: ACTIVE YAW CONTROL ECU CONCERN
VIN: VARIOUS
Build Date: 20th December 1996 to 17th July 199
Numbers: 156
Defect: The Active Yaw Control ECU may be incorrectly programmed which may cause the clutches in the torque transfer differential to remain disengaged when the engine starts. This could result in damage to the rear axle differential.
Action: Recall potentially affected vehicles and replace the Electronic Control Unit (ECU).
Launch Date: 27 July 2001

Mitsi are saying they will call me back by the end of play today if they can find out if its been rectified or not. The other option they said is to write to the manufacturer in japan , which could take weeks!!!

surely theres an easier way.

See less See more
#2 ·
oooh theres just one more thing i want to ask with out starting yet another thread. :rolleyes:

When your speedo is changed from k/mh to m/ph does your odometer start clocking up in miles too?

Because its going to be a right arse to work out! :blush:

#6 ·
i found out within a few day about my ayc.

all you need to give is your chassis # and they check the database. but lets face it if yours was affected then your ayc plates would be pretty screwed by now

#7 ·
Where did you get the info on the recall from? ie:

Recall: 1 of 1
Recall Ref: R2000/127
Exact Model: IV and V
Description: ACTIVE YAW CONTROL ECU CONCERN
VIN: VARIOUS
Build Date: 20th December 1996 to 17th July 199
Numbers: 156
Defect: The Active Yaw Control ECU may be incorrectly programmed which may cause the clutches in the torque transfer differential to remain disengaged when the engine starts. This could result in damage to the rear axle differential.
Action: Recall potentially affected vehicles and replace the Electronic Control Unit (ECU).
Launch Date: 27 July 2001

cheers

Martin

#9 · (Edited)
i have had a constant problem with my a.y.c. since gettin the vehicle .... :(
always seems to read the same fault codes ... :confused:
throttle position sensor ....
and some vavle thing not operating properly ......
both been change but still reads the same fault codes on tester... :mad:
garage have contacted mitzi to see about the recall for e.c.u. but apparently they wont do it..... :moon:
garage now have the e.c.u. out apparently it can be reconned ....if not they are going to supply a new one :coolsm:

#12 ·
I called CCC direct. The lady in customer services told me they have to go direct to japan as they do not keep hold of the records for older EVO's on their systems.

Manufacturer Contact Details
The Colt Car Company Ltd
Watermoor, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 1LF
(01285) 655777

Regards

Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.