Lancer Register Forum banner

8 fq300 servicing

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  douglasgdmw 
#1 ·
What are chnged on the 4500 miles service intervals?on a evo 8 fq300?
Is it easy enough to do myself?

Or are special tools/computer required?
Thanks

#2 ·
Have a look in the buyers guide mate, but just quickly (as I had one done yesterday)

Oil Filter
Oil
Air Filter (FQ/260 models only)
check all fluids
Check all switches and electrics
Check brakes
Roadtest
Rotate tyres

and a few other things, cost me £243 at Crightons, Peterborough :eek: and I will be doing all my own servicing as soon as the warranty ends. dread to think what the other services cost if an "A" service is £243!

#3 ·
J@mes said:
Have a look in the buyers guide mate, but just quickly (as I had one done yesterday)

Oil Filter
Oil
check all fluids
Check brakes
Roadtest
Rotate tyres

and a few other things, cost me £243 at Crightons, Peterborough :eek: and I will be doing all my own servicing as soon as the warranty ends. dread to think what the other services cost if an "A" service is £243!
Bloody hell :eek: , time you shopped about for your servicing, just had mine done three weeks ago by my local dealer and it was only £117.17 :D Now thats more like it me thinks!!!

#4 ·
The MUT II diagnostic tool is required for changing the AYC pressure side oil. This is carried out every 9000 miles (used to be every 4500 miles) but under severe use it is suggested to change it every 4500 miles. Therefore I change mine every 4500 miles. :D

IIRC the 36000 mile service changes the diff oils and gearbox oil as well as the AYC and Engine Oil, engine coolant and brake fluid. I haven't got my service invoices at hand to confirm.

Cambelt is 45000 miles service and is a big one!

#6 ·
chhh1 said:
so the 4500 mile servoces you could do yourself easily enough,but the 9,000 service would require dealer tools then.
As you only need the dealer tool to change the high pressure side, possibly not. many people say that unless the high pressure side has been contaminated or is really old, there is no need to change it.

#7 ·
great thanks,so not as bad as i thought then,as with all my cars i change the oil regulary anyway,but thought this my have to be a dealer job everytime.
As long as i keep the reciepts do you think this will hold value o.k,when i come to sell it?
Similar to a car thats been dealer serviced?

#8 ·
Thats what I am planning to do with mine, you may not get exactly the same amount as you would with a FDSH, but I think the savings on the servicing will offset the lower selling price.

Keep the receipts, use quality items and do the services on time and I cant see there being much of a problem tbh.

As soon as the warranty on mine runs out I wont be paying £250 for a service that costs £45 of oil, a £10 filter and an hour out on my driveway, thats for sure!

#10 ·
O.k only thing putting me off a Evo 8 Fq300 at the minute is the fact the clutches dont seem to be lasting people that long?Servicing i can do myself apart from the 9k one where i can take it to a dealer for so that once a year isnt so bad when you look at it like that!
Petrol well i do around 130 miles a week MAX,what will this cost me drivng tidy?
So what are you getting out of them?

#17 ·
J@mes said:

Oil Filter
Oil
check all fluids
Check brakes
Roadtest
Rotate tyres

Don't complain at £243, I got my Elise 111R serviced (also an A type service at a Lotus dealership) and it cost me £385 !! Luckily that is only required once a year.

I kind of look forward to the Evo service now as it seems cheap compared to the Elise. However I cannot complain as I heard on the Scottish Elise forum that a Pagini Zonda owner paid £20k for their 1st service (although it was transported to Modena) !!

Cheers
DMW

#19 ·
No driving in the Zonda, just the lorry transporting it. Loaded up on one of those fancy transporter trucks and secured inside (akin to the Formula 1 transporter trucks).

Just wondering how one of those trucks would get a Zonda onto the trailer as it has very low ground clearance. Must be some type of hydraulic lift where the car rolls onto it.

Suspect that the Zonda would use the best oil that money can buy.

DMW

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.