Lancer Register Forum banner

shocker

707 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  DuncanIV 
#1 ·
Bought 2 tyres from camskill the other week and was shopping around today for someone to fit them, turned out kwik fit of all places was the cheapest(most expensive was 15/wheel!). Anyways trundled down there at lunch expecting your usual bunch of spotted yoofs but was greeted by a decent young chap, was straight on the case done, quite chatty & took great interest in my car. Charged me £20 for fitting & balancing. What a pleasant experience and totally changed my views of this company who people usually complain about ! :)

#2 ·
gevolution said:
Bought 2 tyres from camskill the other week and was shopping around today for someone to fit them, turned out kwik fit of all places was the cheapest(most expensive was 15/wheel!). Anyways trundled down there at lunch expecting your usual bunch of spotted yoofs but was greeted by a decent young chap, was straight on the case done, quite chatty & took great interest in my car. Charged me £20 for fitting & balancing. What a pleasant experience and totally changed my views of this company who people usually complain about ! :)
Cool. :D

I think a lot depends on which one you go to. I've got three branches within 2 miles of my house and I've used all three of them at some point. Always found two of the three to be pretty good.

#5 ·
Re: kwik fit

arthur.d said:
as a whole they seem pretty good,but if you were a 50something
lady with no knowlage of cars you would leave their premises with 4 new tyres/shocks,brakes all round,a huge bill and a kwik fit credit card....bonus for the boys!
:crackup: People used to try that one with me.... didn't last long. I also get from generic places like that "Does your boyfriend really let you drive his car?" lol

#11 ·
AndyF_RSX said:
I'll wait for the next post about having a bad vibration through the steering wheel from an incorrectly balanced wheel :lol: :lol:
Me first!! :crackup:
once i went and like Andy says they balanced them up all wrong.They put the weights on the opposite side to where they needed to be which caused huge vibrations through the wheel :eek: :eek:

That was after i went back cos they had put 4 new tyres on,the ones on the front were a different type to the ones on the back and they hadnt noticed when fitting!! :eek:
They didnt have another 2 tyres in stock so i had to drive round with some odd tyres on for 2 days whilst they ordered them in!!

(this was on my old scoob)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.