Lancer Register Forum banner

Wynn's injector cleaner

598 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  stevov 
#1 ·
Just got a bottle of this and still a bit dubious as to putting it into the car. I'm going up North next week and where I'm goings got no Optimax or any other SUL so I thought I'd get some octane booster and I decided to get some injector and system cleaner as well.

Will this unclog something thats been happily clogged for ages and start causing problems like smoking or worse???

cheers

#3 ·
if you have been using optimax then you shouldnt need injector cleaner as optimax helps remove carbon build up anyway.

as for octane booster i'd be inclined to use a can of silkolene pro boost per tank which will be fine with std unleaded or half a can (500ml) if you can find super unleaded.

#4 ·
Cheers Wullie. Dont think they even have Super up there. I'm going up the North West of Fort William. Wee place called Arisaig. Its great up there and the scenerys amazing (Not to mention the road up :rolleyes: ) Anyway theres only one petrol station for bout an hours drive all around and dont think theyve ever heard of Super or Optimax. Cant even get a car wash anywhere :mad:

Kilmarnocks not far up north. Bout 20 miles South of Glasgow.

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.