Lancer Register Forum banner

Looking at buying this, your comments? owned it?

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Bigade 
#1 ·
#9 ·
wouldn't touch this one though. If its so good why would he want to swap it for "an Evo" without specifying that it had to be a III, IV, V etc. Think its a dog and he just wants shut.

If you do go for it though, get a 100 quid report off the AA or someone, just for piece of mind.

#11 ·
Brian Carroll said:
Will they not do a pro-rata refund, some will i.e. you'd get 10 months back (minus some costs) if you've only been with them 2 months? Insurance is the main bugbear I've always had with performance cars, especially the EVO.
This is right, if they will not insure you on the car you want/have, they should give you a refund of unused premium (again minus costs etc).

Its not your fault they are a bunch of namby-pambie mondeo-lovers so get your money back!!!

Regarding the above^^ comments, looks like you should find another car first though :p

#12 ·
ajm said:
agreed - that car has been struggling to sell for a while. also saw it on pistonheads long ago. has to be a reason why it hasn't gone yet - might look decent on the pics, but............
think you'll find
1. different owners between ads....
2. if you read the e-bay ad....the present owner took it in p/ex and happy to do same with something else

and as mentioned...always go and view first if not sure
same as any ad on here /anywhere
....just because it's on e-bay shouldn't make a difference
can't tell otherwise....may have been a bargain...then again not

#14 ·
lol

It was in my possesion for a while, love the conspiracey :D

why do people look at ebay as somewhere you have to buy first? It's a blumin good place to advertise, contact the seller and arrange a viewing, simple.

I indeed took it in p/x for my motorbike and fixed the problems it had (which cost me a few hundred quid, including servicing etc) and put it on ebay.

The car sold last night to it's ecstactic new owner (local guy to me, just been talking to him again and he's well chuffed with it). It was a very nice car, I don't think the ad/pictures the previous owner used brought it much/any interest. Perhaps people had viewed it and were put off by the knocks of the suspension?, but as I knew it was either strut mounts, drop links or ARB bushes it wasn't a bother to me. As I stated in my ad I replaced the lot and serviced it with quality parts to bring it up to a level I'd be happy to pass it on to someone who'll potentially be on here anyway.

Blumin tricky changing those front ARB bushes though! (but done it at home, dropping subframe etc) I photographed the front and rear anti roll bar bushes and the front and rear drop link replacement to do a 'how to' in the archive section if anyone is interested?

#15 ·
have seen sunroofs on numerous e1-3 (& later cars)
- dealer/factory option perhaps

imho
#if there's no s/roof fitted...then don't fit one
#if already there, you'd assume that it's perfectly ok as Mitsubishi engineers would know more about structural integrity than you or I...

#16 ·
jameswrx

re ebay - is a good place to advertise. important to view/test before placing bid or making an offer especially if it's a car. bought many good jap cars from ebay as well.

'It was in my possesion for a while'

sure it could've changed hands in the meantime. you managed to sell it sooner than the previous owner - well done

#17 ·
Im the guy that bought. Had no troubles with it which were down too james, only my own silly heavy right foot and blew the head gasket at mid three figures on the m11 (gets fixed in 2 weeks at rg, YIPPEE!). Hey its a great car, and hope to give it a make over during the winter to make it immaculate and maybe win a couple of show and shine comps with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.