Lancer Register Forum banner

Do most men last longer?

1K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  2bar boost 
#1 ·
Well I have managed to last ten days before giving into temptation and visiting the evo toyshop.

Walked into the garage started chatting to the lads usual boys talk went something like

Garage - "Nice evo, looks good in black"
Me "Yeah real pleased with it searched for ages"
Garage - (Casually) "Modded or is it standard?"
Me "Pretty much standard few bits usual you know"
Garage "Love working on these theres soooooo much untapped potential"
Me (lamb to slaughter) "Yeah seems that way"
Blah
Blah
Blah
Blah.

Net result:

Exhaust:
Fuel pump.
Injectors.
Ecutek ECU.
Remap.

Skint havent got a pot to **** in or a window to chuck it out !
Still i have tried sensible and its ****ing boring, have told other half it in for MOT.......

Am wondering now if I really have done the right thing and secondly what increase will this give me?

If your replies are not favourable please lie!

Sean.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
good point chunky she is very blond and likes music I will tell her That the car needs a new 'Catatonia converter' and they are ****ing pricey. Cant drive round with no MOT can I?

#5 ·
It only gets worse ;)

#7 ·
gsrgeoff said:
Sean - all you need is an uprated air filter, full exhaust inc de-cat, and an ecutec re-map. That should be good for starters, will cost around £1100, will unleash approx 50bhp and give better fuel economy.
I am having much the same done to mine at the moment..The car is a standard VII FQ300..Just wondering if there is any need to fit a Walbro Pump as well ?

#9 ·
I suppose its a type of future proof then, it came with the car just not fitted...Also bought a bigger FMIC which is being fitted, as well as a Tubular manifold and Turbo outlet... Not sure if there is any point in fitting the tubular manifold except that it looks good... Would there be any noticeable gains buy fitting the manifold and outlet ?

Cheers

Phil

#16 ·
gsrgeoff said:
My air filter arrived the same day as the VI :)

Since then it has been discs / pads / anti-squeal mods / mudfaps / badges / stereo / tracking / waxoil - now thinking about different mats / gearknob, decat, ecutec - christ i'll soon be up to my credit card limit again !!
What are the Anti Squeal mods...Can you buy shims for the Brembo's ?

#17 ·
Just to clarify things although a new exhaust has been recommended to improve airflow, I am already running full stainless plus decat. Apparently my current exhaust is not that wide. There appears to be no manufacturers name on it so maybe its a one off. The exhaust will have to wait until after the ecutek (unless it will significantly restrict the benefit of the ecutek) but is part of the short term plan. The fuel pump will follow.

I am already running a HKS induction kit so that takes care of that side of things.

The ecutek work will be carried out on Tuesday.

The garage seems hopeful of 50ish increase and have been established in Plymouth for years and are very well patronised.

Cheers,
Sean.

#18 ·
Dal - Alyn at ASPERFORMANCE sells a mod kit which consists of 8 small spring steel bits for the calipers, which the pads actually slide over top & bottom. (2 for each pad).
They hold the pads in a lot firmer and hence reduce the squeal, and are cheap.
They are a **** to change though as the originals are held on by a torq head screw (T27) which will be caked full of brake dust.

You also have to take the caliper off to get at them.

You should also have anti-squeal shims fitted to the back of the pad - available from mitsubishi dealers for circa £20.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.