Lancer Register Forum banner

Evo X getting closer

1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  T Makinnen 
#1 ·
I got bored with another McLaren **** up, so had a trawl on the web and found this on the Evo X. More subtle changes to the design but still looks different! Also, lots of reports of a mule testing the new floor pan etc with wider front track.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
gsrgeoff said:
You've got to move with the times FFS - I personally can't wait for the 10 - I've loved every picture i've seen so far (this is about the 4th different one)
You are one of the first VI owners to say this, they normally hate the newer models :) .
I like it :)

#10 ·
This new design as it evolves can grow on you, especially if you see some of the '9.5' versions with subaru bug eyed head lights. However, this is supposed to have a 2.5 inch wider front track and there could be a standard FQ400 from the full MIVEC engine. Now that's got to be good news for fututre developement!

#11 ·
I noticed the pic is by "Reichel CarDesign" - I had a quick search and got this translated through Google:
"Are you curiously and would like to know, the automobile industry plans which new models and how these could look? The well-known commercial artist Bernhard Reichel sets hot Insider informationen into exciting pictures over, which we present you here.
Not each draft is realized and lands with the manufacturers as dream again in the documents. Other pictures of Bernhard Reichel see again very similar the late to produced vehicles. Decides and pursues the secret plans of the automobile industry in this gallery, which is naturally updated with pieces of news"

http://www.speedheads.de/index.php?s=&area=future

#12 ·
I like it but not as much as my VI though.

All the models are by their very nature evolving and pushing forward with technolgy rather than being left behind. Car makers are clearly trying to attract more people by toning the cars down and making them more user frinedly. Whether your into it or not doesn't matter, choose the one you do like and enjoy. They're all so bloody brilliant and much nicer in whatever incarnation than a scooby. IMO.

#13 ·
Seen the new Skyline R35 pics? I don't like that either.

They are radically changing the look of their performance cars and I can only see the reason they are doing this is to go more European. That artist's impresson of the 10 is a perfect example of this as is the new Skyline.

Could you see that X hurtling around a rally track? I can't see it myself. Doesn't look rugged enough, but that's just personal opinion (and taste). No doubt about it it will probably drive superbly, handle well, have a more updated and refreshed interior, again more European as well as having a ton of electronics and stabalising devices that we're acustomed to now with modern cars.

Yeah, yeah you can always just buy the older ones if you perfer that style, but I'm just a tad disappointed with not only Mitsubishi but the Jap market in general for going down the 'modern, stylish' look just to appeal to more people. To me, Jap performance cars are unique. You can just tell a decent Jap car when you see one due to the hard and extreme styling. That's what appeals to me. I love the unusual looks for e.g. the SL R32/33/34.

Debadged, you'd say that Evo X was an Audi or an Alfa. You can't say that about any of it's predecessors.

I'd imagine my girlfriend would really like the Evo X and she really hates Evo's. That, however is most probably Mitsubishi's thinking behind it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.