Lancer Register Forum banner

Advice on an IMPORT needed please

569 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  nickejmartin 
#1 ·
I doubt many if any will remember me a little while back, was on the hunt for an evo 6.

Ive since been in an Evo 8 FQ-330 and was very impressed and now dont want to settle for anything less! The prices seem to be getting better, as i gather an 8 FQ320-340 is gona be between 20-25k.

Ive been thinking recently about perhaps importing one to save money, and if any of you on here have any reliable contacts or perhaps even your selves could do this for me? and how much id be looking at for an EVO 8 FQ-320-340 with no more than 20k miles. (doesnt have to be an MR)

(preffrably in gun metal grey or silver)

Thanks for any help! Karl :)

#2 ·
speak to NigelS on here. he does imports at good prices. many people have bought from him on here.

he was doing evo IX's recently for good money

you wont get an imported 320 or 340 as thats an add on over here.

#5 ·
project 2501 said:
Oh what really? shame. What should i be looking at paying then for the sort of car im after in the UK? was i right on my estimate? cheers for the quick replies!
you dont want one anyway, the piggyback powerpack is meant to be cack.

best to get a std evo and get a mappable ecu stuck into it.

#6 ·
The FQs are cheaper to create yourself - their advantage was in part down to the warranty. They're basically just a set of mods - exhaust, air filter, hard pipe kit, ECU piggy back (depending on the FQ model). I think the higher FQ models also had things like leather seats and satnav as standard.

#7 ·
Puts it into perspective a bit, could like you say, buy a standard evo 8 and take it to noris designs.

Has anyone ever used them? They as good as they think they are? :crackup:

What would your advice be (That goes to all the members) on how i should go about buying my Evo 8, and how much i should have as a budget.

Cheers, Karl

#10 ·
My 8 fq330 may be up for sale in the next month. Its yellow though, but unmodified, 20,000 miles, fsh, speedline turini 18s with Pzeros - put on at 18000 mile service. Tinted windows (back only), plus Pentagon anti hijack film all the way around, with full guarantee.

Comes with fully integrated Directed DVD system back and front if required.

Would be looking £21500 with DVD system, £21000 without.
Original Enkei plus old Blitz Nur Spec plus decat from my 7 also available if interetesed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.