Lancer Register Forum banner

where to get my e4 engine reconned

531 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  redzx12r 
#1 ·
i have been deliberating for a while now whether to get a later evo engine fitted or to have my old evo 4 engine reconned..it seems that the general concensus is the latter and if that is the case where can i get it done .i live in harrogate north yorks and obviously i want the job done rite..i can sorse all the parts needed if necercery ie..forged pistons and rings..big ends.gasket set.valve guide seels.head and big end bolts etc..how much would i realistically expect to pay for this work to be done..i doo have a budget like most of us but i also no that the rite person doesnt cum cheep..with regards wen i want this doin...yesterday would be nice. :D .i just want to drop the car off with the rite people(and if that meens travelling a fair way then fine)and then collect the car wen its all done and pay the bill..simple eh..lol...anyway any advice would be most appreciated...cheers

#3 ·
redzx12r said:
i have been deliberating for a while now whether to get a later evo engine fitted or to have my old evo 4 engine reconned..it seems that the general concensus is the latter
that's somewhat surprising
how many suggested that ?
usually easier, quicker fitting a good e5-7 engine

have a chat with gaz@cpp
he's done a number of conversions due to e.g. crankwalk problems with e4 engines

#4 ·
ive talked to cpp and they have no engines in stock..the problem is finding a GOOD engine...i agree that is the easiest option but i dont want to end up with sumone elses problem engine..if i could get a reasonably priced GOOD e6,e7,e8 engine i would get it immediately but my top price is £2k for an engine otherwise i will have to get one built up..ears motorsport have a evo7 short motor brand new for £1900 but unfortunately there is the dreaded vat so that would work out at £2200 plus gaskets etc etc..before you no it your up to £3k no probs..ime tearin my hair out here wondering wot to do...i wish i could just give the car to sumone for a week and then collect it with a spot on engine fitted(new or 2nd hand)and pay them up to £2300...job done..but life is never like that is it.. :cry:

#5 · (Edited)
problem is the budget of £2300
Mitsi prices are expensive....it's cheaper to get forged stuff from the US unless you can find a good cheap supplier of oem parts here or over there;
but even getting cheap, once you've bought items for the rebuild, the money left may not cover labour costs
i.e. removing, dismantling, doing rebuild and re-fitting

e.g. using approximate prices and including taxes & shipping
forged pistons, rods, pins, bearings £1200-£1400
gaskets etc £300-400
sundries £200
+ this is assuming it doesn't need head or crank work

I'm sure you/anyone can probably find cheaper perhaps
but if you're going to rebuild, might as well use good items that will be strong enough for possible future performance upgrade(s)

#7 ·
engine

there is a e6 in a breakers yard, not to far from me.
front passenger side impact, wing door roof etc.
engine looks fine, turbo still on etc.
this was a members car as it has this years mlr tax disc holder on, dont know who,s but someone on here must know? dark blue e6.

if you get in touch with LS6GSR on here, he viewed the car and asked for prices for bits, he may know what they want for the engine,
also liam(LS6GSR) HAS JUST WRITTEN OFF his own e6gsr hitting a dear, dont know condition of engine or whats happened to the car, but he will let you know.

hope this helps,

alan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.