Lancer Register Forum banner

'PRICE REDUCED' My Evo 5 GSR with 353.5 bhp for sale

20K views 101 replies 17 participants last post by  rickstarbo 
#1 · (Edited)
Sadly the car is now sold

Unfortunately the time has come to sell my pride and joy. My circumstances have changed quite dramatically recently and I am now a full time dad. The Evo is my everyday car and isn't really the best thing to use as an everyday fulltime dad bus. There are 2 main reasons for reaching this decision:

1) I really have to limit where I go on a weekly basis due to the cost of fuel, which is not really ideal.

2) On more than one occasion, I have found myself inadvertently doing a little over the speed limit with my 13 month old in the car, which again isn't ideal.

Since I have owned the car I have accumilated reciepts to the total of £7060.44, which is £7060.44 the buyer will not have to spend. Before I owned it there is receipts for approximately £7500. This is a very well looked after car and since I've owned it, all of the work has been carried out at MG Autos who are one of the best traders on here. If anybody would like to confirm anything with regards to work done, please feel free to contact Mat at MG Autos.

Now I am in no hurry to sell and I also won't be distraught if it doesn't sell as I LOVE the car, but I have to grow up someday LOL!!!

Anyway here are the details:

For Sale: Silver Evo 5 running 353.5 bhp with graph to prove.

Tax and MOT: 12 months tax (£205 per year) up until 31/07/2011 and 12 months MOT up until 30/07/2011.

Mileage: The odometer is showing as of today 80348 (True reading of 69674) but I have a receipt from when the speedo conversion was done, the odometer was then made to register in miles from that point. The reciept states that to get a true and accurate odometer reading, 10674 miles need to be subtracted from the odometer reading. This makes the true mileage of the car 69674. Please see the photos for this receipt.

Extra Info: Just a couple of important points I forgot to put in the ad. Obviously I can't guarantee before I got it but since I've had the car it has never been tracked. The AYC pump has just been changed and the AYC system is working perfectly, including the light coming on and then going off again after the engine is started. The lash adjusters have been uprated so there is no annoying ticking. The sump has just been replaced for a brand new genuine Mitsubishi item which has the baffle in there as well. Also the rear sub frame has been changed for a freshly powdercoated one in black which is great. Also I can't believe I forgot to add it in the listing but the car is also fitted with a Cusco twin plate clutch. It's HPI clear and also fitted with a Cobra cat 1 alarm and immobiliser. Also the gearbox has recently had a full rebuild. The cambelt has also been changed twice since I've owned the car.

Condition: On the whole pretty good but this is a 1998 car so obviously there are marks here and there. There are 3 main ones to be aware of though:

First is the front splitter. I managed to scrape it on a kerb when attempting a U turn:

The second is some paint flaking on the bumper on the rear drivers side corner:

The third is a dent in the drivers door where somebody fell onto the wing mirror and snapped it off leaving a dent in the door. I can't really get a photo to show this one though.

Here are some recent photos:

This one was taken before the tints were fitted:

Here is the engine bay. I am aware that it could do with a clean and please take no notice of the bov, it now has a Turbosmart recirculating one fitted:

Here is the spec:

Exterior:

Ganador wing mirrors
Tints fitted by Paul @ PWPRO, and they do a fantastic job.

Engine:

Standard engine. When the new sump was fitted, Tez @ MG Autos had a look up into the pistons and showed me that there was no pitting or scoring and the engine looked to be in great condition.
Cusco twin plate clutch (I can't believe I forgot to put this in the listing LOL!!!)
The gearbox has recently been fully rebuilt and is spot on perfect
Walboro fuel pump
Rare Evo 7 rocker cover powdercoated blue by Neverneverman
ARC Titanium exaust manifold cover
Blue powdercoated slam panel, again done by neverneverman
Blue powdercoated radiator brackets done by neverneverman
AMS stainless plug cover
Greddy oil cap
Greddy radiator cap
The battery has been relocated to the back of the engine bay giving much more cold air to the relocaated air filter
HKS Reloaded induction kit
Genuine Ralliart MAF to turbo intake pipe.
Full turbo back 3" custom RC Developments exhaust with decat and angled exit tip

Electronics:

Apexi AVCR black edition
Ecutec remap done by RC Developments
Parrot 3200 fully inbuilt bluetooth carkit

Wheels and tyres:

18" Ultralite A-Tech in anthracite
Falken FK452 tyres all round.

Brakes:

Evo 8 Brembo calipers on the front which were brand new when I put them on.
HEL braided lines all round.
Standard Evo 5 Brembo calipers on the rear.
Godspeed 2 piece disks on the front with around 2000 miles on them
EBC dimpled and grooved disks on the rear.
DS2500 pads all round.

Suspension and handling:

BC BR type coilovers all round. I love these as they are so adjustable, very comfy for the road and hard enough for the track when you adjust the damping which has 30 positions.
Full geometry setup by MG Autos
Cusco 3 point strut brace on the front
Ralliart 2 point strut brace on the rear
Super Pro polly bushes on the rear ARB.
Ralliart black gearknob

ICE:

JVC 6.5" double din DVD player with the connection for ipod which is awesome.

Price: I'm now open to sensible offers guys.

Location: Barnsley, South Yorkshire. Viewing would take place at MG Autos. There are 2 reasons for this. Since getting my house broken into while we were in bed for the keys I've become a little more careful about telling complete strangers where the car is kept. The second reason is that all of the work done to my car since I've had it has been done at MG Autos so Mat and the guys there can confirm any questions about work done to the car. I have nothing to hide but I am now very careful as it's really unpleasant having your house broken into while you are in bed.

More Photos:

The DVD player:

The reciept for the mileage adjustment:

Receipts from before I got the car:

Receipts from after I've owned it:

Documents for the alarm:

Owners manuals (2 in japanese and one translated into English):

Power graph:

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks for the kind words fella, it's cost me enough to keep it nice LOL!!!

shame to see you selling up my friend

all the best and stick to ya guns on the price as no doubt the "its to dear" brigade will be along shortly :shake:

paul
Thanks Paul. I think the time has come to get something a little more sensible, at least while I'm a full time dad.

I intend to stick to my guns on the price. Personally I feel I have priced it very fairly, especially considering all of the work that has been done to it by such a good company like MG Autos. As a buyer what would you prefer, buy a cheap one and have the big risk of getting some jaw dropping bills or spend a little bit more on one which you know has been looked after?

Thanks for the kind words guys.

#7 · (Edited)
I can't believe I forgot to put in the ad that the car is also fitted with a Cusco twin plate clutch as well.

I can't believe I forgot to list the single most expensive part I've put on the car.:wallbang::D:D

And I also forgot to put that the gearbox has recently had a full rebuild done to it.

#16 ·
I also forgot that it has a Parrot 3200 bluetooth carkit which is a really good fully inbuilt one. This as well as the stereo has been professionally fitted.

Anyway, here are some more interior pics as requested:

The carkit:

The AVCR in the glovebox:

Here is the AYC light coming on just before the engine has been started:

And here is the AYC light off now the engine is running:

#29 ·
Thanks Emma. It's taken quite a long time to get to this point but I've just had to face the fact that it's just not the best car for my needs at the minute. It is such a shame though as I love it and I've spent so much money getting it running really sweet.

Oh well that's the way it goes I suppose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.